A71

Mar 8, 2017
Europe
✟30,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Were Donald's latest remarks about Africa,Haiti and El Salvador truthful, funny, undiplomatic, reprehensible, or shameful, or something else, in your opinion?

I have to confess, I found them funny. I never thought the day would come when any POTUS would say a thing like this. From what I have heard, some would say this is the pot calling the kettle, as the US, outside the smart areas, is very third world.

I know I should not find them funny, but I can't imagine any future UN or diplomatic meeting being feasible now for the US

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Truthfully speaking, he has probably just handed trillions worth of African contracts to the Chinese. I guess that's just the way he rolls.

And sadly - the people of African will once again see no benefit from any contract. It never matters where the contact is coming from. Sigh.

I felt the comments were dumb. Really dumb. From what I was reading he was being candid in a closed meeting, but he didn't stop to think WHOM he was being candid with. At least with some of the DNC emails that were leaked you knew their candid comments were suppose to be among colleagues that were not ready to rush to the media. When you are in Washington - within a bipartisan meeting? Yeah, not going to happen.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If the "off the record" and private comments of all the presidents were suddenly to be made public, we'd find most of them used similar language (and some of them much worse). But of course, only one president is under attack from the enemies of democracy at the present time, so that's what we're supposed to talk about.

• Agree
Reactions: Sistrin
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who had ever been to Haiti or El Salvador would agree with the description applied by the President. Yet the programmed manner in which the progressive left demands we think is America is no different, no better, no more advanced or special than any third-world hell-hole like Haiti. We are all supposed to run around screaming at the sky because Trump spoke a blunt truth.

Add to this the concern, and I use the term lightly, the liberal/progressive left has for the people who live in these countries begins and ends with the desire to increase the Democrat voter base. Look what is going on in Florida at this moment, with the resettlement of over 300,000 people from Puerto Rico and the effort to register them all as Democrats.

Liberals care nothing about the actual welfare of any of the people illegally entering this country or being brought here under one of their resettlement operations. They care about increasing their voter base, and nothing else.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The people of Puerto Rico are US citizens, but there is no doubt that the Democrats want open borders for no other reason that they see it leading to the creation of a one-party government in the USA (with the Dems being the one party, of course). And they are very close to their goal of ending free elections as it is.

• Agree
Reactions: A71
Upvote 0

HannahT

Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟458,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of people feigning outrage. None of them actually moving to Haiti though. Hmmmmmmmmmm......

Who knows what is what with this types of things. Politicians are always looking for headlines, and their face in the camera. (shrugs) At times I think they need to tape these meetings so we can confirm things, and put them to bed.

lol I think its false outrage for some though! People talk about how this country is a 's-hole', and that doesn't seem to be racist, etc.

If you look at the governments where these people come from? They are corrupt - and brought and paid for. Their people suffer for it. I think of all the money and effort poured into Haiti, and next to nothing came of it. The corrupt government took the curds, and threw the whey at the people. It seems Sean Penn's efforts helped the most, but even he can't get to far when you have the government stealing from that.

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0