Jan 29, 2010
✟838,198.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I suggest that folks watch the story as it develops.

Apparently a whistleblower reported something as he should regarding a promise made to Ukraine regarding a promise made by Trump to them. Trump has taken away lots of their military aid (as Putin wanted) and apparently has asked the new president to investigate Biden. PLEASE, don't ask ME for proof. Simply use your own trusted sources and watch this story as it continues.
=======
As an aside, Trump's folks have argued in state court today that no one has the right to investigate Trump while he is in office. The case was about tax returns.
=======

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suggest that folks watch the story as it develops.

Apparently a whistleblower reported something as he should regarding a promise made to Ukraine regarding a promise made by Trump to them. Trump has taken away lots of their military aid (as Putin wanted) and apparently has asked the new president to investigate Biden. PLEASE, don't ask ME for proof. Simply use your own trusted sources and watch this story as it continues.
=======
As an aside, Trump's folks have argued in state court today that no one has the right to investigate Trump while he is in office. The case was about tax returns.
=======
Mark, you may want to add this info. to the older, longer thread about this. Thanks for the info.
DNI whistleblower investigation takes a new turn

• Useful
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
PLEASE, don't ask ME for proof. Simply use your own trusted sources and watch this story as it continues.
=======
=======

I checked with Fox News, RT, and Breitbart. Nothing. Zilch.

Rush and Alex Jones also had nothing to say.

I believe this just might be another Liberal Fake News story…

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps the Ukraine should have thought about this before accepting military aid from the US. What the US can give, the US can take away...
Should have thought about what, exactly?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Whether to accept military aid from the US.

Because they should have realised that the aid would be used to coerce them into working for Trump’s political ends...??

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Whether to accept military aid from the US.
What? That's a bit circular. They should have thought about whether to accept military aid before accepting military aid? What makes you think they did not?

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Because they should have realised that the aid would be used to coerce them into working for Trump’s political ends...??

Surely they didn't think that it was charity? When accepted aid, did it not occur that something might be asked of them in return? Quid pro quo and all that...

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Surely they didn't think that it was charity? When accepted aid, did it not occur that something might be asked of them in return? Quid pro quo and all that...

Ummmm....this might come as something as a shock to you, especially since it’s a foreigner that has to explain it, but for the sitting President of the United States to bargain his nation’s security to have a foreign leader conspire against the President’s political opponents...is a crime of the highest order...!

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,423,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can't help what you believe, the Democrats and their propaganda wing called the main stream media will say and do anything to try and get rid of President Trump, they accuse the President of the very things they are guilty of....just like you're doing.

Do you believe the DNI should follow the law?

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,939.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Obviously the DNI employee must have felt this information was extremely serious--he was risking his career and his life's work by becoming a whistleblower, and, as anyone who follows this administration knows, the Attorney General is best known for trying to bury the Mueller Report and keep all of Trump's misdeeds under the radar.

What a risk he took! If I knew that if the person I would be reporting to would be someone I couldn't trust, I don't think I would take a risk like that. Look at the persecution the two FBI employees received for texts that said nothing more than what most of the other employees were thinking...

With all of the brouhaha about Rep. Omar's taking the oath of office on the Koran, I am absolutely certain she takes it seriously.

I am much more concerned about the 199 Republican Congress representatives and 53 Republican Senators who took the oath of office on the Bible. How much did that oath mean to them? Why aren't they performing their oversight responsibilities? They read the Mueller report, and they didn't even allocate additional funds for election security (knowing the lack thereof had been to their advantage in 2016.)

I am a Democrat and I certainly hope that if we ever had a Democratic president with 10% of the serious accusations Trump has received that my representatives would hold him accountable.

It is not as Trump would be replaced by a Democrat if he left office in 2019 or 2020. He would be replaced by Pence. What are they afraid of (other than the wrath of Trump's true believers, who are shrinking but vociferous...)

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Ummmm....this might come as something as a shock to you, especially since it’s a foreigner that has to explain it, but for the sitting President of the United States to bargain his nation’s security to have a foreign leader conspire against the President’s political opponents...is a crime of the highest order...!

Does Trump have the authority to give the aid? Yes.

Does he have the authority to withhold it? Yes.

If he gives it, is he obligated to give it for nothing? No.

His nation’s security? It concerns military aid to a murderous regime which is so utterly unworthy of our sympathy, let alone our aid. Yet the scandal is not that we give it, but that we have the audacity to ask for something in return! Especially considering that it was placed in power by a US backed coup!

• Agree
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This is how President Trump’s support consume these news ( including members of this forum)

First they ignore it as long as possible. When thing get little more clear and they can’t ignore it , they start calling Fake News and liberal media. When that doesn’t work , then they attack the source , in this case the “Whistleblower” , he/s is deep state, anti-American, democrats, Clinton supporter . Then when that doesn’t work , they find alternative story - in this case “ VP’s son Hunter” , that is the real story. And other story like Bangazi, email.. Obama, Clinton. By then they remove the original story that a sitting US president using his power and US economic and military might to force foreign leader to find dirt against his political opponent. Case closed.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Does Trump have the authority to give the aid? Yes.

Does he have the authority to withhold it? Yes.

If he gives it, is he obligated to give it for nothing? No.

His nation’s security? It concerns military aid to a murderous regime which is so utterly unworthy of our sympathy, let alone our aid. Yet the scandal is not that we give it, but that we have the audacity to ask for something in return! Especially considering that it was placed in power by a US backed coup!

What is this “we”...?

If what Trump and Giuliani have said and the reporting is correct, then there’s no “we” in this. Trump has traded an element of his national security strategy to benefit HIS personal political ends...!

Not only has he repeated what Mueller found (welcoming the interference of foreign influence in an election), this time he’s demanded it...!

The hypocrisy is staggering...

Upvote 0