• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Therapist gives me order to watch funny videos when stressed.....

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So I came across this harmless prank video which was pretty cute and made me laugh, and thought I'd share it with you....

:star:Add ur own cute, funny videos that help relieve stress&depression symptoms:star:

Lets get started.

I'll post first......

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
So I came across this harmless prank video which was pretty cute and made me laugh, and thought I'd share it with you....

:star:Add ur own cute, funny videos that help relieve stress&depression symptoms:star:

Lets get started.

I'll post first......
You have a good therapist :). God bless :).

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Laughing and smiling are indeed therapeutic, so I think this prescription is fantastic. I'll share a couple of my own videos that can't be found on YouTube.

My friend tried to ease my dog's homesickness when she was taking care of him for us by playing YouTube videos:
He loves to "sing" with the sirens.

And our other Golden reacted to fresh snow like it was doggie Christmas:

This video isn't funny, but I think it will make you smile. Over the summer I volunteered with a medical organization (link is on my status) that works in a deeply impoverished area of South Africa, and even though many of the people we met were in heartbreaking conditions, they made our hearts smile with the love they gave to us. These little boys hadn't yet learned much English, but they wanted to use the word they did know when we were leaving:

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Laughing and smiling are indeed therapeutic, so I think this prescription is fantastic. I'll share a couple of my own videos that can't be found on YouTube.

My friend tried to ease my dog's homesickness when she was taking care of him for us by playing YouTube videos:
He loves to "sing" with the sirens.

And our other Golden reacted to fresh snow like it was doggie Christmas:

This video isn't funny, but I think it will make you smile. Over the summer I volunteered with a medical organization (link is on my status) that works in a deeply impoverished area of South Africa, and even though many of the people we met were in heartbreaking conditions, they made our hearts smile with the love they gave to us. These little boys hadn't yet learned much English, but they wanted to use the word they did know when we were leaving:
really nice ones, thank you.

it would be fun to roll around in the snow with total abandon....

have you ever?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Lets get started.

I'll post first......

What a good idea. And this is something that many of us could use. Thanks for starting this thread and to those who are participating in it. God bless.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
really nice ones, thank you.

it would be fun to roll around in the snow with total abandon....

have you ever?

It was my pleasure. :)

Yes, I have rolled around in the snow with total, blissful abandon, and I highly recommend it! (Though, it's best to be wearing the proper clothing, haha). I grew up in LA so snow is a novelty to me, and I treat it as my dog does - this wonderland to play in - when I'm somewhere snowy. My grandparents live in Ohio, and asked me to put together a video of all my little Instagram posts of snow escapades. It's surreal how much snow they get in the winter.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This video of a massive group effort to return someone's fallen baseball cap while they were watching the Astros victory parade in Houston has been circulating around social media and generating a lot of smiles:
https://streamable.com/m681x

Upvote 0