The Works Based Salvation

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you a secret Pharisee like Paul? What are you not telling us? Do you think the truth of God has increased through your lie to His glory?

Romans 3:7
For if the truth of God has increased THROUGH MY LIE to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?
You have previously had the correct context of the verse given to you.
It was explained to you, you need to read the whole section to understand.
I'm not going to write it all out again here.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who has been crushed by the demands of Jesus? Are you crushed and decided to fight Jesus' words? I am sorry Jesus' words have damaged you. Did they damage your personal desires to break the law whenever you can?
Lets recap a few of your beliefs:

Paul preached a false message

If you don't perfectly obey the law placed on your heart a question mark should be raised as to whether the law is on your heart.

The christian is under a law of righteousness.

When repeatedly asked why Jesus died on the cross you remain silent, giving no response.

You refuse to accept Christs words concerning the NC in regard to guilt of sin being not believing in Jesus.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul did not as a christian portray the phariseeucal nature of:

Obey the letter to attain heaven

He was a christian first and foremost

In regard to his belief the dead would be raised, this would be in line with the beliefs of the pharisees, and he was raised a pharisee

Paul didn't say 'I was born a Pharisee'. He said, 'I AM A PHARISEE'! Perhaps English isn't your first language. I have no idea why that's so difficult to understand.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have previously had the correct context of the verse given to you.
It was explained to you, you need to read the whole section to understand.
I'm not going to write it all out again here.

So, lying is okay with you? Please don't write it again; Paul could be a murderer, and you would still follow him.

Stuart, believe what you desire. I'm not condemning you for what you believe. If Paul is your teacher, please follow his every word.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lets recap a few of your beliefs:

Paul preached a false message

If you don't perfectly obey the law placed on your heart a question mark should be raised as to whether the law is on your heart.

The christian is under a law of righteousness.

When repeatedly asked why Jesus died on the cross you remain silent, giving no response.

You refuse to accept Christs words concerning the NC in regard to guilt of sin being not believing in Jesus.

How about that? And because of these things, you don't think I'm a Christian. I'm sure there's a place for judgmental Christians in heaven. Maybe you will have a seat at Jesus' throne helping Him, and who knows, He might ask you about someone, and base His judgment on your wisdom.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How about that? And because of these things, you don't think I'm a Christian. I'm sure there's a place for judgmental Christians in heaven. Maybe you will have a seat at Jesus' throne helping Him, and who knows, He might ask you about someone, and base His judgment on your wisdom.
Oh I've never believed it Is within my remit to judge who isn't a christian, despite the weird and wonderful things you often read on the internet of those who say they are christians.
I leave such judgements to others.
And I'm far from perfect anyways

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, lying is okay with you? Please don't write it again; Paul could be a murderer, and you would still follow him.

Stuart, believe what you desire. I'm not condemning you for what you believe. If Paul is your teacher, please follow his every word.
As for your comments about Paul.

The Jerusalem church, which would have included Christs disciples( peter James and john among them) and Luke all warmly endorsed Paul's apostleship and message, and encouraged him in his work.
Therefore, you must believe you know more spiritual truth Than the writers of nearly all the books of the NT( if not all) by claiming Paul preached a false message.
But this is the internet, so I guess your views, and belief in how much superior your knowledge is should not surprise me,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As for your comments about Paul.

The Jerusalem church, which would have included Christs disciples( peter James and john among them) and Luke all warmly endorsed Paul's apostleship and message, and encouraged him in his work.
Therefore, you must believe you know more spiritual truth Than the writers of nearly all the books of the NT( if not all) by claiming Paul preached a false message.
But this is the internet, so I guess your views, and belief in how much superior your knowledge is should not surprise me,

Stuart, of whom are these passages speaking?

Isaiah 49
1 “Listen, O coastlands, to Me, and take heed, you peoples from afar! The Lord has called Me from the womb;
from the matrix of My mother He has made mention of My name.
2 And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me, and made Me a polished shaft; in His quiver He has hidden Me.”
3 “And He said to me, ‘You are My servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.’
4 Then I said, ‘I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and in vain; yet surely my just reward is with the Lord, and my work with my God.’”
5 “And now the Lord says, Who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant, to bring Jacob back to Him, so that Israel is gathered to Him (For I shall be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and My God shall be My strength),
6 Indeed He says, ‘It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles, that You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.’”

This is speaking of Jesus. Did you know Paul claimed to be this person? Did you know Paul claimed that he is God's salvation to the ends of the earth?

Acts 13
46 Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.
47 For so the Lord has commanded us: ‘I have set you as a light to the Gentiles, that you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.’

Who is the true Light to the Gentiles?

Isaiah 42
6 “I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness, and will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, as a light to the Gentiles,
7 To open blind eyes, to bring out prisoners from the prison, those who sit in darkness from the prison house.

Luke 2
27 So he came by the Spirit into the temple. And when the parents brought in the Child Jesus, to do for Him according to the custom of the law,
28 he took Him up in his arms and blessed God and said:
29 “Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace, according to Your word;
30 For my eyes have seen Your salvation
31 Which You have prepared before the face of all peoples,
32 A light to bring revelation to the Gentiles, and the glory of Your people Israel.”

Jesus is the true Light to the Gentiles, not Paul. Paul pronounced upon himself the title given to very Savior Himself.

I ask who should be for salvation to the ends of the earth?

Psalm 65:5
By awesome deeds in righteousness You will answer us, O God of our salvation, You who are the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of the far-off seas;

Psalm 98:3
He has remembered His mercy and His faithfulness to the house of Israel; all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.

Isaiah 49:6
Indeed He says, ‘It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant To raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles, that You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.’”

Isaiah 52:10
The Lord has made bare His holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

When Paul quoted Isaiah 49:6, and attributed it to himself, it not only was a lie, but arrogance and pride. Thus, Paul could claim, 'my gospel' to the Gentiles.

If you want to make excuses for Paul, and justify his own words, you are more than welcome, my friend. But remember, you have been shown what came from his mouth.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stuart, of whom are these passages speaking?

Isaiah 49
1 “Listen, O coastlands, to Me, and take heed, you peoples from afar! The Lord has called Me from the womb;
from the matrix of My mother He has made mention of My name.
2 And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me, and made Me a polished shaft; in His quiver He has hidden Me.”
3 “And He said to me, ‘You are My servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.’
4 Then I said, ‘I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and in vain; yet surely my just reward is with the Lord, and my work with my God.’”
5 “And now the Lord says, Who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant, to bring Jacob back to Him, so that Israel is gathered to Him (For I shall be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and My God shall be My strength),
6 Indeed He says, ‘It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles, that You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.’”

This is speaking of Jesus. Did you know Paul claimed to be this person? Did you know Paul claimed that he is God's salvation to the ends of the earth?

Acts 13
46 Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.
47 For so the Lord has commanded us: ‘I have set you as a light to the Gentiles, that you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.’

Who is the true Light to the Gentiles?

Isaiah 42
6 “I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness, and will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, as a light to the Gentiles,
7 To open blind eyes, to bring out prisoners from the prison, those who sit in darkness from the prison house.

Luke 2
27 So he came by the Spirit into the temple. And when the parents brought in the Child Jesus, to do for Him according to the custom of the law,
28 he took Him up in his arms and blessed God and said:
29 “Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace, according to Your word;
30 For my eyes have seen Your salvation
31 Which You have prepared before the face of all peoples,
32 A light to bring revelation to the Gentiles, and the glory of Your people Israel.”

Jesus is the true Light to the Gentiles, not Paul. Paul pronounced upon himself the title given to very Savior Himself.

I ask who should be for salvation to the ends of the earth?

Psalm 65:5
By awesome deeds in righteousness You will answer us, O God of our salvation, You who are the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of the far-off seas;

Psalm 98:3
He has remembered His mercy and His faithfulness to the house of Israel; all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.

Isaiah 49:6
Indeed He says, ‘It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant To raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles, that You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.’”

Isaiah 52:10
The Lord has made bare His holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

When Paul quoted Isaiah 49:6, and attributed it to himself, it not only was a lie, but arrogance and pride. Thus, Paul could claim, 'my gospel' to the Gentiles.

If you want to make excuses for Paul, and justify his own words, you are more than welcome, my friend. But remember, you have been shown what came from his mouth.
What can I say?
You've left me speechless!

Question

Do you go to a church?

Or, do you believe you were simply anointed with great understanding, and told to come on the internet and enlighten others with the knowledge you have been given?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess if emsw is correct we must remove the NT from the bible for it was written by people who were duped by Paul.
Clearly we could not then trust what they wrote.
Then we would be left with a covenant of a law unto righteousness, and emsw knows no other covenant

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What can I say?
You've left me speechless!

Question

Do you go to a church?

Or, do you believe you were simply anointed with great understanding, and told to come on the internet and enlighten others with the knowledge you have been given?

It's not about me stuart. The true Light to the Gentiles will enlighten you to what you need to know. Listen to Him!

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess if emsw is correct we must remove the NT from the bible for it was written by people who were duped by Paul.
Clearly we could not then trust what they wrote.
Then we would be left with a covenant of a law unto righteousness, and emsw knows no other covenant

If the Bible had 777 books, would more people get saved?

God's covenant is eternal! Do you want passages for that, or do you think you can find them yourself?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the Bible had 777 books, would more people get saved?

God's covenant is eternal! Do you want passages for that, or do you think you can find them yourself?
Th time is coming when i will make a NEW( new) covenant........
Jeremiahch31

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Th time is coming when i will make a NEW( new) covenant........
Jeremiahch31

When God gives man a new heart, does he now look like a cow? Does he lose his fingers and toes?

No, he is a man as before. What has changed, or become new is a clean heart. Just as Ezekiel says, cast away all your transgressions and make yourself a new heart and a new spirit.

The new covenant is the same covenant, but now spiritually understood. All the law and prophets hang on the two great commandments. Love fulfills the law now.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When God gives man a new heart, does he now look like a cow? Does he lose his fingers and toes?

No, he is a man as before. What has changed, or become new is a clean heart. Just as Ezekiel says, cast away all your transgressions and make yourself a new heart and a new spirit.

The new covenant is the same covenant, but now spiritually understood. All the law and prophets hang on the two great commandments. Love fulfills the law now.
This is the covenant I will make with them AFTER THAT TIME SAYS THE LORD

I will write my laws in their minds and place them on their hearts
Then he adds.
Their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more

Jeremiah ch31, heb chs8&10

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is the covenant I will make with them AFTER THAT TIME SAYS THE LORD

I will write my laws in their minds and place them on their hearts
Then he adds.
Their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more

Jeremiah ch31, heb chs8&10

How does this relate to Paul saying he is the light to Gentiles, and that he should be for salvation to the ends of the earth?

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
<staff edit> This you tube video describes part of what I believe. Please watch and see why I believe in Jesus and the law. If you disagree, that is fine. This video is pretty clear about Jesus as the Messiah and His message to the Gentiles, thus being the Light to the Gentiles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0