The Wheels of Justice Grind Slowly

Which prosecutor will be the first to try the Former Guy?

• None - it isn't going to happen

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Special Counsel Jack Smith

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Fulton County DA Fani Willis

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • NY AG Letitia James

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Wrong thread.

My apologies, but the time for this reply was 1 page and about 3 of your posts ago. I mean, you addressed it lol...don't insinuate it's a bunch of white supremacists and then say "wrong thread" when I post smart black people coming out on the supposed side of the "white supremacists".

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟190,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Banking crisis, runaway inflation, brink of world war, using law enforcement against political opponents, incarcerating people without due process (Jan 6) accusing concerned parent of being terrorists. How many more would you like?
Do you have anything related to reality or Joe Biden?

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟190,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe I should shop where you buy groceries. Oh, can you tell me where I can get a good affordable housing loan.
You got a problem with the free market setting prices? Do you hate capitalism?

Really do you really believe this economy is not in peril?
I see no reason to think it is. Strong job creation and strong GDP growth and record corporate profits.
What about those failing banks that Joe wants to make those Chinese investor whole that far exceeded the $250,000 FDIC limit. Maybe you should look again at this economy.
We already established that the economy is strong (see above).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My apologies, but the time for this reply was 1 page and about 3 of your posts ago. I mean, you addressed it lol...don't insinuate it's a bunch of white supremacists and then say "wrong thread" when I post smart black people coming out on the supposed side of the "white supremacists".
Please stop derailing this thread.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I see no reason to think it is. Strong job creation and strong GDP growth and record corporate profits.

We already established that the economy is strong (see above).
I don't think you have established anything.

Rule #1 don't trust government statistics . Have you ever heard of the "misery index."

Housing sales down.

New jobs are not high wage jobs.

"Leisure and hospitality
added 128,000 jobs, the most of any sector, up from the average of 89,000 in 2022, but still remains below pre-pandemic levels by 495,000 jobs. Food services and drinking places led the way, adding 99,000 jobs."

Grocery price are not down. the article does mention overall inflation slightly down to 6.5% not exactly a bragging number.

Bank failures.

At least 2 this year. If you think that will be all I have a deal on a bridge for you

Some slight recovery from a near catastrophe is not exactly a strong economy.
We could go on with this list but cherry picking stats is not going too make a strong economy out of this mess.

Some Gov. officials and many in the MSM will agree with a rosy assessment but the every day Joe thinks this all is well with this economy propaganda is nuts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Rule #1 don't trust government statistics . Have you ever heard of the "misery index."

Housing sales down.

"Leisure and hospitality
added 128,000 jobs, the most of any sector, up from the average of 89,000 in 2022, but still remains below pre-pandemic levels by 495,000 jobs. Food services and drinking places led the way, adding 99,000 jobs."

Grocery price are not down. the article does mention overall inflation slightly down to 6.5% not exactly a bragging number.

Bank failures.

At least 2 this year. If you think that will be all I have a deal on a bridge for you

Some slight recovery from a near catastrophe is not exactly a strong economy.
We could go on with this list but cherry picking stats is not going too make a strong economy out of this mess.

Some Gov. officials and many in the MSM will agree with a rosy assessment but the every day Joe thinks this all is well with this economy propaganda is nuts.
You may want to read your articles.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
You may want to be specific. I am not sure you read them.
The point of raising rates was to slow the economy given inflation, that includes housing because "Housing costs are a main reason inflation is still high" . Why? Because we just experienced this, "The housing market is so hot buyers are paying $1 million over asking price" What the article indicates is, it's working. Yet despite that, the economy hasn't cooled enough.

Your other article regarding on why groceries are so expensive notes, to quote:

Analysts say that there’s no straight answer on when grocery prices will drop as it relies on a number of factors, including post-pandemic consumer demand, ongoing supply chain shortages, geopolitical events such as the war in Ukraine, and unstable weather patterns.​
A dozen grade A eggs cost, on average, $4.25 in December—making it the grocery stable with the largest year-over-year price increase. This is largely attributed to the ongoing avian bird flu epidemic, in which nearly 58 million birds have been infected as of January 6—the deadliest outbreak in U.S. history.​
Chicken meat prices have also increased by 10.9% from the year prior as a result of the avian flu. Farmers have since tried to increase production, and USDA data shows certain cuts are seeing decreased prices.​
Dairy farmers say extreme heat and smaller cow herds—the result of pandemic financial struggles—are the main reasons behind the price increase for butter. Higher energy and fertilizer costs are also impacting how much Americans are paying for butter.​
Fresh fruits and vegetables have also seen price increases, though lettuce is undoubtedly the biggest culprit, increasing 24.9% in the last twelve months. Romaine lettuce costs just over 9% more than it did a year ago.​
Dry weather conditions and an insect-borne virus have damaged crops in California’s Salinas Valley, where much of the country’s lettuce is grown in the winter months.​
What I read here from your article is demand, the bird flu, and weather as why groceries store prices are so expensive. Yes, the job numbers coming out of covid where the jobs that pandemic effected the most were jobs within leisure and hospitality. One shouldn't be surprised of the rebound that is still occurring.

• Informative
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟190,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Rule #1 don't trust government statistics .

That's how the economy is measured.

That's how unemployment is measured.

Grocery price are not down.
Free markets at work generating record profits.

the article does mention overall inflation slightly down to 6.5% not exactly a bragging number.
Free markets at work; supply and demand.

Bank failures.
Sentence fragments.
Sounds like you want more regulations to interfere with the free markets, is that correct?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To be fair I would hate anyone with Trump's traits.
Even fairer would be if a former president (or anyone else) didn't have to be harassed and threatened with endless investigations and lawsuits and possibility of jail time just because people hate their traits.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Even fairer would be if a former president (or anyone else) didn't have to be harassed and threatened with endless investigations and lawsuits and possibility of jail time just because people hate their traits.
But his traits ARE why there is all the investigations. If he was a good person they wouldn’t happen.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But his traits ARE why there is all the investigations. If he was a good person they wouldn’t happen.
Actual his traits are not the real reason he has been investigated ever since he ran for president. Trump has endured constant legal, political and media harassment. I believe it all is because Trump is not a politician in the Washington DC mold. Many just say he is a criminal or worse but so far nothing has really stuck. Is Trump a perfect man ? Absolutely not the last one of those was crucified on a cross and rose from the dead. I am amazed and saddened that it seems so fashionable with many to hate Trump ,convict him of crimes by word only. Will someone answer the question what is the establishment so afraid of ? No political figure has been so attacked in my life time or maybe in the history of this country as has Trump. Why is that? He is not the devil incarnate! IMO there are many more conniving, crooked and yes evil politicians in our government. Trump loves this country and only wants the best for it or why else would he endure all of this venom and still be standing and fighting? He does not to endure this for money, he already has that. He didn't collude with the Russians but others have and get a pass, he didn't collude with the Chinese but others have and get a pass.If there is any justice in this world He will be the next President.

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟242,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Actual his traits are not the real reason he has been investigated ever since he ran for president. Trump has endured constant legal, political and media harassment. I believe it all is because Trump is not a politician in the Washington DC mold. Many just say he is a criminal or worse but so far nothing has really stuck. Is Trump a perfect man ? Absolutely not the last one of those was crucified on a cross and rose from the dead. I am amazed and saddened that it seems so fashionable with many to hate Trump ,convict him of crimes by word only. Will someone answer the question what is the establishment so afraid of ? No political figure has been so attacked in my life time or maybe in the history of this country as has Trump. Why is that? He is not the devil incarnate! IMO there are many more conniving, crooked and yes evil politicians in our government. Trump loves this country and only wants the best for it or why else would he endure all of this venom and still be standing and fighting? He does not to endure this for money, he already has that. He didn't collude with the Russians but others have and get a pass, he didn't collude with the Chinese but others have and get a pass.If there is any justice in this world He will be the next President.
I think Trump's daily stream of mistruths and nutty conspiracy theories had something to do with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟242,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Care to give any examples of this charge?
Examples of his mistruths? All politicians tell mistruths. The problem wasn't so much that he told mistruths, it was the stunning rate of them. Every single day during his presidency. I heard them myself. I was paying attention. And I'm a centrist. I don't have an anti-Republican bias. Here's one of many articles on the rate of mistruths:

• Informative
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Examples of his mistruths? All politicians tell mistruths. The problem wasn't so much that he told mistruths, it was the stunning rate of them. Every single day during his presidency. I heard them myself. I was paying attention. And I'm a centrist. I don't have an anti-Republican bias. Here's one of many articles on the rate of mistruths:

This responds gets a F for answering the question. While it charged Trump with numerous lies it failed to mention even one specific lie. The article was all numbers and graphs from a so called “academic” but absolutely not one specific.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟105,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here's a few lowlights from his grievance filled rant in Waco. It doesn't even include him relating yet another "Sir! with tears in his eyes" bogus tale.
This hit piece gets a D+ it at least has some specific charges in it . Some charges of lies were against opinions that are held by millions of people and hardly qualify as lies. Some relied on technical analysis and nit picking specifically the Jerusalem issue. Not to mention the fact many previous presidents made the same promise but none delivered except Trump. Was Trump a saint who always got every number correct? Of course not he made misstatements like everyone before and AFTER him. But the charge he was the most prolific liar of ALL time is itself a lie.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟242,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
This responds gets a F for answering the question. While it charged Trump with numerous lies it failed to mention even one specific lie. The article was all numbers and graphs from a so called “academic” but absolutely not one specific.
Because that's not the point of the article. We all (except maybe you) knows that trump spouts mistruths on a regular basis. We've heard him.

Things like:
"We're the highest taxed nation in the world." (Repeated many times.)
"Nobody has ever heard of a [category] five [hurricane] hitting land."
"When you look at the city with the strongest gun laws in the nation, it's Chicago."
"I was able to reduce the price of the Lockheed by billions of dollars."
"We have trade deficits with almost every country because we had a lot of really bad negotiators making deals with other countries."
Etc etc, it's a very long list.
Claiming early in the pandemic that COVID-19 would vanish soon, despite all evidence to the contrary.
Claiming widespread voter fraud cost him the 2020 election.
Claiming he won the popular vote in his elections.
Claiming that no one was less racist than him.
Claiming that he knew more about a particular subject than the experts (like military generals).
And lets not forget the claims that he was the best president ever, maybe besides Lincoln.
Etc etc.

It's all just so blatant. If you think he doesn't tell mistruths, then there's really no point in trying to communicate with you.

Upvote 0