The Wise Virgins Are About to Awake and DO Something. Any Guesses What That Might Be?

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You are bearing false witness. I do not hate anyone. I do hate bogus doctrines which involve blaspheming God. But I don't hate the people who believe those doctrines.

Re-read your own post then.
I was going to answer you, but I realized, your wrong on so many different levels, it would take all night to explain just where you are wrong, and you wouldn't receive anything I said anyway so, I'm not even going to.

Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Not sure what your point is here. John's in chapter five, I think anyway, was not talking about particular sins but about those who didn't repent. As Paul told us, every sin is worthy of death. So to pray for a person who is repentant, that made sense. To pray for somebody who had no intention of changing, that would be asking God to go against his will.

But if sinning isn't a problem for Christians, I mean, we are just sinning daily every hour and there's no point in trying to even walk the straight path because we're walking dung, why would Jesus want us to make a person aware of their sin? Why bother? He can't change. He can't stop sinning. Why would he ask us to waste our time? Why even warn us about sin and tell us we will be judged by our works?
As we mature in the Lord and grow spiritually, our fruit grows and we are more and more conformed to the image of Christ. We are commanded to try and walk the narrow path in the power of the Holy Spirit, and we are able to do so by the blood of Christ. None of this means we will be sinless beings. Our flesh is crucified with Christ but it still exists, we live in our bodies and as long as that is true we will struggle with sin. But praise be to God for giving us mercy and helping us grow and conform more and more into the image of his son.

There is no sinless life this side of heaven my friend.

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 18:15
“If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.”

1 John 5:16
If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

You left this verse out, why?

1Jn. 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You left this verse out, why?

1Jn. 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
The greek is clear in this verse and the most accurate translation is “makes a practice of sinning” or the idea of unrepentant sin. That is why it is translating this way in better translations.

I see now where you get The false sinless men doctrine.

• Haha
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The greek is clear in this verse and the most accurate translation is “makes a practice of sinning” or the idea of unrepentant sin. That is why it is translating this way in better translations.

I see now where you get The false sinless men doctrine.

Sorry, try reading the Original Greek, you will see how it actually was written, not some poor interpretation of a word.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
As we mature in the Lord and grow spiritually, our fruit grows and we are more and more conformed to the image of Christ. We are commanded to try and walk the narrow path in the power of the Holy Spirit, and we are able to do so by the blood of Christ. None of this means we will be sinless beings. Our flesh is crucified with Christ but it still exists, we live in our bodies and as long as that is true we will struggle with sin. But praise be to God for giving us mercy and helping us grow and conform more and more into the image of his son.

There is no sinless life this side of heaven my friend.

Except we're told to live a sinless life. So we have to at least try. And there are going to be times when we succeed and times when we stumble. But to just accept and teach that it is ok to sin is frankly wrong. It's not what is taught.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Re-read your own post then.
I was going to answer you, but I realized, your wrong on so many different levels, it would take all night to explain just where you are wrong, and you wouldn't receive anything I said anyway so, I'm not even going to.

Well I am certainly not going to receive the claim that the virgins are about Jews only rather than the entire church.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

Clearly, the virgins are the church.

• Optimistic
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well I am certainly not going to receive the claim that the virgins are about Jews only rather than the entire church.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

Clearly, the virgins are the church.

Clearly the Parable is not about the Church but, you are entitled to be wrong as much as anybody else is so keep on with what you have .

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Clearly the Parable is not about the Church but, you are entitled to be wrong as much as anybody else is so keep on with what you have .

What excludes the parable from being about the church?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Except we're told to live a sinless life. So we have to at least try. And there are going to be times when we succeed and times when we stumble. But to just accept and teach that it is ok to sin is frankly wrong. It's not what is taught.
Who is teaching it’s ok to sin?

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Who is teaching it’s ok to sin?

When you say that it is wrong to ever identify yourself as sinless, you are implying that we're to accept sin in our life as inevitable and unavoidable. If it were unavoidable, then there would be no teaching of avoidance.

We sometimes sin. We sometimes do not. When we don't it is just as valid to acknowledge it as it is to acknowledge when we have sinned.

If we are not cognizant of when and if that happens, how are we to even know when we've sinned at all? It is up to us to make that distinction so we can clean it up when it happens. If you are not allowed to say you're clean when you are clean, but instead must always consider yourself a "filthy rag" what's the point? God cleans us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
If you are not allowed to say you're clean when you are clean, but instead must always consider yourself a "filthy rag" what's the point? God cleans us.
To not view yourself as clean and forgiven after you repent is contrary to scripture. We are white as snow and our sin is covered by the blood of Christ through repentance. My only point from the beginning was that sin is very real, believers sin and are not immune from it, we must be vigilant to avoid it and quick to repent when we fail. never sin doctrine Is bizarre and communicates a false understanding of the depravity of men

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
To not view yourself as clean and forgiven after you repent is contrary to scripture. We are white as snow and our sin is covered by the blood of Christ through repentance. My only point from the beginning was that sin is very real, believers sin and are not immune from it, we must be vigilant to avoid it and quick to repent when we fail. never sin doctrine Is bizarre and communicates a false understanding of the depravity of men

So I am confused as to what your issue is. "Never sin" is the goal. Sin isn't ok. John used a word that meant "not even one" when he said "God is light and there is no darkness in him."

To willfully sin with the idea that,"It's ok, God will forgive me" is not how we're to think of sin.

But sin isn't a virus that we can catch. It is disobedience to God. Totally within the realm of our will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums