KM Richards

Jan 30, 2010
I'm right here!
✟1,233.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
It's been brought to my attention that unless I take the mark of the "WOF"...I'm not really welcome here, and cannot post any "teachings"...

It's sad that if one doesn't accept a title or tag, they are not welcome with a certain group of Christians...whatever happened to simply being a Bible believing Christian??? I know, I know....go do that elsewhere if the mark of "WOF" is not accepted. Is that it?

Ephesians 4:11-16
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

I'm a Christian, a Born Again Child of God....do I engage in "WOF"??? Sure, because it's what the Bible teaches.

But, God did not tell us to create a whole "division" of WOF where we wear this as a tag / title of pride thinkin we're better than other Christians. (C'mon now, you know a few folks who are glad they are WOF, and thank God they aren't like those "other people" out there...not thinkin 'bout anybody specific but there are some that think like this.)

In fact, if "WOF" people do have a little better handle on what God's Word teaches...and I believe we do....then according to Jesus, we are assigned to be ministers (servants) unto the rest of the Body of Christ!...(Matthew 20:26, Mark 10:43)

So, sorry if I offended anyone in not taking the mark of the WOF...I'm a "Christian"...who believes what God's Word says is true, and as such I can't really engage in the division of titles and tags dreamed up by men and used by men to keep men apart. I'll limit my posts and visits here as to not offend anybody in the "WOF movement" (it's not a 'movement'...it's how God rolls!)

This reminds me of when I was out witnessing next to a highschool one morning and was talking to one kid and ask him if he was a Christian....and he said, "No, I'm Baptist"...and I had to bite my toungue to keep from saying, "Yeah, and God can deliver you from that!"

Reactions: sunlover1

PastorMike

Newry Christian Centre
Oct 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟26,530.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The problem bro is not with the 'law abiding' friends but the ones who come in here to cause problems, so the minority as usual ruin it for everyone, this usually turns into a Wof bashing forum so in order to keep the peace and safety here for our members it was decided that only people that have the Wof icon can teach, the rest can come and fellowship but not debate...

Hope this explains it for you...

God bless,

Mike.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know exactly what you mean and for the same reason I took no icon when I first came to CF. Since I wanted to fellowship with other believers of like mind - that was my purpose for coming here - I reluctantly took the icon.

I'm wholeheartedly WoF, even before I knew it was called such a thing. I was WoF for 10-15 years before I knew people were calling us that!

I don't like labels, really. I think it has the possibility of causing division, unless you're dealing with mature Christians who will look beyond.

I know you're WoF. At least the posts I've seen from you have been fully agreeable thus far and I would like to hear more from you. But yeah, the rules are there to protect us, so icon is needed.

As far as I'm concerned, you're welcome around here. And remember, my fellowship thread is place you can pop in. I get people on there who fellowship who don't wear the icon, and have had very little trouble there because it is not a debate thread. If anyone starts debating, hey, they're out of there! :) But the Lord has been the Keeper of it. There have been no debates. However, say something contrary to the Word, and be ready for correction, cause I won't tolerate it there. Anyway, you're welcome there with or without an icon.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't find you offensive in any way! It bears repeating - I'd like to hear more from you. I just hope you don't go away offended. Why don't you ask the Lord how to handle this? If it's your desire to fellowship here, and your desire is to edify and to see the body of Christ be built up, than I know He has a way within the confines of the rules of CF. Remember, rules and authority are God ordained for protecting us. If there is an error in any rule, we as believers pray. We also speak out, in a respectful way, if the situation calls for it. That's how it's done in the political government of our nation, is it not? Don't we pray for our leaders in intercession for them? If a rule here doesn't seem right, pray about it first. Then act on what the Lord says to do.

Upvote 0

KM Richards

Jan 30, 2010
I'm right here!
✟1,233.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Romans 10:8 is a description of "righteousness which is of faith"...it does not say we are to call ourselves WOF, and in it...God does not call His people WOF.

So, where exactly in scripture does God call His people "WOF", or otherwise instructs us to take this title?

If God never calls His people WOF, or instructs us to call ourselves this...then why are people going around doing something God never said to do???

Upvote 0

KM Richards

Jan 30, 2010
I'm right here!
✟1,233.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I just hope you don't go away offended.

Not at all...Just wondering why anybody is able to come in this forum and post anything if they don't have the WOF title.

If it's that serious...then people without the icon should not be able to post.

Upvote 0

PastorMike

Newry Christian Centre
Oct 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟26,530.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Keep getting PMs that bring up questions....Is there scripture where God calls His people "WOF", or otherwise instructs us to take this title?

If there is, I'd be interested in seeing it please....

He doesn't tell anyone to call themselves Baptist or Presbyterian or Assemblies of God either, so that is not a valid point...

I don't understand why you are so upset, these are the rules...

Keep getting PM's from who?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KM Richards

Jan 30, 2010
I'm right here!
✟1,233.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
He doesn't tell anyone to call themselves Baptist or Presbyterian or Assemblies of God either, so that is not a valid point...

Since "WOF" people claim to be operating in what God's Word teaches, and considering God's Word never says to call ourselves WOF (it's a description of something from God, not a tag or title)...it's a very valid point.

Baptist, Presbyterians, and Assemblies of God don't claim to be going by the Bible only the way WOF people do, so why the title / tag not authorized by God?

I don't understand why you are so upset, these are the rules...

Not upset in the least. If the rules are intended to stop people from posting attacks against WOF people, yet anybody came come to this forum and post...then what good is the icon?

Apparently it's not that big of a deal, otherwise those without the WOF title / tag would only be able to read (if even that) and not be able to post since they aren't of your WOF denomination....which is exactly what this is.

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's been brought to my attention that unless I take the mark of the "WOF"...I'm not really welcome here, and cannot post any "teachings"...

It's sad that if one doesn't accept a title or tag, they are not welcome with a certain group of Christians...whatever happened to simply being a Bible believing Christian??? I know, I know....go do that elsewhere if the mark of "WOF" is not accepted. Is that it?

I'm a Christian, a Born Again Child of God....do I engage in "WOF"??? Sure, because it's what the Bible teaches.

But, God did not tell us to create a whole "division" of WOF where we wear this as a tag / title of pride thinkin we're better than other Christians. (C'mon now, you know a few folks who are glad they are WOF, and thank God they aren't like those "other people" out there...not thinkin 'bout anybody specific but there are some that think like this.)

In fact, if "WOF" people do have a little better handle on what God's Word teaches...and I believe we do....then according to Jesus, we are assigned to be ministers (servants) unto the rest of the Body of Christ!...(Matthew 20:26, Mark 10:43)

So, sorry if I offended anyone in not taking the mark of the WOF...I'm a "Christian"...who believes what God's Word says is true, and as such I can't really engage in the division of titles and tags dreamed up by men and used by men to keep men apart. I'll limit my posts and visits here as to not offend anybody in the "WOF movement" (it's not a 'movement'...it's how God rolls!)

This reminds me of when I was out witnessing next to a highschool one morning and was talking to one kid and ask him if he was a Christian....and he said, "No, I'm Baptist"...and I had to bite my toungue to keep from saying, "Yeah, and God can deliver you from that!"

we basically agree with you km.... it's just a title to make it clear what forum we are in and which statement of faith we follow.... other forums have core beliefs that are VERY different from WOF..... so if you don't want to wear the title to make you easily identifiable as to which set of core values and beliefs you live by.... that is ok....

but we are doing it to make our stance clear.... that's all..... christian can mean anything to anybody..... i know people who thought they were born a christian..... so unfortunately the title of christian may be biblically correct (not really though....the BIBLE doesn't call us christians.... we are called believers....saints.... sons.... beloved..... only in antioch were they called christians..... check it out.... christian is not the title the apostles gave for believers..... unbelievers called the antioch believers christians... so technically.... your icon was given to you by man too).... but it is really no indication of what you believe.... wof statement of faith says what you believe.... wof icon says you adhere to the statement.... it's a good thing in the situation we are in.....

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Keep getting PMs that bring up questions....Is there scripture where God calls His people "WOF", or otherwise instructs us to take this title?

If there is, I'd be interested in seeing it please....

the ONLY thing GOD calls us is saints... priests.... kings..... holy nation..... holy people..... beloved.... chosen ones.... called out ones (ekklesia).... etc....

christian isn't one of the things GOD calls us..... that was man's doing....

the early believers were also called "the way" to differentiate them from the jews that didn't believe in JESUS as the messiah.... but again... GOD did not call them "the way".... that was a title given by man to differentiate....

this is actually an excellent topic.... what exactly does GOD call us?....

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Since "WOF" people claim to be operating in what God's Word teaches, and considering God's Word never says to call ourselves WOF (it's a description of something from God, not a tag or title)...it's a very valid point.

Baptist, Presbyterians, and Assemblies of God don't claim to be going by the Bible only the way WOF people do, so why the title / tag not authorized by God?

Not upset in the least. If the rules are intended to stop people from posting attacks against WOF people, yet anybody came come to this forum and post...then what good is the icon?

Apparently it's not that big of a deal, otherwise those without the WOF title / tag would only be able to read (if even that) and not be able to post since they aren't of your WOF denomination....which is exactly what this is.

so if i understand correctly you are WOF.... you just conscientiously object to calling yourself WOF?..... you conscientiously object to wearing tags and titles?.....is that what you were saying?....

so the teachings you follow / believe are WOF teachings.... not baptist or pentecostal (even though WOF believe many/most of what is in their statements of faith)?....

you live and think and believe the WOF core beliefs and teachings.... as our statement of faith outlines?.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KM Richards

Jan 30, 2010
I'm right here!
✟1,233.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
the BIBLE doesn't call us christians.... we are called believers....saints.... sons.... beloved..... only in antioch were they called christians..... check it out.... christian is not the title the apostles gave for believers..... unbelievers called the antioch believers christians... so technically.... your icon was given to you by man too

None of these titles were available, neither is the Bible to say what core beliefs I follow.
Actually, a good set of adjectives would be "full Gospel" which is more than following WOF alone. There's more to walking with God than WOF, although WOF is a highly important aspect of how God rolls.

Actually, the term "Christian" can be considered to be correct as it means follower of Christ (Who is the Anointed One and also includes the anointing He is anointed with)

Christian as found in Acts 11:26 is G5546 (Strong's) - follower of Christ.
From G5547 - anointed, i.e. the Messiah, an "epithet" of Jesus
From G5548 - probably akin to 5530 through the idea of contact; to smear or rub with oil, i.e. (by implication) to consecrate to an office or religious service: KJV -- anoint.

This is referring to the anointing of Jesus that is in us and on us!

Epithet - a characterizing word or phrase firmly associated with a person or thing and often used in place of an actual name, title, or the like, such as “Christian” for “Jesus” (We are the Body of Christ, right???....even some of those that aren't WOF??? Can those be saved?)

This is also found in Acts 26:28, where 'ol king Agrippa told Paul, "you almost persuaded me to be a follower of the Anointed One"

Peter used the term "Christian" under the direction of the Holy Spirit in 1 Peter 4:16.

Are we WOF primarily, which is just one part of walking with God and not the whole....or do we consider ourselves a followers of Jesus (training to act/live in accordance with how God lives and how He gets things done) and members of His Body?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KM Richards

Jan 30, 2010
I'm right here!
✟1,233.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
...as our statement of faith outlines?

More like what God's Word outlines....which is greater than WOF or any other denomination.

Would rather look at the big picture, versus majoring in just one part of the picture...

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
More like what God's Word outlines....which is greater than WOF or any other denomination.

Would rather look at the big picture, versus majoring in just one part of the picture...

i absolutely agree.... that is kinda what wof tries to do too....
that's one reason i choose wof.... they try to look at the big picture....

Upvote 0

HolySpiritWOF

Jan 22, 2011
✟16,223.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
None of these titles were available, neither is the Bible to say what core beliefs I follow.
Actually, a good set of adjectives would be "full Gospel" which is more than following WOF alone. There's more to walking with God than WOF, although WOF is a highly important aspect of how God rolls.

Actually, the term "Christian" can be considered to be correct as it means follower of Christ (Who is the Anointed One and also includes the anointing He is anointed with)

Christian as found in Acts 11:26 is G5546 (Strong's) - follower of Christ.
From G5547 - anointed, i.e. the Messiah, an "epithet" of Jesus
From G5548 - probably akin to 5530 through the idea of contact; to smear or rub with oil, i.e. (by implication) to consecrate to an office or religious service: KJV -- anoint.

This is referring to the anointing of Jesus that is in us and on us!

Epithet - a characterizing word or phrase firmly associated with a person or thing and often used in place of an actual name, title, or the like, such as “Christian” for “Jesus” (We are the Body of Christ, right???....even some of those that aren't WOF??? Can those be saved?)

This is also found in Acts 26:28, where 'ol king Agrippa told Paul, "you almost persuaded me to be a follower of the Anointed One"

Peter used the term "Christian" under the direction of the Holy Spirit in 1 Peter 4:16.

Are we WOF primarily, which is just one part of walking with God and not the whole....or do we consider ourselves a followers of Jesus (training to act/live in accordance with how God lives and how He gets things done) and members of His Body?

tags just make it easier..... everywhere.... job titles.... government titles.... product titles.... land titles.... geography titles.... country titles.... pay grade titles.... education titles.... it's just something EVERYONE uses to streamline everything.....

we could ask you to state what you believe..... it would take you how long to explain?..... but if you agree with the wof teachers.... the direction we are going..... and the things all wof are believing.... you could just say wof..... short.... sweet.... simple.....

or you could say mostly wof.... except for xxxxxx..... personally my life is way too busy to sit and explain to everyone everything..... titles come in very handy..... in fact words are just a title for a concept..... like book.... many pages bound together filled with words to describe thoughts to.....

even words are tags for a something....

so we can work with tags.... or we can buck against tags.... i don't see the need to fight tags..... i can work with tags.....

Upvote 0

PastorMike

Newry Christian Centre
Oct 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟26,530.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't see the problem, you are making it out to be like a conspiracy or something, we all have to work within the confines of the rules, there are times we all butt up against the rules and we get smacked on the wrist for it, but it's the rules that keep this forum going the right direction...

This is the best this forum has been for a long time, not perfect but the best it has been...

Upvote 0