Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The whistleblower who filed a complaint with the intelligence community inspector general did not have direct knowledge of the communications between President Trump and the foreign leader in question.

Whistleblower 'didn’t have direct knowledge of the communications' between Trump and Ukraine

All this is based of something that they heard from someone. No direct knowledge.
Looks like Trump has already confirmed there’s truth in this story. And Giuliano! Looking forward to see what comes out of the investigation.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,135.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Point of interest here -

This President spends an average of 20 to 90 min with the press on a consistent basis; answering a wide variety of questions - never uses notes or a teleprompter - and the narrative of his inability to speak is used consistently.

While his predecessor seldom spoke without teleprompter and often turned his back or just waved at the press as he left the White House is somehow an eloquent speaker.

go figure.

Interesting external viewpoin here:
As a foreign reporter visiting the US I was stunned by Trump's press conference | Lenore Taylor

"But watching a full presidential Trump press conference while visiting the US this week I realised how much the reporting of Trump necessarily edits and parses his words, to force it into sequential paragraphs or impose meaning where it is difficult to detect."

Trump’s raging incoherence is obvious to anybody who’s listened to his unedited speech for any length of time, and even when you parse the ramblings, the substance of what he’s trying to communicate is frequently dim-witted and juvenile. I don’t think Obama is a terribly eloquent speaker, but he’s certainly an intelligent one and anybody who can’t see the difference between the two of them doesn’t know what they’re listening for.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So an 'administration official' is telling us that the whistleblower complaint they don't want us to see is just gossip and therefore not worth us being allowed to see (despite the Inspector General examining the complaint and finding it valid)?

Seems legit..

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So an 'administration official' is telling us that the whistleblower complaint they don't want us to see is just gossip and therefore not worth us being allowed to see (despite the Inspector General examining the complaint and finding it valid)?

Seems legit..
That's what they're saying today. Tomorrow? Anyone's guess.

That's how you know that they're being 100% forthright and honest. /s

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He wasn't on the call. I guess that makes that a rumor.

Rumor, heresay. Same thing.

I heard someone say.......

No direct evidence unless the actual person on the call comes forward.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Mueller testifies.

The next day, the president requests that the Ukraine money be delayed.

A week later, Trump 8 times makes the request/plea that Ukraine investigate idea and his son. Trump did NOT ask that this information be communicated to the CIA or the FBI. He asked that the information be sent to his personal lawyer and henchman, Giuliani.

There is no need for proof that there is a quid pro quo. Trump's request had the intent of furthering his campaign. That alone is an abuse of power.
====
As an aside, how should Ukraine who is in a war against Russia interpret a request by the president of the country that has the military strength to keep Ukraine from being overrun by Russia.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, Trump has admitted what has come put out so far. There needs to be a call for the transcripts AND the whilseblower complaint. Of course, that would (as of now) send to the 8 top security folks in the House and Senate.

However, we may go further is at 4PM when the Pelosi is likely to name a Select Committee to investigate impeachment. This would be brought to the House floor.

Yes, there is an open question with regard as to which articles are eventually approved bye the committee and sent to the House. In the past, some of the articles were passed in committee, some were defeated. The Ukraine situation would pass as a separate article.

The Committee will need to separate immoral and wrong actions from impeachable actions. So, for example, all the statements with regard to racism will NOT be sent to the House; it is likely to be defeated in committee. Foreign money going to the president is one possible article. Not cooperating with Congress is abuse of power (as has been found in the past). Obstruction is also clear. Lying under oath, including Mueller and banking institutions is another article. That's plenty.
====
Another approach is to ONLY include the Ukraine issue, foreign monies coming to the president through his companies, and refusal to provide information on these issues.

At this point, Trump has largely admitted the substance of the rumors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Adam Schiff:

We have been informed by the whistleblower’s counsel that their client would like to speak to our committee and has requested guidance from the Acting DNI as to how to do so.

We‘re in touch with counsel and look forward to the whistleblower’s testimony as soon as this week.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The whistleblower who filed a complaint with the intelligence community inspector general did not have direct knowledge of the communications between President Trump and the foreign leader in question.

Whistleblower 'didn’t have direct knowledge of the communications' between Trump and Ukraine

All this is based of something that they heard from someone. No direct knowledge.

Even the “Gang of Eight” doesn’t know the identity of the whistleblower , but Washington Examiner knows he/s heard a rumor! Go figure!

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And now, the Senate has invited the whistleblower before their (very bi-partisan) intelligence committee.

Trump has decided to release the transcript of the phone call (only a part of the whistleblower's information).

Pelosi has indicated (a couple of hours ago) that she has waiting for information, and now she had enough. She is meeting with Democratic leaders now, and will speak at 5.

I expect that she will announce a "Select Committee" rather than simply giving the responsibility to one of the existing committees. I would hope that there would be a House vote tomorrow the would authorize an impeachment inquiry.

Adam Schiff:

We have been informed by the whistleblower’s counsel that their client would like to speak to our committee and has requested guidance from the Acting DNI as to how to do so.

We‘re in touch with counsel and look forward to the whistleblower’s testimony as soon as this week.

Even the “Gang of Eight” doesn’t know the identity of the whistleblower , but Washington Examiner knows he/s heard a rumor! Go figure!

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Rather than rely on your word, hislegacy, I would rather be able to listen to the transcript (the View pointed out that a written transcript might redact the most damaging information, considering that the Attorney General seems to place the good of the president over the good of the nation).
None of us knows what the whistleblower knew. I know that the DOJ became suspicious when Donald Trump "delayed" aid to Ukraine, $400 million authorized by Congress, a week before he spoke with the Ukranian president.
Probably the Ukranian president asked, "Where is the $400 million authorized by Congress that was promised to help us maintain our independence?" And Trump said........
No question mark is necessary--I think we can assume what Trump said as he stumbled through the art of the deal, not a deal to benefit the U.S., but a deal to benefit himself personally.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It has just been announced the Senate will vote UNANIMOUSLY to request that the whistleblo=wer complaint be turned over to the Senate Intelligence Committee (a remarkably bi-partisan) committee.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
At this point, Trump has largely admitted the substance of the rumors.
Plus, he did the same thing on live TV a while back. It isn't as if this sort of behavior is a stretch to believe or anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Another approach is to ONLY include the Ukraine issue, foreign monies coming to the president through his companies, and refusal to provide information on these issues.

Anyone know what came of this from earlier in the year : https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...bf2692-5cc1-11e9-9625-01d48d50ef75_story.html

An American political consultant whose guilty plea marked the first confirmation that illegal foreign money was used to help fund Donald Trump’s inaugural committee was sentenced to probation Friday by a federal judge who cited his cooperation with U.S. prosecutors.W. Samuel Patten, 47, in August admitted steering $50,000 from a pro-Russian Ukrainian politician to Trump’s committee ...

I mean, the obvious connection is help convicting Donald's campaign chairman of various crimes. But I can't help but wonder if there's more to the story that relates to this current hiccup Donald is having related to Ukraine.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Rather than rely on your word, hislegacy, I would rather be able to listen to the transcript (the View pointed out that a written transcript might redact the most damaging information, considering that the Attorney General seems to place the good of the president over the good of the nation).

Well, it isn't as if a president has ever gotten his hand slapped for doctoring a recording of a sensitive conversation.

Or at the very least no one tell Donald that. Part of the fun of surprises is experiencing them for yourself.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Mueller testifies.

The next day, the president requests that the Ukraine money be delayed.

A week later, Trump 8 times makes the request/plea that Ukraine investigate idea and his son. Trump did NOT ask that this information be communicated to the CIA or the FBI. He asked that the information be sent to his personal lawyer and henchman, Giuliani.

There is no need for proof that there is a quid pro quo. Trump's request had the intent of furthering his campaign. That alone is an abuse of power.
The best summary of this I've seen so far is at least Nixon tried to cover-up Watergate. Donald can't even manage to attempt that, but instead has his people admit that it happened.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I heard it's not a transcript. I heard it's someone listening in and making notes of the salient points of the conversation. The criminal mind doesn't overtly pressure people, it says things using subtlety, for example "I will make him an offer he can't refuse" (From the God Father movie). The pressure can be cloaked in words that can later be claimed to be misinterpreted. Trump's going to leave open the possibility that he was just trying to uncover corruption incriminating Joe Biden.

The fact is, Trump has already said that he asked Zelensky to "look into the Biden thing", so I don't know what more the transcript would need to reveal. And if it is note taking and not an actual transcript, then it's limited as any concrete reliable evidence. Trump's own words that he did solicit a foreign leader to look into corruption by his political opponent is already illegal behavior just like Mueller has said in sworn testimony. And Trump knows this because he has been warned. This man continues to push all legal boundaries with impunity.

FEC Chair: It's Illegal To Accept Election Help From Foreign Governments

Last edited:
Upvote 0