Chester
✟18,685.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
1. Rainbows, we have had some really fantastic ones just lately.

2. Sunsets, but sadly we don't see so many here due to the street lights. At our previous property, in a very rural area where there were none, we had some magnificent sunsets. I have taken photos of them, which I have often used as avatars.

3. Mountain views. The snow covered mountains we can see from our home are FANTASTIC. My husband and I climbed Mt Snowdon in north Wales by the easy route on our honeymoon 50 years ago.

4. Birds. We have quite a selection here like birds of prey, woodpeckers , robins, sparrows, starlings, magpies, pigeons, blackbirds etc.

5. I like trees and have planted quite a number in our garden. I remember when I was a primary school (4-11) I was selected to plant a special fir tree in an area designated as a wood. It was still there when I last back to my home island in 2013.

Which natural wonders do other posters enjoy?

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You paint a beautiful picture!

I love rainbows because not only are they beautiful but they remind me of God. That He is always here and that He keeps His promises.

The smell of rain I love and how fresh everything smells afterwards.

I love the sound of running water.

The star filled sky at night.

Sunsets are beautiful and there is also times in the day when you look at the sky and there are clouds but there is light tinged all around (maybe the sun at the back I think???) I love that because for some reason it just reminds me of the magnificence of God.

I love green:, green grass, trees, ferns, forests,shrubs, pine trees( oh the smell!) Here in Australia it dries off quickly, so I love Winter especially.

Birds, parrots large and small, fairy wrens, galahs and cockatoos (they are very noisy though) firetail finches, magpies warbling.

Actually I just like nature I think!

I sound a bit unAustralian because I don't like the heat, and when I hear cicadas yuck, they remind me of hot Summers.:(

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

2. Sunsets, but sadly we don't see so many here due to the street lights. At our previous property, in a very rural area where there were none, we had some magnificent sunsets. I have taken photos of them, which I have often used as avatars.

3. Mountain views. The snow covered mountains we can see from our home are FANTASTIC. My husband and I climbed Mt Snowdon in north Wales by the easy route on our honeymoon 50 years ago.

4. Birds. We have quite a selection here like birds of prey, woodpeckers , robins, sparrows, starlings, magpies, pigeons, blackbirds etc.

5. I like trees and have planted quite a number in our garden. I remember when I was a primary school (4-11) I was selected to plant a special fir tree in an area designated as a wood. It was still there when I last back to my home island in 2013.

The amazing wonders of the galaxy and the cosmos, which are even more wondrous and mind blowing than people get even from watching some of the great modern videos on the cosmos from NOVA and National Geographic. My background college degree is in engineering physics, and I've read I recently estimated on the order of about 10,000 articles on astrophysics/astronomy/cosmology. Yet, even with that I'm still often just amazed. Being able to appreciate what I'm reading in more depth only adds to this. The supreme elegance of physics, of God's design of nature.

Sunsets are an old favorite too. :)

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

What do you make of it then?

All of these things were happening before you or I were born,

if we are here to experience them,
even if but a short period, then total darkness.

What,s it all about Alfie?

Make the most of it,
as you say, when you die......you are dead.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Quackduck

Nov 5, 2019
Chester
✟18,685.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
What do you make of it then?

All of these things were happening before you or I were born,

if we are here to experience them,
even if but a short period, then total darkness.

What,s it all about Alfie?

Make the most of it,
as you say, when you die......you are dead.

We are animals, just like any other species, just a little more advanced, when we die like them we stay dead, there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: St Sebastian
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are animals, just like any other species, just a little more advanced, when we die like them we stay dead, there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Then why not grab everything you can for yourself and give no thought to the needs of others? This is what animals do is it not? And why should an animal not do that?

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Little more advanced?

Yeah, I have never heard of lions holding a conference, and on the agenda

"we have to abstain from eating antilope for a year, due to todays shortage of antilope"

But it is so as you say, we are born with an animal soul, difference is, we are supposed to elevate it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I'm going to second your particular appreciation after having bicycle toured through Shropshire and the Cotswolds.

As for here: my favorite natural feature is endless deep red rock desert canyons and side-canyons where you can explore and camp and enjoy the solitude and the peculiar sound of the canyon wren.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I like thunderstorms..

I prefer rainy/cloudy days over sunny ones..

I prefer the night over the day..

Maybe these nature preferences don't speak well for my character, lol...

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I am now an agnostic and don't believe any god was involved with the creation of the planet and the wonders of nature.
Without Excuse | Growing Christians Ministries
Growing Christians Ministries
According to the Bible, God has given mankind sufficient evidence of Himself so that no blind leap of faith is necessary. In fact, Romans 1:20 states that the evidence for the existence of God is so overwhelming and clear that an individual has no excuse for not believing in God. And Romans 1:20 is not just talking about people who have been exposed to the Bible or Christianity!

• Winner
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Quackduck

Nov 5, 2019
Chester
✟18,685.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Without Excuse | Growing Christians Ministries
Growing Christians Ministries
According to the Bible, God has given mankind sufficient evidence of Himself so that no blind leap of faith is necessary. In fact, Romans 1:20 states that the evidence for the existence of God is so overwhelming and clear that an individual has no excuse for not believing in God. And Romans 1:20 is not just talking about people who have been exposed to the Bible or Christianity!

I disagree, the documents, which make up that book are a human creation and no evidence that any god exists, imo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am now an agnostic and don't believe any god was involved with the creation of the planet and the wonders of nature.

God believes in you (unbelievers are often mentioned in his word).

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i love autumn.....i mean the leaves...it's like they're dancing and celebrating in their finest of colors..

iu

Upvote 0