Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
At Pentecost the 12 began speaking different languages.

Studies have shown a woman’s brain can learn different languages,
4 times faster than a man of the same age.

If you want to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ,
why would you ban women priests?

There is no sense in banning women priests, period. It's just plain sexist nonsense. A better question is "why shouldn't women be priests?"

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,088.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
At Pentecost the 12 began speaking different languages.

Studies have shown a woman’s brain can learn different languages,
4 times faster than a man of the same age.

If you want to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ,
why would you ban women priests?
I agree, women talk too much ^_^

Upvote 0

Hmm

Hey, I'm just this guy, you know
Sep 27, 2019
Shropshire
✟186,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I still find it strange that the BBC has only made
one TV show about a woman priest.

Does anyone know why

You mean The Vicar of Dibley right? Gleaning my facts from Wikipedia, it looks like it's because it was topical at the time.

For those who haven't heard of it, it's a sitcom set in the fictional Oxfordshire village of Dibley, which is assigned a female vicar following the 1992 changes in the Church of England that permitted the women's ordination. It was first run in 1994 so would have been reasonably cutting edge then. Of course, it's no longer a controversial subject at all now.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You mean The Vicar of Dibley right? Gleaning my facts from Wikipedia, it looks like it's because it was topical at the time.

For those who haven't heard of it, it's a sitcom set in the fictional Oxfordshire village of Dibley, which is assigned a female vicar following the 1992 changes in the Church of England that permitted the women's ordination. It was first run in 1994 so would have been reasonably cutting edge then. Of course, it's no longer a controversial subject at all now.

But it's still an issue to some on Christian Forums, unfortunately.

• Informative
Reactions: Hmm
Upvote 0

Hmm

Sep 27, 2019
Shropshire
✟186,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's odd isn't it because Sydney is a large cosmopolitan city. It's also very unfair of course. I'm sure it will change as people get to know and trust female priests but things happen so slowly in church, probably because the church wants to carry everyone with them and so they often fudge and settle on compromise solutions.

I have a female priest in my Church of England church and we also had a female curate who was ordained as a priest a couple of weeks ago. We had a church zoom meeting earlier in the week and so we had female priests in stereo! I really do find that females and males complement each other in ministry and I feel I would be missing a lot if female priests were ever abolished. Not that they ever would be!

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,383.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sydney's large and cosmopolitan, yes, but in Anglican terms it's at the evangelical-conservative extreme. I don't see any hope for change there any time soon.

The Presbyterians here did kind of abolish their female ministers. Or at least, stopped ordaining women after a time of doing so. I understand the women they ordained have remained, but they are not ordaining any more. I don't know if that will change any time soon, either.

Upvote 0

Hmm

Sep 27, 2019
Shropshire
✟186,379.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can't imagine how that must make women feel. I think I would feel persecuted by the church itself if I was prevented from pursuing a vocation God was calling me to. I hope it's encouraging to know that many people want female ordination because
they believe God wants them as well as having great personal experience from having or encountering female priests. I do admire your courage.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,383.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I can't imagine how that must make women feel. I think I would feel persecuted by the church itself if I was prevented from pursuing a vocation God was calling me to. I hope it's encouraging to know that many people want female ordination because
they believe God wants them as well as having great personal experience from having or encountering female priests. I do admire your courage.

Persecuted might be too strong a word, but I definitely have my issues with the way churches and some Christians deal with all of this.
It is encouraging, though, thank you. :)

Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟94,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Here in the United States the channel PBS plays many British TV shows. Downton Abbey, Father Brown, and Poldark to name a few.

I grew up watching the Vicar of Dibley on PBS.
I hope the BBC makes more TV shows with women priests,
so PBS can play them on American TV.

Reactions: Hmm
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The world needs women priests
to help women in poor countries get an education and jobs.

Jesus ordained two priests.
John the Baptist and Mary of Bethany.

Does the world need women priests?

I haven't read the entire thread, but I'm confused. Why are we singling out "priests" to help women in poor countries? How many male priests do this? Isn't this why we have missionaries? Is there something stopping women from becoming missionaries or nuns to do this exact work?

Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟94,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I haven't read the entire thread, but I'm confused. Why are we singling out "priests" to help women in poor countries? How many male priests do this? Isn't this why we have missionaries? Is there something stopping women from becoming missionaries or nuns to do this exact work?
When you ban women priests,
you are also banning women bishops and women cardinals.

Priests, bishops, and cardinals have much more
money and power to help more people.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When you ban women priests,
you are also banning women bishops and women cardinals.

Priests, bishops, and cardinals have much more
money and power to help more people.
So, the current male priests, bishops, and cardinals aren't willing to help?

Upvote 0