Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I recently got back into Digimon, especially the Digimon Adventure, and Data Squad series.

I was wondering if there was a thread where we could get together on CF, and buy(With our own money) the original Digimon Pet Games and have somewhere safe to post about how Good or bad we are at raising them.

I am referring to these:

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Digim...&s=gateway&sprefix=digimon+pet,aps,167&sr=8-6

Kind of old school, but after playing Digimon World: Next Order I'm looking to buy one for myself, and post about it here.

May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was actually a Pokemon Trainer and a Digimon Tamer when I was a kid, I have since matured and grown out of childish cartoons then. We all grow up. But man, it was kind of fun training my POKEMON back then.

It can be a good franchise for children, though. It was for me. But would GOD actually be pleased with all of the fighting that goes on in Pokemon and Digimon? Fighting and having matches are what they are really all about. He wants us to live lives of peace, to promote peace in the world, not war...the devil was kicked out of heaven because he caused a war...all of us would agree that war is morally wrong...so the devil sinned...

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I was actually a Pokemon Trainer and a Digimon Tamer when I was a kid, I have since matured and grown out of childish cartoons then. We all grow up. But man, it was kind of fun training my POKEMON back then.

It can be a good franchise for children, though. It was for me. But would GOD actually be pleased with all of the fighting that goes on in Pokemon and Digimon? Fighting and having matches are what they are really all about. He wants us to live lives of peace, to promote peace in the world, not war...the devil was kicked out of heaven because he caused a war...all of us would agree that war is morally wrong...so the devil sinned...
You do realize not everyone who trains Pokemon in the games or other mediums is expected to fight them with each other? We have breeders, general people raising Pokemon from childhood, or having them serve as help for various tasks (firefighting in the anime comes to mind)

Trainers are a very specific group of people in the universe proper, and have rules that would generally (apart from I want to say the manga to some extent) prohibit fights to the death, it's more sport in a vein of martial arts. And it's also made up, it's not meant to be imitated (animal fighting is pretty much universally abhorred by anyone who actually wants humane treatment of animals)

Reactions: Hazelnut
Upvote 0

Hazelnut

Feb 27, 2020
Kansas
✟9,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private