• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The will of God

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Agallagher, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Agallagher

Agallagher Slow learner.

+792
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    “We [earnestly] urge you, believers, admonish those who are out of line [the undisciplined, the unruly, the disorderly],

encourage the timid [who lack spiritual courage], help the [spiritually] weak, be very patient with everyone [always controlling your temper].

See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek that which is good for one another and for all people.

Rejoice always and delight in your faith; be unceasing and persistent in prayer; in every situation [no matter what the circumstances]

be thankful and continually give thanks to God;

for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.”
    ‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:14-18‬ ‭AMP‬‬

Have a blessed day, to all!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+2,771
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    Well I don't see how this is controversial theology, except you are giving people who will be posting the ability to take things into "interesting" directions. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+11,085
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Nothing like a Thanksgiving brawl. :D

Happy Turkey Day! I hope you have a good one. :)

Yours in His Service,

~bella

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Aaron_Bethlhm

Aaron_Bethlhm Active Member

+94
    United States
    Anabaptist
    Private
    Who do you think today are the ones who are out of line, undisciplined, unruly and disorderly ? i.e. who is not walking in truth, (even if , or even though, in power)
    Thus,
    as always,
    should you decide to accept it,
    (the truth),
    and take a stand for the truth,
    you will be hated, rejected, and kicked out of the groups you were in.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+11,085
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    These verses can be taken out of context and used to exert control in degrees that was never intended. The undercurrent of 1 Thessalonians 5 is alertness. Christ referenced the principle in the Parable of Ten Virgins. It is not a license to make demands, express authority, or misuse grace.

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Yours in His Service,

~bella

6. Devin Hammond

Devin Hammond Active Member

+163
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Joel Osteen is definitely out of line and so is Paula White.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Aaron_Bethlhm

Aaron_Bethlhm Active Member

+94
    United States
    Anabaptist
    Private
    Fill in the blanks with 33,000 other names also.
    While hundreds, or even maybe thousands of people realize that very popular ones are out of line (and worse),
    there still remains hundreds of thousands of people supporting those ones who are out of line (and worse).
    That is the way of the world we live in - those who are out of line are often the most popular ones. Jesus never said the world chooses what is good, nor what is right, nor has any love for truth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Agallagher

Agallagher Slow learner.

+792
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    It’s good to know what have the Holy Spirit to discern but sometimes we must let some people be, even after placing our points and our beliefs to them.

The Bible explains for us to live at peace with all men if possible, and that can be possible by the Holy Spirit, and only God can lead a person to the truth, not saying the people you listened have a mental problem, but mental factors of human beings must be accounted for in why some may be how they are because we have people in the faith who are autistic.

or who preach in abstract ways, even putting on shows decieveing their audiences and cults.

Devin.

Hope my post above helps Aaron.

Pavel

Hey brother, being here for several months everyone here at controversial theology, has become my home of operations when it comes to not exactly challenging others, but rather inducing thoughts of different views for people to see, and glory to God for all those who have learned from us all sharing in between and amongst ourselves.

Today being thanksgiving I needed to give at least the will of God for us in Christ Jesus, for all to bear.

Aaron, this means us all. The verse speaking of the wanting, you can do in a gentle way towards people, though it’s not to make demands and or pull out a gun and put it to someone’s head to make them change, at least that not what I means to me.

You can always share experiences that never went in your favor though that doesn’t mean a person is ready to change, change does come from God, and Gods timing is not out timing.

Bella
    Your thanksgiving brawl post was funny. Lol, you are absolutely right about what you are saying and hopefully my explanation does the verse justice for the most part.

God bless dear friends and have a wonderful day!! May the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you, and the grace of God our Father. :)

9. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+11,085
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I understood your intentions. They were good. I enjoy your threads. You're sincere. :)

Let me be real for a moment. Constraint is deceptive. When your circumstances are limited you're apt to believe things about yourself that appear true in your present condition. But alter the environment and remove the limitations and you may discover a different answer.

We mention this one and that one and a litany of shortcomings. We're not in a position to experience the same. But if you had a few million in your bank account or a lot power and visibility; you don't know what you'd do. Because the temptations and challenges you're facing where you stand aren't the same you encounter when you're higher.

Bigger level. Bigger devil. We'd like to believe we'd do this and that. But I know better. Plenty removes a lot of hardships. There are difficulties you encounter with ease you don't face when you're struggling. I live with that.

I counter it by giving. I help and encourage others to keep my heart in order. I stay close to Him to keep my head straight. I know my susceptibilities. Sometimes I have to be uncomfortable to be holy. I have to inconvenience myself.

When you don't have cares it's easy to become self-focused and go astray. The world is your oyster. The thought of falling scares me. The higher you go the more evil you encounter. There are moments when the burden of my calling hits me. It would have been easier to be a housewife.

I need prayer and so do you. So do religious and political leaders, celebrities, and everyone else. Sometimes I pray for Hollywood and it feels like an anvil on my head. The oppression and strength of the spirits they're grappling with hurts my heart. :stress:

Lord have mercy on us all. We need it.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List