Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Our church is just about to send a second team on a mission trip which is very exciting.. 22 people are going to Northern Thailand and they will be helping to build a new dental clinic amongst other things!!

A very good friend of mine from my bible study.. A single mother is going and only tonight told me that her pass port which was tied up in red tape will get here in 2 weeks.. So she can go!! Praise God \0/ Her ticket was fully paid for by church members/family and her ex husband is having the children for the entire time.. so she is free to go.. And very excited about going too!!

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
I really meant in terms of interactions with local community, not that those things aren't good. I really wanted to know how the different denominations are spreading the gospel to the community.
I don't know about where he is, but the "World Youth Day" cross events did a very good job of proclaiming the gospel around here.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
I thought world youth day was next year? or am I mistaken? What's the day when the pope is coming over here?

What exactly was world youth day anyway?
I'm not sure exactly when the Pope is in Sydney, but the cross and icon have been zig-zagging around Australia for a couple of months by now.

Upvote 0

foxsta

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti Amen
Supporter
Jun 15, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟47,395.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Yeah, WYD is next year, but the cross is going all around Aus leading up to it. Well, it was processed through the night-clubbing streets of Adelaide one Friday night to get the word out to the youth and when it came to our parish, it brought all the surrounding parishes together as well as some youth from interstate which is not that common here. It has had a profound effect here and its all about getting the word and Word out to the community. We also held a youth retreat where anyone from years 7 to the age of 30 could come that weren't in the group and from that, I know some have been moved to try it out again on a regular Sunday night

Upvote 0