Theotes - Theios - Theiotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the word deity wrong , or is the word Godhead the more correct word ? The way I look at it , is that, the word in the greek is "theios" - which means "spiritual"( Divine ) and is associated with his "power".

In the KJV it is translated "Godhead" and "Divine"

It is used in II Peter 1:3 & 4 and Acts 17:29 and thats it, there are no other usages. A better word than Godhead is "Divine", but Godhead means "over" in its usage.

The other greek word for Godhead is "theiotes" and this is its only usage. - Romans 1:20 - here it is dealing with "Divineness" and not power. Romans 1:20 states - "Power and "Divineness".
The other greek word for Godhead is "theotes" and this is its only usage. Colossians 2:9
The only greek word that possibly could be translated "Deity" is theotes" , and its only usage would be in the understanding of "fulness" or "completeness" , but this usage is not talking about God himself. The reason is that the context of the verse has added information. The word Godhead "theotes" is attached to the word "bodily". So in this case we are only dealing with the "image". Even verse 10 only gives us a description of us being "complete" in him ( IN Christ ). To take this a step further pertaining to "this" greek word "theotes". What you need to do, in order to follow this greek word to its fullest meaning would be to go to I Corinthians 11:3 - "head of every man is Christ, head of the woman is the man, and the head of Christ is God" Each one is subject unto the head. Now to full understand this greek word "theotes" , we even need to go further in our udnerstanding , because of what it says in verse 10 of Colossians 2. It is dealing with being "complete" IN him ( Christ ) is the head of "all" principality and power". By taking the knowledge of I Corinthians 11:3 and combining it with Colossians 2:10 we are still missing something , and that is the understanding of where the "Power" comes from. We would then look at I Corinth. 1:24 and II Corinth. 4:7. By the combination of these two verses we see that the greek word "theotes" only points us in the direction of that "power".
In I Corinth. 1:24 the words "Christ the power of God" is a figure of speech in that it is telling to remain " IN Christ" where the power and wisdom of God is. This power of God is not of ourselves as nor is it of Christ and the reasoning here is in II Corinth. 4:6 - "For God , who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ". The "Deity" or "theotes" only shows the way towards where the power is. "Theotes" is not "the" power , but that which shows us where the power and authority and wisdom of God is. It is "IN him ( Christ ). The woman - the body of Christ - the head of the woman is the man - Christ and the head of Christ is God, and God is all power and authority and wisdom. So "deity" - "theotes" - deals with direction towards ! Now for its full understanding read the "directions" that are given throughout the rest of the book of Colossians !

So the word "Deity" can not be used abundantly, but only sparingly in that this greek word "theotes" only "Points" us in the right direction of that power and authority. So in conclusion the word "theotes" or Deity or Godhead - "Points" or "directs" us or gives "direction".
Whereas the greek word "theios" talks about the "divine" himself !
Whereas the greek word "theiotes" talks about his "divineness" !

The greatest usage for the greek word "theos" is translated the word "God".
The usage of the this greek word "theos" covers every aspect of the power and understanding of who God is throughout the NT.

Love IN Christ - Hervey

Status
Not open for further replies.