Visit site
✟400,885.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone have any good suggestions for a glossary/dictionary of theological terms? I have one from a Reformed tradition, but its explanation on Lutheran doctrines is somewhat questionable. Did CPH ever publish one?

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CPH publishes the Complete Bible Handbook. It is not exactly what you are looking for, but might help. I have it and like it:
Concordia's Complete Bible Handbook, 2nd Edition

They also publish a translation of Christian Dogmatics in three volumes, that is likely pretty helpful for what you are looking for too, but I do not have it, so cannot comment on the contents.
Christian Dogmatics, Volume 1

• Friendly
Reactions: Daniel9v9
Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟400,885.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
CPH publishes the Complete Bible Handbook. It is not exactly what you are looking for, but might help. I have it and like it:
Concordia's Complete Bible Handbook, 2nd Edition

They also publish a translation of Christian Dogmatics in three volumes, that is likely pretty helpful for what you are looking for too, but I do not have it, so cannot comment on the contents.
Christian Dogmatics, Volume 1

Thank you. I study systematics so I already have these kinds of materials - though not these works in particular - but one thing I'm missing is a decent glossary. Sometimes I come across technical terms that point to a particular doctrine or controversy I'm unfamiliar with - especially if it's something of a different church tradition. Having to google a lot :)

I was wondering if there were any good and comprehensive works similar to the LCMS encyclopedia: Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod - Christian Cyclopedia

Upvote 0