The white horse of Revelation is the Mahhdi?

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As mentioned in another post I have been researching people like Walid Shoebat and Joel Richardson and others regarding Biblical prophecies about the currently Moslem nations and end times. Except that I think the RCC is involved in the background - since it apparently started islam with a nun sent to marry Mohammed - they seem to be really opening people's eyes.

Today I listened to someone else I usually think is ho hum personally, Grace To You's John MacArthur, regarding Moslems and the end times. He added something the other guys didn't, to my remembrance. He said that per Islamic prophecies the Mahhdi (their Messiah in case you haven't heard that) will come on a white horse. There description of Mahhdi fits the antichrist to a T. Then they are expecting (and I believe they will, of course, fake this big time) for "Yahushua" to return and teach the world the "truth" that Islam is right about Him. It sounds like that one is to be the false prophet, whoever they come up with.

Just sharing with anyone else who may be interested. It always seems that knowing about the end times can help one be more prepared, through prayer and ever increasing obedience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sci_WFp8ec

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
As mentioned in another post I have been researching people like Walid Shoebat and Joel Richardson and others regarding Biblical prophecies about the currently Moslem nations and end times. Except that I think the RCC is involved in the background - since it apparently started islam with a nun sent to marry Mohammed - they seem to be really opening people's eyes.

Today I listened to someone else I usually think is ho hum personally, Grace To You's John MacArthur, regarding Moslems and the end times. He added something the other guys didn't, to my remembrance. He said that per Islamic prophecies the Mahhdi (their Messiah in case you haven't heard that) will come on a white horse. There description of Mahhdi fits the antichrist to a T. Then they are expecting (and I believe they will, of course, fake this big time) for "Yahushua" to return and teach the world the "truth" that Islam is right about Him. It sounds like that one is to be the false prophet, whoever they come up with.

Just sharing with anyone else who may be interested. It always seems that knowing about the end times can help one be more prepared, through prayer and ever increasing obedience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sci_WFp8ec

Understand this~~You are standing before the throne in heaven, you are there with God.

These horses come out from the throne, right out of the kingdom of heaven.

11 Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 12 In a loud voice they were saying:

“Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!”

13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying:

“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!”

14 The four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped.

The Seals

6 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest

These images of Revelation demand that you go directly to Zechariah, because Zechariah is the foundation of this thought.

Does the Mahdi come forth from the throne of God?

I think the Mahdi and Islam could be included if one were to think that these spirits went out to bring strong delusion about all anti-christs, and the spirit of such.

But it cannot be pinpointed to any one person or prophet.

If it could be, then he is not the Mahdi, he is the Messiah of Babylon who everyone follows.

Revelation is a tale of two cities, 2 Messiahs that look alike and have the same name.

There are two worship systems, one of Jerusalem, and one of Babylon.

If it is antichrist, then it is the Messiah of Babylon, and its followers keep his ways, but at the same time, the people who follow the Messiah of Babylon are assembled at the temple of God, and they claim to worship the God of Israel.

The people who do this are given strong delusions to believe the lie, and its in this concept that I see the white horse going out with a bow and no arrows.

Meaning that he will conquer without arrows by causing a delusion, or a false security in believing a lie.

The spirit of Antiochus can be found in many believers, and this spirit of Antichrist stands against everything that is called of God or that is worshipped, as they sit in their temples standing against the law.

They are sitting in their own temples because they believe in the Messiah, and claim to have accepting him in their hearts.

But they are all temples, and all of them must decide as they sit in their temples.

In any case, this white horse is not particular to Islam at all, it is universal.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The white horse, and the spirit of antiMessiah, may not be unique to Islam, but there is no getting around the fact that they say their messiah, the Mahhdi, will come on a white horse. Too coincidental for my tastes. In fact, they flat out state that their Mahhdi is the guy in Revelation on the white horse.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
10245298_10152024623195868_4602352712872639157_n.jpg

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The "bow" of Revelation 6:2 is GSN#5115 "toxon" ("plant fabric" from the base of GSN#5088 "tikto") which probably concerns the bow string itself made from flax. Flax was also used to make linens. Bleached linens were also used for some of the Dead Sea Scrolls discovered at Qumran-Dammeseq. Perhaps this kind of David-Judah bow, (i.e. 2Sam.1:18) is a spiritual weapon of spiritual warfare similar to the machaira-spiritual-sword analogy found in the second horse of red which follows in Revelation 6:3-4. Yeshua says: "Think not that I am come to send peace upon the earth: I came not to send peace but a machaira-sword. For I am come to sever a man from his father, and the daughter from her mother, and the daughter in law from her mother in law. And the enemies of a man shall be those of his own household!" (Matthew 10:34-36 quoting from Micah 7:5-6). :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just pointing out that τόξον (toxon) means “bow.” It is an old word that comes all the way from classical Greek. I doubt that Koine speakers would ever have associated it with linen, thinking through some sort of etymological loops to bring it back to the word’s origins. They would have thought of the same thing that we think of – a weapon used to shoot arrows. Whether it comes from flax or something else, it simply means “bow.” There’s no need to go into these etymology spirals.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟112,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just pointing out that τόξον (toxon) means “bow.” It is an old word that comes all the way from classical Greek. I doubt that Koine speakers would ever have associated it with linen, thinking through some sort of etymological loops to bring it back to the word’s origins. They would have thought of the same thing that we think of – a weapon used to shoot arrows. Whether it comes from flax or something else, it simply means “bow.” There’s no need to go into these etymology spirals.

Yes, and Yochanan the Immerser would have known it well having been brought up at Qumran-Dammeseq. The reason it is important is because of the rhomphaia sword which is used in Revelation 6:8. This sword is only used of the one from whose mouth comes the double edged sword. Whether "double edged" is mentioned or not in the various passages the rhomphaia is always this same entity. Why then was Yochanan crying in the previous chapter if all of the seals are terrible physical disasters to come upon the earth? Would he truly be crying because a fourth of mankind was not going to be killed because no one was found worthy to open the sealed scroll? "Weep not Yochanan: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Yhuda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof, and kill the fourth part of man!" (just kidding of course but that is basically what we are unwittingly led to believe if we believe what most the modern shepherds teach when it comes to the book of the Revelation of Yeshua). This is apocalyptic writing, (a genre) and does not concern literal terrible, natural, physical disasters and physical destruction coming upon the whole global earth but rather these things concern good and necessary things in the walk of the life of every talmid of Yeshua from the time it was penned until now and beyond. Ever heard of a fiddle bow or a seed broadcaster with a fiddle bow? The sowers used to use them to sow seed in the corners of their fields. Everything must be understood to the "T" or the understanding will not be found. These things pertain to the Testimony of Yeshua and he expounds them in the Gospel accounts believe it or not, (most people do not).

The Logos-Word of YHWH is Living, powerful, and sharper than any two-edged machaira-sword: piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart, and the Logos-Word has/is the double edged rhomphaia-sword. The fourth horseman is given authority over a fourth part of the earth because that fourth part of the Parable of the Sower are only those hearts of the fertile earth-soil-ground-adamah who are willing to endure unto the end and place themselves under the Supreme authority of the Father at all costs. The fourth horseman has the "rhomphaia" sword which is used only of the double-edged sword which pierces and cuts to the heart and soul:

Revelation 6:8
8. And I looked, and behold a chloros horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, (GSN#4501 rhomphaia) and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Below are all of the usages of rhomphaia:

Luke 2:34-35
34. And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;
35. Yea, a sword (GSN#4501 rhomphaia) shall pierce through thy own soul also, that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

Revelation 1:16
16. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: (GSN#4501 rhomphaia) and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Revelation 2:12
12. And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword (GSN#4501 rhomphaia) with two edges;

Revelation 2:16
16. Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword (GSN#4501 rhomphaia) of my mouth.

Revelation 6:8
8. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, (GSN#4501 rhomphaia) and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Revelation 19:15
15. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, (GSN#4501 rhomphaia) that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Revelation 19:21
21. And the remnant were slain with the sword (GSN#4501 rhomphaia) of him that sat upon the horse, which proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Sheol and Abaddon, Death and Hell, are before YHWH:
How much more the HEARTS of the sons of men!

Proverbs 15:11
11. Sheol and Abaddon lie open before YHWH, how much more the hearts of the sons men!

Behold, a sower went forth to sow; a white horse with a bow, sowing the seed of the Word. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟112,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

:D So take it to another octave. The very first harp was undoubtedly the bow of an archer at rest: he sat with his bow in silence and added a string to experiment with its strength, perhaps then he noticed a difference in the sounds which were made and began to pluck them, and then added a third string in his experimental boredom. From thence were born the Kinnor and Nevel; from the three string, to the ten, to the twenty and two, (with eight precious stones) and all of them originating from the bow of a once mighty warrior. Once there was a king who fell out of favor with the Most High and was given over to an evil spirit that would come upon him and vex him from time to time. So his counselors said unto him: Let our lord now command his servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on the kinnor: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from the Most High is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well. And the king said unto his servants, Provide me now a man that can play well, and bring him to me. Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a young man that is cunning in playing, and a mighty and valiant man, even a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the Most High is with him. So the king sent messengers to the father of the young man bidding him let his son enter into the court of the king, (and likewise in a later day the upright young man would bade teach the sons of Yhudah the use of the bow). And it came to pass, when the evil spirit came over the king, that the young man took an harp, and played with his hand: so the king was refreshed, and was well, and the Asshurite spirit departed from him. Have you not heard how the Assyrian is defeated? You shall have a song, as in the night when a holy solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goes with a pipe to come into the mountain of the Most High, to the mighty One of Yisrael. Behold, the Most High shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall show the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones. For through the voice of the Most High shall the Assyrian which smote with the rod be beaten down. And with every passage of the appointed staff, which the Most High shall lay upon him, it shall be with tabrets and harps: and in battles of waves will he war with him. For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; he hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the Most High like a stream of brimstone kindles it. But to what shall this generation likewise be likened? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling to their fellows, and saying, We have piped unto you, and you have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and you have not lamented. :) :scratch:

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
The white horse, and the spirit of antiMessiah, may not be unique to Islam, but there is no getting around the fact that they say their messiah, the Mahhdi, will come on a white horse. Too coincidental for my tastes. In fact, they flat out state that their Mahhdi is the guy in Revelation on the white horse.

Muslims don't believe in Revelation of John, so that's doubtful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
:D So take it to another octave. The very first harp was undoubtedly the bow of an archer at rest: he sat with his bow in silence and added a string to experiment with its strength, perhaps then he noticed a difference in the sounds which were made and began to pluck them, and then added a third string in his experimental boredom. From thence were born the Kinnor and Nevel; from the three string, to the ten, to the twenty and two, (with eight precious stones) and all of them originating from the bow of a once mighty warrior. Once there was a king who fell out of favor with the Most High and was given over to an evil spirit that would come upon him and vex him from time to time. So his counselors said unto him: Let our lord now command his servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on the kinnor: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from the Most High is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well. And the king said unto his servants, Provide me now a man that can play well, and bring him to me. Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a young man that is cunning in playing, and a mighty and valiant man, even a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the Most High is with him. So the king sent messengers to the father of the young man bidding him let his son enter into the court of the king, (and likewise in a later day the upright young man would bade teach the sons of Yhudah the use of the bow). And it came to pass, when the evil spirit came over the king, that the young man took an harp, and played with his hand: so the king was refreshed, and was well, and the Asshurite spirit departed from him. Have you not heard how the Assyrian is defeated? You shall have a song, as in the night when a holy solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goes with a pipe to come into the mountain of the Most High, to the mighty One of Yisrael. Behold, the Most High shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall show the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones. For through the voice of the Most High shall the Assyrian which smote with the rod be beaten down. And with every passage of the appointed staff, which the Most High shall lay upon him, it shall be with tabrets and harps: and in battles of waves will he war with him. For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; he hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the Most High like a stream of brimstone kindles it. But to what shall this generation likewise be likened? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling to their fellows, and saying, We have piped unto you, and you have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and you have not lamented. :) :scratch:

Auditioning for becoming a Mormon prophet eh ?

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟112,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Auditioning for becoming a Mormon prophet eh ?

Cannot tell you anything about the Mormons but I can tell you that those things come from the Hebrew Scriptures and a certain understanding thereof. But of course the Talmud will not explain the Revelation of Yeshua so I suppose I can see why some may have mistaken such things for Mormonismas, (<-- spelling please? GlennB where are you when we need you?). :)

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
This is apocalyptic writing, (a genre) and does not concern literal terrible, natural, physical disasters and physical destruction coming upon the whole global earth but rather these things concern good and necessary things in the walk of the life of every talmid of Yeshua from the time it was penned until now and beyond. Ever heard of a fiddle bow or a seed broadcaster with a fiddle bow? The sowers used to use them to sow seed in the corners of their fields. Everything must be understood to the "T" or the understanding will not be found. These things pertain to the Testimony of Yeshua and he expounds them in the Gospel accounts believe it or not, (most people do not).

This is what I am always saying.

We are looking at the workings inside people when looking at Revelation.

A third of the t6rees are not trees, a third of the waters are not waters, the creatures in the waters are not fish. All the green grass is not grass. There is a pit inside people that will be opened, not in the sea.

It just goes on like that, and when the water turns to blood, what has happened?

''And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.''

But there is no way to relate this is there Daq?

I mean to people who think it's literal.

Reactions: daq
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟112,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is what I am always saying.

We are looking at the workings inside people when looking at Revelation.

A third of the t6rees are not trees, a third of the waters are not waters, the creatures in the waters are not fish. All the green grass is not grass. There is a pit inside people that will be opened, not in the sea.

It just goes on like that, and when the water turns to blood, what has happened?

''And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.''

But there is no way to relate this is there Daq?

I mean to people who think it's literal.

Yes, yes, and as for relating it all we can do is attempt to relate it in the way that the Father has given us each to relate it. Just be sure that every time you open the mouth of your well the sun and the air do not become darkened with thick black smoke like the smoke from the great iron furnace of Egypt because it is only your own sun and your own air about you which will be darkened, (and from that smoke come the legions of the locusts of terrible things). Every man has his own keys to his house, (and the house is no more our own when we enter into the Yeshua faithfulness). We are likened unto the porter of the door of the house while the Master is "away in a far journey". If you take your keys and open up the cellar doors then why be surprised when another climbs up into your sheep pen by some other way? ^_^

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Poor lonely Daq.

French can find French to speak to, and those who speak Farsi can have their friends, but poor Daq all alone speaking ecstasy has to speak to himself cause he can't find nobody else that speaks it.

Face it Daq, All you got is me, and I'm not fluent, besides, I can't even say, '' shibboleth.''

Upvote 0