Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I made this into a spinoff thread because it's original content and getting off-topic.
You mean it is a cliche or hackneyed for someone who is doing well in their life to say that to you and not offer the assistance that you need. That is also contrary to faith itself and the Bible talks against that in James 2:16-18. The other end of it, is what can people do to really help a non-monetary situation like that? As a Christian you can't do anything unless you are married and you want it to be with the right woman so it doesn't become another bad chapter in your life.
This is talking about the cliche Christianized response to others with crisis in general, when maybe they can't do anything to help, but God is all-powerful and can do anything, but there are times where he seems to be ignoring or unwilling to form a solution according to human understanding. He sounds like a "wait until the time you can finally see me" God. For God being the most perfect and truly thinking about his pals, if it was to Superman he would be glad to act according to logic without delay or at least negotiate the terms and reasoning with his humans.

About Heaven, if nothing about what is up there matters anymore because we are with God, what purpose and use does it have? (Just as a useful tool to bring about something else doesn't count. God could have also used or created something awesome and great, and dictated that it should last for eternity of his plan). I know humans need to have certain rules, but we at least have some limited negotiation process with the authority, and to be satisfied. A child's parents allow their child to have greater freedom with age. So what if it is part of a different "nature"? If we are to look forward to something so radically off from what we all know think today, then sorry but that Heaven doesn't impress me.

I'd like to use an analogy. An older kid or adult might have different reasoning than a small child might. A small child might ask the adult father to play animal with him, the the older dad does play animal with him even though his reasoning on topics like finances, family, are more important in his life than in his kid's. Could God not be the same way?

• Prayers
Reactions: Juan777