Montreal, Quebec
✟250,341.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is certainly understandable that the election of Mr. Trump would be significantly disturbing to some. The world's most powerful nation is now being led by a man who is provably unqualified for the job and who is demonstrably attempting to dismantle the institution of democracy. And this same man who bragged about his genitals has the nuclear football.

Being alarmed is entirely understandable. Of course, some are better at handling the fact that the animals are running the zoo than are others.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It is certainly understandable that the election of Mr. Trump would be significantly disturbing to some. The world's most powerful nation is now being led by a man who is provably unqualified for the job and who is demonstrably attempting to dismantle the institution of democracy. And this same man who bragged about his genitals has the nuclear football.

Being alarmed is entirely understandable. Of course, some are better at handling the fact that the animals are running the zoo than are others.

Yeah, that explains precisely how competent these therapists are, not only regarding themselves, but regarding any unfortunate soul who may mistakenly seek "therapy" from them.

^_^

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I wonder if Veritas actually read the article (at Rion clearly has) because it's not just anti-Trump folks who are having anxiety.

>> Some patients who support Trump say they feel isolated because they can’t share who they voted for in their workplace or home for fear of being harassed or called xenophobic or misogynistic. With few people to talk to freely, they turn to online forums and their therapists.

Opening up about voting for Trump has already stoked conflict with family and friends. One therapist mediated a case in which an adult son threatened to cut off his relationship with his parents because they voted for Trump. << (bold mine)

What a bunch of snowflakes these Trump voters are....

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
At least to their patients. We know as a collective it's not a problem as they psychoanalyze from afar. But how do they handle all the depressed, sleepless, weight-losing patients who need help overcoming Trump's election?

Why therapists are having such a hard time talking about Trump
I'd like to know what their political affiliations are, because I'm willing to bet that this silly tirade of accusations is purely politically motivated.

Ironically, it is the left that has sported mental instability since Trump was elected. Did you see it? The therapy dogs, the cry-ins, crayons, blankies, trigger warnings; the melodrama was extraordinary, even here in New Zealand. Aren't universities supposed to be the hub of intellectual diversity and a free platform to challenge students through critical thought? When did universities become daycare centers?

My psychiatric advice: Suck it up, buttercup, it's just a scratch.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'd like to know what their political affiliations are, because I'm willing to bet that this silly tirade of accusations is purely politically motivated.

Ironically, it is the left that has sported mental instability since Trump was elected. Did you see it? The therapy dogs, the cry-ins, crayons, blankies, trigger warnings; the melodrama was extraordinary, even here in New Zealand. Aren't universities supposed to be the hub of intellectual diversity and a free platform to challenge students through critical thought? When did universities become daycare centers?

My psychiatric advice: Suck it up, buttercup, it's just a scratch.
I'm willing to bet that this silly tirade of accusations is purely politically motivated.

That did cross my mind the very second i read the title.

^_^

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That did cross my mind the very second i read the title.

^_^
Wow, I'm bad. I was in two minds, thinking of something else. Heard something like all these "psychiatrists" were saying Trump was mentally insane or something.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I wonder if Veritas actually read the article (at Rion clearly has) because it's not just anti-Trump folks who are having anxiety.

>> Some patients who support Trump say they feel isolated because they can’t share who they voted for in their workplace or home for fear of being harassed or called xenophobic or misogynistic. With few people to talk to freely, they turn to online forums and their therapists.

Opening up about voting for Trump has already stoked conflict with family and friends. One therapist mediated a case in which an adult son threatened to cut off his relationship with his parents because they voted for Trump. << (bold mine)

What a bunch of snowflakes these Trump voters are....

Actually it's the other way around....
Wow, I'm bad. I was in two minds, thinking of something else. Heard something like all these "psychiatrists" were saying Trump was mentally insane or something.

There was another thread that actually went there...

^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

"Mentally insane"? Is there another kind?

Upvote 0