Icewater

Mar 8, 2017
San Diego
✟34,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
While I disagree with a lot of what's considered "political correctness" (i.e. SJW-ism), it needs to be said that the [establishment] right very much has their own version of political correctness, their own set of ideas that can't be questioned lest people get really, really butthurt. It's not at all something unique to the left, and this hardly ever seems to be brought up.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I roughly define "Political Correctness" as the general anti-freedom of speech/anti-male/anti-white/anti-tradition/anti-border beliefs currently dominating western society as a whole.

Shocking!

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
While I disagree with a lot of what's considered "political correctness" (i.e. SJW-ism), it needs to be said that the [establishment] right very much has their own version of political correctness, their own set of ideas that can't be questioned lest people get really, really butthurt. It's not at all something unique to the left, and this hardly ever seems to be brought up.
Absolutely. Try telling a Christian around here that Jesus/God is magic, and watch what happens. PC gone awry.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely. Try telling a Christian around here that Jesus/God is magic, and watch what happens. PC gone awry.

Around here? You face the Wrath of Mod.

(believe me, I know....)

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Think it's unfair? There are plenty of atheist/agnostic forums...

There are plenty of universities, businesses, and job opportunities as well... and yet, get fired from one for being "politically incorrect," and people raise a stink.

• Winner
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And some pots need stirring.
Why? I never understood that. Non-believers always say God is not real and we are stupid to spend our time focused on Him. And yet some non-believers (like the ones here) will constantly spend their time here. Spending an awful lot of time on something/someone who doesn't exist. Just shows they deep down worry He must exist or they wouldn't wasnt any time with us "crazy" people.

I mean if my friend insisted I met his flying purple elephant that speaks klingon, I would just ignore him because obviously hes delusional.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why? I never understood that.

You don't see the problems with complacency, then.

Non-believers always say God is not real and we are stupid to spend our time focused on Him.

Some might take such a crude approach; it is wrong of them to do so. They should be asking questions -- or better still, encouraging you to ask questions.

And yet some non-believers (like the ones here) will constantly spend their time here. Spending an awful lot of time on something/someone who doesn't exist. Just shows they deep down worry He must exist or they wouldn't wasnt any time with us "crazy" people.

"crazy" people who influence our laws, our government, and (given the opportunity) every aspect of our lives in accordance with their "crazy" beliefs.

Even if God doesn't exist; His followers are all too real.

I mean if my friend insisted I met his flying purple elephant that speaks klingon, I would just ignore him because obviously hes delusional.

And when your friend gets elected Mayor? Senator? President? Will he let you ignore him then?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's kind of funny to see the people crying about "special snowflakes and their political correctness blocking my freedom of speech" in one thread, demanding the silencing of certain people and opinions in other threads, without the merest hint of irony or self awareness.

Reactions: Icewater
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't see the problems with complacency, then.
Nope. If someone is happy with their life then I don't care. Its their life. I'm happy being a christian, but it seems maybe you may not be happy I'm a christian. Or as some atheists tend to say "Your just a robot!". Sure thats fine, let me be a robot.

Some might take such a crude approach; it is wrong of them to do so. They should be asking questions -- or better still, encouraging you to ask questions.
So then it would be ok if we asked you questions and your family, kids...etc to because we felt what you believe is wrong?

"crazy" people who influence our laws, our government, and (given the opportunity) every aspect of our lives in accordance with their "crazy" beliefs.
Technically we could reverse that comment back to non-believers too. They want america to be about freedom, but they don't want anyone whos "religious" to be involved in how america is run or works. So they really want freedom only for the nonreligious. After all in the last decade or so they have pretty much pushed every agenda until it has changed the country.

And when your friend gets elected Mayor? Senator? President? Will he let you ignore him then?
Trick question so I won't answer it.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nope. If someone is happy with their life then I don't care. Its their life. I'm happy being a christian, but it seems maybe you may not be happy I'm a christian. Or as some atheists tend to say "Your just a robot!". Sure thats fine, let me be a robot.

So then it would be ok if we asked you questions and your family, kids...etc to because we felt what you believe is wrong?

Technically we could reverse that comment back to non-believers too. They want america to be about freedom, but they don't want anyone whos "religious" to be involved in how america is run or works. So they really want freedom only for the nonreligious. After all in the last decade or so they have pretty much pushed every agenda until it has changed the country.

Trick question so I won't answer it.
A question that demonstrates the flaw in one's position isn't necessarily a "trick". Just because one doesn't like the answer to a question doesn't mean one may just dismiss it.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A question that demonstrates the flaw in one's position isn't necessarily a "trick". Just because one doesn't like the answer to a question doesn't mean one may just dismiss it.
Actually, I can do whatever I please. With that said if I had to answer it would be that if the friend got in such a position I wouldn't care. If he was truly crazy, he wouldn't have the position long. Though logically a man with such mental issues wouldn't be elected in the first place. Insert Trump joke here, granted Trump isn't crazy, just not very intelligent.

Also technically speaking if they want me to answer the question how they would like then technically speaking I can ask them "Why are you an atheist? You claim God is not real yet you have no proof. So they would not like that answer.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I can do whatever I please. With that said if I had to answer it would be that if the friend got in such a position I wouldn't care. If he was truly crazy, he wouldn't have the position long. Though logically a man with such mental issues wouldn't be elected in the first place. Insert Trump joke here, granted Trump isn't crazy, just not very intelligent.

Also technically speaking if they want me to answer the question how they would like then technically speaking I can ask them "Why are you an atheist? You claim God is not real yet you have no proof. So they would not like that answer.
Do you hwave proof Vishnu isn't real?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you hwave proof Vishnu isn't real?
Another trick question so you can say "Then you can't prove God is real either!". Online games are boring after nearly 40 years on earth. Though as a catholic are you saying vishnu is real? What if I asked do you have proof God is real?

In the end we have proof God is real. No one else has proof their god is real. That said anymore silly questions won't get answers since we are off topic now.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Another trick question so you can say "Then you can't prove God is real either!". Online games are boring after nearly 40 years on earth. Though as a catholic are you saying vishnu is real? What if I asked do you have proof God is real?

In the end we have proof God is real. No one else has proof their god is real. That said anymore silly questions won't get answers since we are off topic now.
Again, questions that produce answers you don't like aren't a "trick".

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, questions that produce answers you don't like aren't a "trick".
I notice you didn't answer my questions either. As per your comment, maybe not a trick per say, but they are logical fallacies and internet talk used to reroute and change the topic.

You still didn't answer my questions though. Are you actually a christian? Since you asked if I have proof that that other god isn't real. Just curious. Because as a christian you should be on my side.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I notice you didn't answer my questions either. As per your comment, maybe not a trick per say, but they are logical fallacies and internet talk used to reroute and change the topic.

You still didn't answer my questions though. Are yo u actually a christian? Since you asked if I have proof that that other god isn't real. Just curious. Because as a christian you should be on my side.
It's not a logical fallacy to ask questions you don't like the answer to. No, I have no proof that Vishnu isn't real, but then, I wasn't the one claiming that not having proof was an argument for something, either.

I'm a Christian. That doesn't mean I'll automatically take your "side" in a falacious argument just because I agree withthe conclusion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.