• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

There is freedom in the Holy Spirit, for mental conditions

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

I have finally gotten over the debilitating effect my schizophrenia has.

I have committed my sense-making to the Holy Spirit, and I am free.

So far, the Lord is serving me quite well - I am not sure how far it will have taken me (in the end).

Thanks for listening.

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I just mean that as with all things spiritual, how it starts out: it may not end up.

You could probably rebuff me and say "you should have more faith, in the Holy Spirit".

The point I am trying to make is that I am completely new to trusting in the Holy Spirit for my mental health and that it is - for me - a question of "further", not 'how much'.

Thanks for your interest.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You could probably rebuff me and say "you should have more faith, in the Holy Spirit".
Not at all - that would not be encouraging, helpful or uplifting, would it!?

Rather, if you are able to do internet and library and health food store searches,
you may find out God's Way of continued, maintained, and improving health , or best helps anyway (most people never find out).

Your faith seems to be , today, stronger and better than most. (no boasting , except in Jesus ! )

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi there,

So far, the Lord is serving me quite well - I am not sure how far it will have taken me (in the end).

Thanks for listening.
Hallelujah! No better cure than Him! :).

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I have committed my sense-making to the Holy Spirit, and I am free

I am glad that you are over the effect of your mental illness.

But I am concerned by your statement that you are free.
Free of what?
Free from schizophrenia?
What do your doctors say?

If you have the all clear from them, and I hope you do, do you know what signs to watch out for?

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi there,

Thanks for listening.

Good.

But don't stop taking any properly prescribed medication. God uses doctors as well.

• Agree
Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I just mean that as with all things spiritual, how it starts out: it may not end up.

The point I am trying to make is that I am completely new to trusting in the Holy Spirit for my mental health and that it is - for me - a question of "further", not 'how much'.

Thanks for your interest.

See above. Take the medication as well, if you have any.

• Agree
Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Thanks for your comments, everyone.

I am glad that you are over the effect of your mental illness.

But I am concerned by your statement that you are free.
Free of what?
Free from schizophrenia?
What do your doctors say?

If you have the all clear from them, and I hope you do, do you know what signs to watch out for?

The schizophrenia basically transitions mindfulness to basic cognition, so that a greater emphasis can be placed on "memory".

I am free, of anxiety (anxiety that I have the right level of progression spiritually).

Prior to the Holy Spirit's help, I was sure something could be done about it, but didn't know what: now I have patience, if nothing else.

Thanks for asking.

Upvote 0