The White Horse (Rev. 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpiritualSon said:
From these and very many more passages anyone who has eyes, and a mind opened by using his eyes, can see that Jehovah God, who is one, came down and became man in order to effect redemption.

Can anyone fail to see this as clear as in morning light, so long as he pays attention to those Divine sayings of Jehovah God which have been quoted above

Those, however, who are plunged in the shades of night as the result of convincing themselves that a trinity of three Divine persons was before creation, and that the second person of this man made trinity was sent by the Father, and that it was he who descended and became man in order to redeem us, close their eyes to those Divine sayings, and ponder with their eyes shut how to pervert them and make them square with their false ideas.

Harry

From the 1st paragraph, I believe he is just suggesting that Jesus is God and that the "Son of God" term is inappropriate/blasphemous...

I don't think he is denying that God, in the form of Jesus, died for the sins of the world.... But, I'll ask him....

Hey, Harry, do you believe God came to earth in the form of a man named Jesus and died for our sins??

Also, how can i get 5000 blessings with a handful of posts?? Sounds like laundering from an accounting perspective.

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
cbk said:
From the 1st paragraph, I believe he is just suggesting that Jesus is God and that the "Son of God" term is inappropriate/blasphemous...

I don't think he is denying that God, in the form of Jesus, died for the sins of the world.... But, I'll ask him....

Hey, Harry, do you believe God came to earth in the form of a man named Jesus and died for our sins??

Also, how can i get 5000 blessings with a handful of posts?? Sounds like laundering from an accounting perspective.

BUT GOD HIMSELF CALLS JESUS HIS SON so how can the term Son of God be blasphemous??

MATTHEW [size=+2]17[/size] And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
**5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. ;)
6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.

Upvote 0

Palatka44

Unabashedly Baptist
Jul 22, 2003
Palatka, Florida
Visit site
✟17,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Shall we get back to our study of who or what is the rider of the white horse please? If the original has run it's course then isn't it time we quit beating a "Dead Horse"? I've noticed that even Poemia has stoped replying. IF there is nothing to add then please let this one go and start a new thread.

Upvote 0

SpiritualSon

Jul 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟7,778.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Did you not know that, when the Lord was in the world, He had a soul like any other person? Where could He have got it from, unless from God the Father?

The truth of this is established by the words with which the angel Gabriel addressed Mary: "The power of the Most High will overshadow you, and the Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the holy thing that shall be born of you shall be called the Son of God. This means that Jehovah God the Father had became the Soul of the child born of the virgin Mary.The Son of God was born in this world, not from eternity, but born in time.

There are plenty of plain statements that this is so in the writings of the Evangelists. What then is it that is called the Son, but the Human which was conceived of the Father's Divine and born of the Virgin Mary?

A mother cannot conceive a soul.That would be totally repugnant to the order which controls human reproduction. Nor can God the Father implant the soul from Himself, and then retire, as every father in the world does, since God is His own Divine Essence, and this is one and indivisible; and being indivisible, it must be God Himself.

This is why the Lord says that the Father and He are one, that the Father is in Him and He is in the Father, and many more similar statements.

This too was seen, at a distance, by those who framed the Athanasian Creed; so after splitting God into three Persons, they still declare that in Christ God and man, that is, the Divine and the Human, are not two, but one, as the soul and the body in man are one.

'The Lord in the world prayed to the Father as if to another, and humbled Himself before the Father as if before another, because this was to conform with the order established from creation.

For this is the immutable order which controls everyone's progress towards being linked with God.

This order lays down that as a person links himself to God, which he does by living according to the rules of order or God's commandments, so God links Himself to him, and makes him spiritual instead of natural.

In the same way the Lord united Himself with His Father, and God the Father united Himself with the Lord. Was the Lord not a child like any other, a boy like any other boy?

Do we not read that He advanced in wisdom and grace, and later, that He besought the Father to glorify His name, that is, His Human? To glorify is to make Divine by union with Himself.

This shows plainly why the Lord in His state of exinanition, which was His state while advancing towards union, prayed to the Father.

From myself:
In Luke after Jesus was found by His mother and Joseph after searching for Him,He went home with them and advanced in wisdom.He was taught by the Divine in Him called the Father.

Harry

Upvote 0

SpiritualSon

Jul 24, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟7,778.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Palatka44 said:
You've just taken John 3:16 and made it a lie.
Why would you do such a thing? Please explain yourself. Why is it that you can not see that Jesus is God manifested as the Son, and that God is manifested in the person of Jesus Christ. Do you not understand that the name Jesus means "Jehovah Saves"?:clap:
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This does not mean Jehovah God the Father sent a second person who with Him before creation.

THE HUMAN BY WHICH JEHOVAH GOD THE FATHER BROUGHT HIMSELF INTO THE WORLD IS THE SON OF GOD.

The Lord said on many occasions that the Father sent Him and that He was sent by the Father; e.g. Mat'. 10:40; 15:24; John 3:17, 34; 5:23, 24, 36-38; 6:29, 39, 40, 44, 57; 7:16, 18, 28, 29; 8:16, 18, 29, 42; 9:4; and very many other passages.

He said this because by 'being sent into the world' is meant coming down and mixing with human beings; this He did by means of the Human, which He took upon Himself by means of the Virgin Mary.

The Human too is really the Son of God, because it was conceived of Jehovah God as the Father (as is stated by Luke 1:32, 35). The Human is called the Son of God, the Son of Man and the Son of Mary; by the Son of the God is meant Jehovah God in His Human, by the Son of Man the Lord as to the Word, and by the Son of Mary the actual human which He took upon Himself.

It will be proved in the following pages that these are the meanings of the Son of God and the Son of Man; that the Son of Mary means His purely human nature is evident from the reproduction of human beings, where the soul comes from the father and the body from the mother.

The father's sperm contains the soul, and this is clothed with a body in the mother's womb. To put it another way, everything spiritual a person has is from his father, everything material from his mother.

In the case of the Lord, what was Divine in Him was from His Father Jehovah, and His human was from His mother; the union of these two is the Son of God. This is clearly proved from the account of the Lord's birth, of which we read in Luke:

The angel Gabriel said to Mary, The Holy Spirit shall come upon you, and the power of the Most High shall overshadow you; therefore the holy thing that shall be born of you shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:35.

The Lord also described Himself as 'sent by the Father' because 'sent' has a similar meaning to 'angel', for angel in the language of the original means one who is sent. For it is said in Isaiah:

The angel of Jehovah's faces* has set them free, on account of His love and mercy He has redeemed them. Isa. 63:9.

And in Malachi:

Suddenly the Lord whom you seek shall come to his temple, and also the messenger of the covenant, whom you long for. Mal. 3:1.

There are other similar passages elsewhere. It will be seen in Chapter 3 of this book that the Divine Trinity, God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, is in the Lord, and that the Father in Him is the originating Divine, the Son the Divine Human and the Holy Spirit the emanating Divine.

Harry

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.