• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Therapist gives me order to watch funny videos when stressed.....

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was my pleasure. :)

Yes, I have rolled around in the snow with total, blissful abandon, and I highly recommend it! (Though, it's best to be wearing the proper clothing, haha). I grew up in LA so snow is a novelty to me, and I treat it as my dog does - this wonderland to play in - when I'm somewhere snowy. My grandparents live in Ohio, and asked me to put together a video of all my little Instagram posts of snow escapades. It's surreal how much snow they get in the winter.

woah! kiddo, you make me cry with tears of joy and laughter, ha ha!

so, like me, is beam your fav event? got those press handstands down girlfriend!

You must do a handstand on everything, everywhere you go....its a gymnast thing!

and a front hip on the single bar, lol! in the freezing cold??

Love it!

Planche much?

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
woah! kiddo, you make me cry with tears of joy and laughter, ha ha!

so, like me, is beam your fav event? got those press handstands down girlfriend!

You must do a handstand on everything, everywhere you go....its a gymnast thing!

and a front hip on the single bar, lol! in the freezing cold??

Love it!

Planche much?

:) If I could walk around on my hands all day I would, haha. I inherited the love of handstands from my mom, who was a gymnast in her youth and still loves practicing her moves. It's funny, though, because she complains that there aren't enough pictures of me simply standing on my feet so my face is clearly visible, but she's the one who inspired me to invert. I was encouraged by people here to make an album of my handstand adventures after I'd shared a few pics in a popular thread:
Handstands Around the Globe

I just added a few more to it!

I took gymnastics for a couple of years when I was younger, but preferred acrobatics because you could do more stunts that freak people out, ha. This video is funny because my great-aunt wanted to show her friends a routine I did at a competition in 2012, but she didn't know how to upload the video from DVD to her Facebook, so instead she just played it and recorded the TV with her phone. :D

Oh, and here's a video of some acro shenanigans at the gym:

This is a cute video:

Oh! And my cat will probably make you smile!

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Stanfordella wow, thats some super flexibility-did you ever try Rhythmic Gymnastics?

What a cool handstand montage, and nice kitty kat!

Thank you :)

Just for you....

triple front half, quad tuck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
@Stanfordella kitty kat wants to steal her ribbon

This is awesome, both because of the magnificence of the gymnast and the adorable determination of the cat. :) Thank you for sharing it with me!

A friend posted this on Twitter last week and it made my heart laugh:
When you're in a bad mood and your best friend tries to cheer you up

:greenheart::greenheart::greenheart::greenheart::greenheart::greenheart::greenheart::greenheart::greenheart::greenheart:

This one is really sweet, too:
Dog loves his little kitten.

It reminds me of how my Golden Retrievers and cats interact with each other. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ada Lovelace

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
@Stanfordella wow, thats some super flexibility-did you ever try Rhythmic Gymnastics?

What a cool handstand montage, and nice kitty kat!

Thank you :)

Just for you....

triple front half, quad tuck!

I think we need to coin a new word for this, wowmazing, for things that are amazing and make you react with wow!

I did try rhythmic gymnastics for a while, and after watching the video you posted wish I had continued to pursue it because it's so beautiful in addition to being challenging. Dance became my main passion in high school, with a bit of acro thrown in purely for joy.
yes?.png

Ha, since we're on a cat theme, I'll share a video of a dance from earlier this year when I portrayed a cat:

My kitty's cattitude helped to inspire me for the role, ha.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think we need to coin a new word for this, wowmazing, for things that are amazing and make you react with wow!

I did try rhythmic gymnastics for a while, and after watching the video you posted wish I had continued to pursue it because it's so beautiful in addition to being challenging. Dance became my main passion in high school, with a bit of acro thrown in purely for joy. View attachment 215343

Ha, since we're on a cat theme, I'll share a video of a dance from earlier this year when I portrayed a cat:

My kitty's cattitude helped to inspire me for the role, ha.

pas de chat, pas de chat, pas de chat, pas de chat-love that choreography!

did you do that yourself?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is awesome, both because of the magnificence of the gymnast and the adorable determination of the cat. :) Thank you for sharing it with me!

A friend posted this on Twitter last week and it made my heart laugh:
When you're in a bad mood and your best friend tries to cheer you up

:greenheart::greenheart::greenheart::greenheart::greenheart::greenheart::greenheart::greenheart::greenheart::greenheart:

This one is really sweet, too:
Dog loves his little kitten.

It reminds me of how my Golden Retrievers and cats interact with each other. :)

Oh the bad mood kitty is PUUURfect! Love that pout despite the retriveres best efforts, ha ha ha!

Psst....thats me in the morning!!!!

How about you?

any of you?

and dog loves kitty....sometimes, despite looking pretty fearsome, even the biggest and scariest peeps can be big old teddy bears at heart:heart:

Upvote 0