The Wheels of Justice Grind Slowly

Which prosecutor will be the first to try the Former Guy?

• None - it isn't going to happen

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Special Counsel Jack Smith

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Fulton County DA Fani Willis

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • NY AG Letitia James

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are currently four major investigations into the alleged misdeeds of the former guy: NY AG Letitia James for civil financial fraud (trial date set for Oct 2023), Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg for for hush money to Stormy Daniels as well as other financial misdeeds, Fulton County DA Fani Willis for election interference and, of course, Special Counsel Jack Smith for interference with the lawful transfer of power, and related Jan 6 matters, and Mar-A-Lago document stealing and obstruction of justice

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There are currently four major investigations into the alleged misdeeds of the former guy: NY AG Letitia James for civil financial fraud (trial date set for Oct 2023), Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg for for hush money to Stormy Daniels as well as other financial misdeeds, Fulton County DA Fani Willis for election interference and, of course, Special Counsel Jack Smith for interference with the lawful transfer of power, and related Jan 6 matters, and Mar-A-Lago document stealing and obstruction of justice

More importantly, and appropriately, who will be the first one to tie his hands behind his back and throw him in a pond to see if he floats?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
More importantly, and appropriately, who will be the first one to tie his hands behind his back and throw him in a pond to see if he floats?
As the descendant and three Salem victims, this allusion is offensive. Not because my grandmothers were innocent, but because Donald isn't.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
As the descendant and three Salem victims, this allusion is offensive. Not because my grandmothers were innocent, but because Donald isn't.

There is no one who isn't guilty of something. "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime". Notice that "the man" comes first, then the crime. We don't investigate people, we investigate crimes. But this has gone on long enough that "novel legal theories" are being explored, i.e., "it's not really a crime but I can make it sound like one".

I hope no one ever does that to you.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no one who isn't guilty of something. "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime". Notice that "the man" comes first, then the crime. We don't investigate people, we investigate crimes. But this has gone on long enough that "novel legal theories" are being explored, i.e., "it's not really a crime but I can make it sound like one".

Have you even looked at any of the evidence?

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you even looked at any of the evidence?
Evidence is not worth considering until it has been challenged and proven to be fact. Many people do not seem to understand the difference between evidence and assertions.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is that so? What crime has he been convicted of?? OR are we now to assume people are guilty until they prove they are innocent?

Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟100,530.00
Faith
Seeker
There is no one who isn't guilty of something. "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime". Notice that "the man" comes first, then the crime. We don't investigate people, we investigate crimes.
I do think that is relevant to the "exotic" case , I don't think it applies when you tell election officials to find votes because there is evidence the election was stolen when the evidence based on a clearly deranged person that says :"they have no head, I talk to ghosts and time travel" and you make many tweets attacking the election officials for not doing anything despite there being clear and massive evidence of fraud.

I find it pretty strange that you make the comment after talking about witch trials, Is it appropriate to bring up the fact witches were guilty of something?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

That was a lovely string of trite platitudes and quips, but they don't change the fact that there is witch hunt with Donald. He's a serial criminal.

That truth might hurt, but it is the truth.

As for myself, I'm not worried because I don't put myself into a position to obstruct justice, engage in tax fraud, launder Russian money, steal documents, try to send fake electors, ask Secretaries of State to just find me 11,700 votes or foment insurrection. I'm not worried at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Evidence is not worth considering until it has been challenged and proven to be fact.
I disagree. Evidence should be considered even if tentatively. Any given piece of evidence in isolation of other evidence, may or may not rise to the level of proof. Quite often, it is the totality of evidence that leads to a conclusion.

Many people do not seem to understand the difference between evidence and assertions.
More people don't seem to understand that assertions may be a weak form of evidence, such as a bald assertion from a habitual liar, or a stronger form such as testimony under oath concerning one's direct knowledge. Nor do they seem to understand that evidence may be proof or that even when it is not, it can form the basis of a conclusion.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That was a lovely string of trite platitudes and quips, but they don't change the fact that there is witch hunt with Donald. He's a serial criminal.

That truth might hurt, but it is the truth.

As for myself, I'm not worried because I don't put myself into a position to obstruct justice, engage in tax fraud, launder Russian money, steal documents, try to send fake electors, ask Secretaries of State to just find me 11,700 votes or foment insurrection. I'm not worried at all.

If Donald Trump is a "serial criminal" what crimes precisely does he serially commit? Murder? Extortion? What? So far he's only suspected of hyper-interpretive counts of faulty recordkeeping.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If Donald Trump is a "serial criminal" what crimes precisely does he serially commit? Murder? Extortion? What? So far he's only suspected of hyper-interpretive counts of faulty recordkeeping.
If the crimes listed in my second paragraph are unfamiliar to you, I suggest you might try different sources for your news, as your current choices are doing you a disservice.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sexual assault, fraud, money laundering, obstruction of justice. The election interference/insurrection was not serial.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Looks like Bragg is getting ready to arrest, indict and try Donald John Trump.

Law enforcement officials in New York are making security preparations for the possibility that former President Donald Trump could be indicted in the coming weeks and appear in a Manhattan courtroom in an investigation examining hush money paid to women who alleged sexual encounters with him, four law enforcement officials said Friday.

There has been no public announcement of any timeframe for the grand jury’s secret work, including any potential vote on whether to indict the ex-president.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sexual assault, fraud, money laundering, obstruction of justice. The election interference/insurrection was not serial.
He's already admitted to committing fraud with Trump University and Trump Foundation.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
He's already admitted to committing fraud with Trump University and Trump Foundation.
I do not recall of any Trump entity ever admitting to “wrong doing”; only paid back (some money).

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Trump says he expects to be arrested Tuesday

Former President Donald Trump said Saturday he expects to be arrested in connection with the investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney next week and called for protests as New York law enforcement prepares for a possible indictment.

In a social media post on Saturday, Trump, referring to himself, said the “leading Republican candidate and former president of the United States will be arrested on Tuesday of next week.”

“Protest, take our nation back,” he wrote.

Some of Trump’s advisers had urged him privately not to call for protests, concerned about the optics of a mass protest in the streets of Manhattan growing out of control or resembling the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol.

--

Spring is sprung, the grass is riz.
I wonder where the Donald is.

Upvote 0