Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Remember that funny looking guy , the one with the wild red wig that used to hang out in camera range in the End Zones Of NFL Football Games? I have not seen the guy for a few years— I hope he is doing well! His “thing” was to hold up a sign that had “ John3:16” written on it —- he sat right in the background where he would be visible when one the Teams was kicking an attempted Field Goal —-there for the entire World to see.What a great message to get out to the World ! It is One of the first verses we learn in Sunday School and I am sure that it lead many to Jesus. A great verse.....I would never think about “ knocking” it.I just wonder sometimes——- what sign would “ I” hold up if I could afford an NFL ticket? Could I come with a verse that was the equal to , or even more pertinent in this present “Age Of Grace” that we find ourselves in?
I think that I would hold up a sign that said, “ 1Cor15:1-4” ( Believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the grave and you will be Saved ) Why ?Well, its like this......
After Christ’s Resurrection, after His Ascension back to Heaven, He decided the time was right to reveal a Secret that God had kept hidden for Millenia......the secret that Paul referred to numerous times as “ his” Gospel.Paul was God’s “Chosen Vessel” to deliver “ the Good News”...... a Good News That had NOTHING to do with Keeping Laws or offering Sacrifices.....no Proving you had Faith by “ keeping 613 Commandments.”
This Secret revealed by Paul showed that God, through the death , burial and resurrection of His Son, through the Shed Blood Of Jesus on the Cross , had provided EVERYTHING necessary for One’s Salvation.....all that Mankind had to do was simply Believe it. Jesus did it all.....we have to “ cash in “ on what was accomplished 2000 years ago to benefit from it......we accomplish that by FAITH! Faith in Nothing But The Blood—- Just as the song says...
Anyway.......When Jesus revealed the Plan Of Salvation to Paul.....He could have said Anything! He could have said, “ keep all of the Commandments, all of the time “....He could have said, “ I will be watching you very closely.....now, I don’t expect you guys to be Perfect, but you have to be willing to at least try! There will be mistakes in you Performance along the way , but I will provide a type of “ Band Aid” for that. I will allow, and in fact I will INSIST that you remember to use Repentance EVERY TIME you sin! Think of it as a “ patch “ to repair any flaws in your Performance aka Behavior......Pray for the Luck That you don’t commit a sin and have a heart attack and die before you get the chance to Repent! Yes.....above all things.....pray for this “Lucky Repentance” ......Heaven and Hell is At stake ! Forget whatever you May have heard about this “ Grace “ thing......that would be God's real manner to get Saved Sinners “ Home”......Let’s just not “ Go There”.

Why didn’t Jesus just tell Paul to continue with the old John 3:16 thinking? Might it be because it made no mention of the Resurrection? It seems that a lot - if not EVeRYTHING — depends on one’s Faith in that fact!
Regardless , God reveals that Paul’s Gospel must be RESTED in, lest one be charged with “ disobedience and UN belief”—— VERY serious charges ! ( Heb.4 ) Finally, in making the case that my sign with 1Cor15:1-4 could be of more import than John3:16, Paul tells us that on Judgement Day, we will be JUDGED by HIS GOSPEL! Did you REST in it as ordered or did you think that YOU had to offer something along with it—- pretty much telling God that the Blood Of Christ was Essential for Salvation— it just wasn’t ADEQUATE on its own for that Salvation.....I would not care to be in the shoes of anybody who tries to see if that will fly on Judgement Day....
So. Anybody else out there see any logic or Merit to my idea? John 3:16, I say again , is a great verse , but could 1Cor15:1-4 be an even better one? God bless..

Last edited:

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rollen Fredrick Stewart (born February 23, 1944), also known as Rock'n Rollen and Rainbow Man, is a man who was a fixture in American sports culture best known for wearing a rainbow-colored afro-style wig and, later, holding up signs reading "John 3:16" at stadium sporting events around the United States and overseas in the 1970s and 1980s.[1] He was convicted of multiple kidnapping charges following an incident in 1992 and is now serving three life sentences in Mule Creek State Prison.

• Informative
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remember that funny looking guy , the one with the wild red wig that used to hang out in camera range in the End Zones Of NFL Football Games? I have not seen the guy for a few years— I hope he is doing well! (snip)

uhmm...Rollen Stewart - Wikipedia
Stewart was arrested in 1992 after a standoff in a California hotel. He had entered a vacant room with two men whom he tried to recruit for a job. The men later fled the scene after he attempted to kidnap a surprised maid who then locked herself in the bathroom. Reportedly, Stewart believed that the Rapture was due to arrive in six days.[8] During the standoff, he threatened to shoot at airplanes taking off from nearby Los Angeles International Airport, and covered the hotel room windows with "John 3:16" placards.[4]

Stewart is currently serving three consecutive life sentences in prison on kidnapping charges,[2] having rejected a plea deal of 12 years in order to spread his message in open court. After being sentenced, he began a religious tirade and had to be restrained by bailiffs.[9] He became eligible for parole in 2002, but was denied as recently as March 2010; his next parole review was in 2017.[4][10] After this conviction, he was found guilty of four stink bomb attacks.[4]
tulc(is going to need more coffee soon) :coffee:

Upvote 0

jamesbond007

Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You can't judge a man by his sign.

Mine was a young beggar (I think) in his 20s who held up a sign that read

"Repent!

The end is near.

John 3:16"

Pretty effective as it stayed with me for years until I became a born again Christian in 2012.

Upvote 0