The Wise Virgins Are About to Awake and DO Something. Any Guesses What That Might Be?

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
I guess Jesus was, His Ministry was to the Jews Only.

His ministry while he was on earth was to the Jews only. Then he commanded his apostles to go preach to every nation. Later we learn that he has reconciled Jews and Gentiles into one body and now the real Jews are those who obey the Gospel.

28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

The parable is about the church and it applies to everyone.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
His ministry while he was on earth was to the Jews only. Then he commanded his apostles to go preach to every nation. Later we learn that he has reconciled Jews and Gentiles into one body and now the real Jews are those who obey the Gospel.

28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

The parable is about the church and it applies to everyone.

Sorry but it really doesn't.

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God’s grace covers all sin, no matter what type, if the sinner repents. I think we can question people who continue in unrepentant clear sin and profess to be brothers (affairs etc in which case church discipline takes effect). I am not trying to excuse sin, only make it clear that all men sin daily. The reason I brought it up isn’t to argue it’s because I’m concerned with all the scripture that talks about not sinning and Christians living sin free because it seems clear but then in. >reality< all Christians sin constantly. Therefore I have to try and figure out how I’m misinterpreting the scripture because the word of God is infallible. I can’t listen to these people who think they are sinless it’s pure delusion. I would love to hear a clear explanation of how we still sin and how this scripture that appears to say we don’t makes sense

Praise God that you see it in the scriptures that we are commanded to walk as He walked, without sin. But when you consider yourself, and look at others, you see Christians who are sinning, all of the time. Brother, when scripture says one thing, and experience says another, believe scripture is the truth. You are putting experience before scripture.

The answer to your question is: it is the time in which we are living that is causing this conflict. Now if you were to transmit yourself to the time of the Holiness Movement in 19th and early 20 the century, you would have found it was not like this.

The message you are rebuking here, was being preached from the pulpits, and many books were written about it. It was also the case at other times in church history.

Look for yourself. There were men and women in those days, whose spouses and fellow believers testified to what they claimed. They were called holy people.

It has been quite a while since the last revivals of this doctrine and more time that goes on, the less examples can be seen.

But it is still there if you look. May you be enlightened brother.

Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Praise God that you see it in the scriptures that we are commanded to walk as He walked, without sin. But when you consider yourself, and look at others, you see Christians who are sinning, all of the time. Brother, when scripture says one thing, and experience says another, believe scripture is the truth. You are putting experience before scripture.

The answer to your question is: it is the time in which we are living that is causing this conflict. Now if you were to transmit yourself to the time of the Holiness Movement in 19th and early 20 the century, you would have found it was not like this.

The message you are rebuking here, was being preached from the pulpits, and many books were written about it. It was also the case at other times in church history.

Look for yourself. There were men and women in those days, whose spouses and fellow believers testified to what they claimed. They were called holy people.

It has been quite a while since the last revivals of this doctrine and more time that goes on, the less examples can be seen.

But it is still there if you look. May you be enlightened brother.
Doesn’t track. Paul says that which i will to do i don’t do. Paul sinned also. It’s because the flesh still exists even when it’s crucified with Christ.

So you are Holy and without sin? I think falling on the mercy of Christ and acknowledging you are a sinful person that needs grace is preferable to pretending you are holy.

• Agree
Reactions: ADisciple
Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
First off, your argument is simply to impugn people and that is an avoidance of the text we were discussing.

We're commanded not to sin.

1 John 1
5 Καὶ ἔστιν αὕτη ἡ ἀγγελία ἣν ἀκηκόαμεν ἀπ' αὐτοῦ καὶ ἀναγγέλλομεν ὑμῖν, ὅτι ὁ θεὸς φῶς ἐστιν καὶ σκοτία ἐν αὐτῷ οὐκ ἔστιν οὐδεμία.

Literally it reads this way:

5 And is this the message which we heard from him and we announce to you, that God light is and darkness in him not is, not even one.

Not even one. One sin takes us out of fellowship with God. So anyone who just whistles past the graveyard and thinks it is impossible not to sin or that sin doesn't matter is mistaken.

When we were washed of our sins when we began our Christian walk, we began in perfection. We had no sin. Not because we were perfect but because God made us perfect (if indeed we were washed).

And every time we sin, John says, we have to acknowledge and confess that sin. But we are commanded not to sin. A Christian he says, knows this and therefore does not walk in sin as some teachers in that time were teaching. They taught that it didn't matter. God's grace just covered it all and you didn't have to change anything.

So John's letter was to turn that teaching on its ear. And of course the very first thing we're commanded is to turn from sin. To repent. Change our minds. Decide we're not going to disobey God anymore.

If we sin, we confess our sin and he forgives us. At that point we are again sinless. Not because we're such great people but because God is so great. We're called not to sin though. And we have to be aware of everything we're doing. We have to know God's commandments and obey them. I can call myself sinless when I have no sin. Nothing wrong with acknowledging what God has done for me. But when I have sinned, I have to confess it and seek forgiveness. If I'm not paying attention and meditating on his commandments, I could fall into sin and think I'm just great with God. But I wouldn't be. Knowing and staying watchful and diligent is my responsibility as a Christian.

Now I never said I don't sin. So your claim that I believe I never sin is baseless. Your belief that I and other Christians are constantly sinning is also baseless. You have no evidence of this. It's rude of you to make such an assertion.
Can you go a week in your life with perfect obedience and no sin? Like have you ever done this?

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Doesn’t track. Paul says that which i will to do i don’t do. Paul sinned also. It’s because the flesh still exists even when it’s crucified with Christ.

So you are Holy and without sin? I think falling on the mercy of Christ and acknowledging you are a sinful person that needs grace is preferable to pretending you are holy.

You are taking the chapter out of context. Paul is recounting the days before he heard this doctrine or it was revealed to him, as a believer who struggled with the Holy Spirit during his conviction.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are taking the chapter out of context. Paul is recounting the days before he heard this doctrine or it was revealed to him, as a believer who struggled with the Holy Spirit during his conviction.
Brenda, this is very true. However, think for a minute. Where does the power of sin come from? The law, right? What breaks the power of the law over us? One thing.... our death, for he that is dead is freed from the law.

Paul has just told us in Romans 6 that when Christ died, so did we. So one would assume, all Christians would be freed from the power of sin. BUT, what if a man or woman does not appropriate that death as their death by reckoning themselves dead unto sin? The old US is dead, but if satan can convince us otherwise, he will continue to have power over us by deception.

The leave a crack in the door for satan to enter in. By not doing so, Romans 7 remains our experience and due to our unbelief, the power sin has over us remains.

This is why it is imperative that we come into agreement with God that the old us IS dead, for if we do not, satan convinces us there really is no escape from sin, so why try?

This, unfortunately, has a huge effect on our walks with God, for as we continue to sin, what results is our hearts get harder and harder.

It is my prayer that God have mercy on His own who have been led into pastures that cannot support overcoming life. He must be the one to open eyes, to cause our hardness to melt from His amazing love.

As we can all see from this post, we as His own have become a modern day version of the tower of Babel. We cannot agree on anything! LOL. God can.... and will.... open our eyes, and these dry bones can.... and will.... live again.

When will the heathen know that He is the Lord? When..... and only when... He shall be sanctified IN US before their very eyes. (Ezekiel 36) This is beginning as we speak. It may be shaky and confusing for a bit, but all that will pass. God's church WILL be made ready to meet her bridegroom. Glory!

blessings,

Gids

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not understanding the comparison. As both the wise and foolish virgins slept, their lamps were still lit and producing light. It says of the wise that they trimmed their lamps, an action taken only when the lamp is already lit, and the foolish complained they needed oil because their lamps were going out, not that they were already out. At no point in the parable was any lamp extinguished and then lit again, wise or foolish.

The foolish virgins oil had run out, and thus, their lamps had gone out.

"Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out." (Matthew 25:7-8).

The anointing oil is the Spirit. They lost the Spirit. The Spirit is given to those who obey (Acts of the Apostles 5:32).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall." (Proverbs 10:8). The virgins who did not light their lamp with the Spirit because they were in foolish disobedience to God's commands.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The foolish virgins oil had run out, and thus, their lamps had gone out.

"Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out." (Matthew 25:7-8).

The anointing oil is the Spirit. They lost the Spirit. The Spirit is given to those who obey (Acts of the Apostles 5:32).

Depends on your translation.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning; And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately. Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them. And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants." (Luke 12:35-38).

Part of the armor of God:

"Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;" (Ephesians 6:14).

full

So girding up your loins with truth is a part of the armor of God and it is to help us to stand against the wiles of the devil.

full

Sanctify them with your truth, for your word is truth.

full

We sanctify or cleanse or purify by living according to His Word.
We are to not wander from his commandments.
We are to hide His Word (His commands) in us so that we may not sin against Him.

full

"Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth." (Psalms 119:151).

Side Note
:

See my signature in each my posts below to see which commands we are to follow today as believers. In addition, please take note also that there are Grace commands like 1 John 3:23, Matthew 11:28-29, Mark 1:15, Hebrews 4:16. There are also Sanctification commands, too (Matthew 3:3, Matthew 3:8, Matthew 4:7, etc.).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Depends on your translation.

No. There has to be a plain and simple Word of God that we have to be held accountable to. If the Word could not be plainly understood, then men could not fear the Lord.

"And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it." (Habakkuk 2:2).

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
No. There has to be a plain and simple Word of God that we have to be held accountable to. If the Word could not be plainly understood, then men could not fear the Lord.

"And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it." (Habakkuk 2:2).

Well, you quoted a specific version, one that reads differently in other versions. So, 'No' isn't really a viable response here.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, you quoted a specific version, one that reads differently in other versions. So, 'No' isn't really a viable response here.

Then the truth of God cannot be known, right? Is that it?
No Bible can be trusted? They are all just untrustworthy?
If truth cannot easily accessed from one source plainly, then there is no truth at all to trust.
Is it looking to the Hebrew (OT) and the Greek (NT) when these words are not really 100% knowable?
For nobody today speaks Biblical Hebrew, and Biblical Greek.
As for Modern Translations, they generally are all based upon Westcott and Hort's Greek NT text. They were known occultists and thus it explains their odd views about Christianity. Hence, why Modern Translations water down the Trinity, the deity of Christ, the blood atonement, holy living, salvation, etc.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).
We receive the words not as the words of men, but in fact as the very words of God (See: 1 Thessalonians 2:13).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Then the truth of God cannot be known, right? Is that it?
No Bible can be trusted? They are all just untrustworthy?
If truth cannot easily accessed from one source plainly, then there is no truth at all to trust.
Is it looking to the Hebrew (OT) and the Greek (NT) when these words are not really 100% knowable?
For nobody today speaks Biblical Hebrew, and Biblical Greek.
As for Modern Translations, they generally are all based upon Westcott and Hort's Greek NT text. They were known occults and thus it explains their odd views about Christianity. Hence, why Modern Translations water down the Trinity, the deity of Christ, the blood atonement, holy living, salvation, etc.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).
We receive the words not as the words of men, but in fact as the very words of God (See: 1 Thessalonians 2:13).

Overreact much? Just move on. I'm not putting up with your drama today.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Overreact much? Just move on. I'm not putting up with your drama today.

I am not overreacting. You said according to that translation and you offered no verifiable alternative to the truth of what this passage says. You just said it was a translation as if such a truth was unknowable. That is not acceptable in my opinion. Certain basic truths in regards to His Word can be known, dear sir. I stated what the Word plainly said and you cast doubt upon it by saying it was simply a translation. You said nothing else. From my perspective: This is casting doubt upon what God's Word says.

Upvote 0