There are wonderful dedicated people out there.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was blessed recently when a young lady came into my life.
She saw all the cats in my yard and stopped to offer her services.
Spay and neuter for all the cats for free.
She comes with a friend in the evening and sets up traps, keeps them for s few days and brings them back fixed.
She has dedicated her life to this.
Even to rounding up the necessary people to get it all done right down to the funding
Bless her heart!
She's following in her mom's footsteps, she says
Bless her mom also.:screamcat:

Reactions: rhawk

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
It is nice seeing someone helping with TNR in action! (TNR = Trap Neuter Return). One of their ears will also be clipped to indicate they are fixed so they are not recaught for no reason.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is nice seeing someone helping with TNR in action! (TNR = Trap Neuter Return). One of their ears will also be clipped to indicate they are fixed so they are not recaught for no reason.
I was pretty upset about the clipping of the ear as I have seen it with a notch but they topped the ear off. It was unsightly.
One that lives in the house sometimes has a quarter of her ear gone on top. It's not right.
It can't be reversed. So we had a short falling out over it.

Upvote 0

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
The clipping of the ear does not harm them or damage hearing in any way. It does allow people trying to maintain feral colonies to visually see where work and help is needed and prevents a single cat from being traumatized by being caught over and over in more aggressive ways (catch me one shame on you catch me twice shame on me - cats learn). Plus if a cat were caught again and it was female they would have to open her and then see it was already done, thus more danger to the cats. What they do is actually humane as an end result and helps protect them. :) I more than understand how you do not like it, but you should consider what could happen to them if they did not do that.

Upvote 0