London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't like bifurcating the two of them. Both of them are modes of enquiry about the same thing. In both cases you can proceed by way of direct experience. It can however be useful to point out that theology can be entirely divorced from reality - that is, you can simply punch out logical statements and remain inside an imaginary system.

Spirituality can also produce the same isolation and removal from reality, but through deception/confusion. People who follow occult paths suffer from this. Very spiritual, but ultimately they lose their way in deception.

• Agree
Reactions: TedT
Upvote 0

Hmm

Hey, I'm just this guy, you know
Sep 27, 2019
Shropshire
✟186,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would say that Theology is the study of Christianity and Spirituality is the broarder view that there is more than just matter in the universe, that there is a mind-like reality as well and that this reality is the more fundamental of the two, i.e. the material universe depends for its existence on the spiritual reality in some way rather than the other way around.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Theology is the systematic study of the nature of the divine and, more broadly, of religious belief.

Spirituality means different things to different people. For some, it's primarily about a belief in God and active participation in organized religion. For others, it's about non-religious experiences that help them get in touch with their spiritual selves through quiet reflection, time in nature, private prayer, yoga, or meditation.

Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spirituality can also produce the same isolation and removal from reality, but through deception/confusion. People who follow occult paths suffer from this. Very spiritual, but ultimately they lose their way in deception.
...as Romans 1 contends so vehemently over and over again~

Upvote 0