The world is still laughing at Donald.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Recording Reveals Oil Industry Execs Laughing at Trump Access

Dan Naatz, the association’s political director, told the conference room audience of about 100 executives that [their former lawyer David] Bernhardt’s new role meant their priorities would be heard at the highest levels of Interior.

“We know him very well, and we have direct access to him, have conversations with him about issues ranging from federal land access to endangered species, to a lot of issues,” Naatz said, according to an hourlong recording of the June 2017 event in Laguna Niguel provided to Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting.

#filltheswamp

Thoughts?

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Even Ann Coulter has described Donald's presidency as a joke. It's not a surprised that the rest of the world is laughing at him. He provides more material for them to laugh at than any comedian. He's raging temper tantrums over the trivial things that put a boo boo on his ego while the country is dealing with horrible floods, his inability to spell the most basic of words, just the nonsense he is perpetually writing / saying. It's no wonder at all. It's easy as heck to manipulate Donald into getting him to do what you want him to, just by flattering him. It's no wonder the oil executives laughed. We know what Rex Tillerson called Donald.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thoughts?

Remove the title and there is not one mention nor reference of them laughing at the President.

I guess context doesn’t matter when it is a chance to make the president look bad.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Thoughts?

Remove the title and there is not one mention nor reference of them laughing at the President.

I guess context doesn’t matter when it is a chance to make the president look bad.

Donald has made himself look bad in a multitude of contexts. The oil executives got a kick out of how simple it is toy with Donald & the ineptitude & ignorance of his picks. Though the corruption isn't a laughing matter.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Donald has made himself look bad in a multitude of contexts. The oil executives got a kick out of how simple it is toy with Donald & the ineptitude & ignorance of his picks. Though the corruption isn't a laughing matter.

But once again, the article says nothing about anyone laughing at the President.

Just like another that blamed the Presidents shutdown for Air crashes before the cause of the crash was found.

I couldn’t get away with stuff this weak.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
But once again, the article says nothing about anyone laughing at the President.

Just like another that blamed the Presidents shutdown for Air crashes before the cause of the crash was found.

I couldn’t get away with stuff this weak.

Do you need to see a lol or haha or emoji to denote laughter? It's implicit from the article, in the part the OP quoted. "Laughing at" is an expression to convey ridicule & scorn.

The article also talks about how audience members literally laughed out loud at the exceptional ignorance of Donald's picks.

The article isn't weak at all, but perhaps some readers may have a weak grasp of understanding of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The article also talks about how audience members literally laughed out loud at the exceptional ignorance of Donald's picks.

No it doesn’t

Quote:

Scott Pruitt, he came from Oklahoma, and we have a lot of friends in common and I thought that’s what we were going to talk about, we did that for about three minutes,” Russell said. “And then he started asking very technical questions about methane, about ozone … and if Scott Pruitt thought he was going to go deep nerd

The audience began laughing.

“And what was really great is there was about four or five EPA staffers there, who were all like, ‘Write that down, write that down,’ all the way through this,’’ Russell continued. “And when we left, I said that was just our overview.”

The audience laughed again.

“So it’s really a new world for us and very, very helpful.END QUOTE

You really have to read a whole lot into that to come to the conclusion that they represent the world and that the world is laughing at the President.

Weak, very very weak.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
No it doesn’t

Quote:

Scott Pruitt, he came from Oklahoma, and we have a lot of friends in common and I thought that’s what we were going to talk about, we did that for about three minutes,” Russell said. “And then he started asking very technical questions about methane, about ozone … and if Scott Pruitt thought he was going to go deep nerd

The audience began laughing.

“And what was really great is there was about four or five EPA staffers there, who were all like, ‘Write that down, write that down,’ all the way through this,’’ Russell continued. “And when we left, I said that was just our overview.”

The audience laughed again.

“So it’s really a new world for us and very, very helpful.

You really have to read a whole lot into that to come to the conclusion that they represent the world and that the world is laughing at the President.

Weak, very very weak.

You really don't have to read anything into it all to fully comprehend the conclusion that the world is laughing at Donald for his stunningly inept hires. Thank you for making the effort to showcase that portion of the article for us.

Again, the article is not what is weak. Again, there's a difference between implicit & explicit and lol'ing and lulz.

Maybe this will help you:
laugh | laf | verb[no object] make the spontaneous sounds and movements of the face and body that are the instinctive expressions of lively amusement and sometimes also of contempt or derision: she couldn't help laughing at his jokes | he laughed out loud | [with direct speech] : she laughed, “Not a chance.”. • (laugh at) ridicule; scorn.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You really don't have to read anything into it all to fully comprehend the conclusion that the world is laughing at Donald for his stunningly inept hires. Thank you for making the effort to showcase that portion of the article for us.

Again, the article is not what is weak. Again, there's a difference between implicit & explicit and lol'ing and lulz.

Maybe this will help you:
laugh | laf | verb[no object] make the spontaneous sounds and movements of the face and body that are the instinctive expressions of lively amusement and sometimes also of contempt or derision: she couldn't help laughing at his jokes | he laughed out loud | [with direct speech] : she laughed, “Not a chance.”. • (laugh at) ridicule; scorn.

Last I looked. US oilmen don’t come close to representing the world. Secondly, I’m the quote they were not even addressing the President.

That view doesn’t even rise to a straw to grasp.

• Agree
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Last I looked. US oilmen don’t come close to representing the world. Secondly, I’m the quote they were not even addressing the President.

That view doesn’t even rise to a straw to grasp.

Last I looked, US oilmen had a profound impact on the world. Last I looked, figure of speeches were used commonly. It's implicitly stating that they agreed with Rex Tillerson's assessment of Donald as being a.... blankety blank.

Yes, I realize that in the quote you used they weren't directly laughing at Donald, they were laughing at Donald's pick. Which is why I described that as such.

Now that you've thoroughly belabored the word choices of the title, would you like to discuss the actual content of the article?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Last I looked. US oilmen don’t come close to representing the world.

Well, the UN does, and they already laughed at him.

I thought it prudent to title this thread as a sequel to that one.

Secondly, I’m the quote they were not even addressing the President.

Just his laughable choice to put a lobbyist in the #2 spot in the Dept. of Interior.

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Thoughts? Oh, probably that now the Trump-Russia collusion that never was has fallen flat, there has to be something to keep the fans agitated. ;)

Is this going to be the narrative for everything Don related for the next two years? "This must be because Trump was exonerated and proven that there was no collusion".

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not entirely sure I get the part where they are laughing, I thought this was insightful:

“If you are talking about Michael Flynn and Russia, you are going to lose. And so it’s really important to carry that narrative on energy, on infrastructure, on all these issues.”
Trump and the Republicans have a chance to craft a positive message, something they need in the worst possible way. Trump wisely refrained from tweeting about the Mueller report, at least until it is actually released. What I'm getting from the article is they are happy that regulations are getting rolled back and there is ample opportunity for improvement, but Trump needs to lay off the inane tweets. I knew we wouldn't see Trump's best work early but he can't wait till his second term to show it, or he won't have one.

Upvote 0

NIChristian

Mar 24, 2019
Londonderry
✟16,013.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I honestly don’t think the rest of the world cares as much as America thinks it does. We have our own issues and problems in each nations, and they tend to keep our focus, plus it just seems to be the same old thing targeted at every president.

Obama: Republicans say he was the worst president ever. World laughing at his negotiating ineptitude.

Bush: Democrats say he was the worst president ever, World is apparently laughing at his slip ups.

Clinton: Republicans say he is worst president ever, World is laughing at his behaviour.
Etc.

Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I honestly don’t think the rest of the world cares as much as America thinks it does.
That is probably true. However, it is also evident that people in other countries care about whatever goes on in America much more than Americans care about the political, social, religious, or cultural doings in their counties. Just scan the posts on Christian Forums if an example of this phenomenon is wanted.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0