Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Is this a preamble of sorts that defines that the Lord God has spoken through his prophets?

I'd like us to do a study on 'the Word of the L-Rd' or דְבַר-יְהוָה

'Dabar YHVH'

In looking into this I found that the one Female Prophet mentioned in the Tenakh is Deborah.

'Word' in Hebrew is spelled Dalet, Bet, Resh דְבַר

These same letters are used to spell Deborah --Dalet, Bet, Resh and Heh דבורה or דברה

That would be for Debrah The added 'Heh'

For Deborah there is also a 'vav' added between the Bet and Resh

As we know the 'vav' and the 'Heh' are two of the three letters in YHVH

In the book of Judges we do not see Deborah speak with a 'thus saith the L-RD' or that the 'Word of the L-RD' came unto her, but just like the hidden things with Esther we see that within her name Deborah we see the word of the L-RD.

The 'Word of the L-RD' is written of by the prophets:Jeremiah, Samuel, Hoshea, Zachariah, Ezekiel, Zephaniah, Malachi, Micah.

We know that the Word of the L-RD became flesh, so shouldn't anything 'new' be given proceeded by something similar?

Deuteronomy 18 says
You may ask in your heart, “How can we recognize a message that the LORD has not spoken?” 22 When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD and the message does not come to pass or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.​

But what if what he speaks is way in the future? what are the other ways to tell if it is from the L-RD or not?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But what if what he speaks is way in the future? what are the other ways to tell if it is from the L-RD or not?
Many noted men (and women) of God have come up with sets of filters to determine the validity of any prophecy or vision.

41mSwznZapL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ask God to confirm or expose the truth regarding the prophecy.
don't you think we should use the rule Yeshua did? By two or three witnesses every matter should be settled? And what about the three agreeing, the Father with the Son and the Holy spirit?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,541.44
Faith
Messianic
don't you think we should use the rule Yeshua did? By two or three witnesses every matter should be settled? And what about the three agreeing, the Father with the Son and the Holy spirit?
I agree, but for cases where you are in a particular situation that has time factor, and the decision has to be immediately made, prayer will have to be the answer, which God is one of your witnesses and the Holy Spirit is the convictor.

Upvote 0