Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel it all the time, Anna! Sometimes it makes me sad. Sometimes it makes me grieve. Sometimes it makes me angry. Sometimes I can just accept it—no one really understand what they are doing, anyway. Sometimes I praise God for revealing himself through it in spite of all our efforts for him not to.

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. (2 Peter 3:3, 1984 NIV) Jude said almost the same thing in Jude 1:18.

It is an attitude that comes from the consequences of sin. People are trying to find an inner comfort they lack due to their separation from God. Making fun of things is sometimes a way to express one's anger or hatred or even just discomfort, even though the thing they are mocking is not really the source of their anger or hatred. (It was already inside them.) Sometimes it is a habit that was formed as a way of expressing the feeling they get when they see or hear something they do not understand (a defense mechanism to prevent the pain of not feeling accepted [in the group of people who "get it"]). They are both rooted in a lack of loving oneself—or if it is easier to understand—a lack of accepting themselves as they are.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course. All humans keep thinking about something until they can make their logic satisfy the feelings they already have.

For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. (Matthew 15:19, 1984 NIV)

In context, Jesus was explaining what does and doesn't make a person unclean. However, he is explaining the mechanism, so it would apply to all thoughts.

Upvote 0