Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
End of the year has always been one of my favourite times, where I get to don my metaphorical combat gear and dutifully go to war against Christmas. I thought we had a pretty good year last year, forcing coffee outlets to have blank red cups I thought was a decisive move that almost won us the war.

Sadly, before it even begins this year, apparently it's over, and we (by which I mean the lefty atheist brigade) lost.

Thank you, Mr. Trump for bringing 'Merry Christmas' back to the White House

"President Trump vowed to put the Christ back into Christmas and based on this video that's exactly what he did -- delivering on a promise to end the ongoing war on Christmas."

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Glad that you acknowledged defeat. :D

Trump-Xmas.jpg
:clap:

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,347.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

The energy and light are eternal. The energy and light may variate from hardness to plasma throughout the eternal ages. But it will always exist in the eternal ages. It may be extinguished on earth, but it will always be there somewhere in the universe.

The light of Christmas may yet be extinguished here on Earth, but it will reform in greater intensities in the afterlife.

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
End of the year has always been one of my favourite times, where I get to don my metaphorical combat gear and dutifully go to war against Christmas. I thought we had a pretty good year last year, forcing coffee outlets to have blank red cups I thought was a decisive move that almost won us the war.

Sadly, before it even begins this year, apparently it's over, and we (by which I mean the lefty atheist brigade) lost.

"President Trump vowed to put the Christ back into Christmas and based on this video that's exactly what he did -- delivering on a promise to end the ongoing war on Christmas."
If you can't beat 'em, join,' em. The angels in heaven have a party every time a sinner repents.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump's little pinch of incense to cultural Christians who put Jesus into a little cradle sized box once a year, jumbled in somewhere with all the cheap Chinese toys, neckties that nobody asked for, and gift certificates.

Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Happy Birthday: Jesus the Divine Messiah! Christ-Mass!

Boo: Sandy's Claws + Elfers + Frosty + Rudolph + Grinch + Ebay + Amazon + Madison Avenue + ETC!

Hooray: Scrooge + Bah Humbug.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Makes sense, everything else about Trump is fake, so why not embrace the FWOC!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Happy Birthday: Jesus the Divine Messiah!
You are a bit late for that.

His birth was more like late Sept-early Oct. (feast of Tabernacles)

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You are a bit late for that.

His birth was more like late Sept-early Oct. (feast of Tabernacles)
Better to celebrate it on Christmas because its when we get time off.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pagan holidays are more fun anyways.

That's why we coopted them for our own purposes. They then lose their original meaning and take on the meaning we decide to give it. Much like the modern left wing secularist has done with words the Christians of the past did with holidays.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The loop of Christmas music playing ubiquitously from the stroke of midnight on November 1 until January feels like a form of psychological torture, like when the song Panama was blasted outside the Apostolic Nunciature of the Holy See in order to coax the Panamanian dictator, Noriega, who'd taken sanctuary there, to surrender and come out. It worked. Or when Billy Ray Cyrus's songs were used outside of the Waco compound. In my hometown, which has one of the largest Jewish and Muslim populations but also a ton of tourists, they even pipe Christmas music over speakers in the street starting in early November. I love Christmas music - I even wrote a Christmas song - but I do not want to hear about jingling bells and Rudolph when stores are still selling their Halloween candy. Considering that the "Christmas" season encompasses such a swath of time, it's efficient to use Happy Holidays. That way Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukah, Dead Week (college thing), New Years, National Cupcake Day, National Cookie Day, etc, etc, etc, are all covered by one card / greeting. Of course that logic probably never occurred to the Don.

Anyways. Maybe you should fight fire with fire. Instead of trying to get people to say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, bribe stores into playing music even worse than nonstop Christmas music too early on. Like the Titanic soundtrack or something. I just listened to it all for the first time ever, and almost craved obnoxious Christmas songs. If consumers had to listen to that on a loop, they revolt and demand normal music.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's why we coopted them for our own purposes. They then lose their original meaning and take on the meaning we decide to give it. Much like the modern left wing secularist has done with words the Christians of the past did with holidays.
Yes and no. But happy holidays anyway!

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
In theory, yes. In practice, it's been replaced with holiday since the 1990s.

I was born at the very end of the 1990s and so all my memories are from the 2000s and beyond, and there hasn't been a single year where "Merry Christmas" hasn't been a frequently used greeting both publicly and within my own social circles. I've lived in primarily liberal-leaning cities throughout my life (NYC, London, DC, LA, and now Silicon Valley), and been wished this at stores, in interactions with strangers, and of course by friends. In Beverly Hills, which has a sizable Jewish and Persian population, Christmas music is piped in through speakers on public streets starting in November through early January. You can drive down Rodeo and be serenaded by We Wish You a Merry Christmas. As I wrote before, with the season now beginning before people have even taken down their Halloween decorations, and therefore encompassing multiple holidays, "Happy Holidays" is a more efficient greeting, and one I don't perceive as being secular in nature but logical.

When I was eleven I spent months touring all around the country playing Clara in the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, which ends each performance by wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. In every city there were Christmas decorations and ample use of the Merry Christmas wish.

The petulance by Trump and his ilk about Merry Christmas not being used even more than it already is, or about the decor of Starbucks cups, is what I construe as being contrary to the humble nature of Christ.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I was born at the very end of the 1990s and so all my memories are from the 2000s and beyond, and there hasn't been a single year where "Merry Christmas" hasn't been a frequently used greeting both publicly and within my own social circles. I've lived in primarily liberal-leaning cities throughout my life (NYC, London, DC, LA, and now Silicon Valley), and been wished this at stores, in interactions with strangers, and of course by friends. In Beverly Hills, which has a sizable Jewish and Persian population, Christmas music is piped in through speakers on public streets starting in November through early January. You can drive down Rodeo and be serenaded by We Wish You a Merry Christmas. As I wrote before, with the season now beginning before people have even taken down their Halloween decorations, and therefore encompassing multiple holidays, "Happy Holidays" is a more efficient greeting, and one I don't perceive as being secular in nature but logical.

When I was eleven I spent months touring all around the country playing Clara in the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, which ends each performance by wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. In every city there were Christmas decorations and ample use of the Merry Christmas wish.

The petulance by Trump and his ilk about Merry Christmas not being used even more than it already is, or about the decor of Starbucks cups, is what I construe as being contrary to the humble nature of Christ.
My experience was different in college in the early 1990s and at work in the 1990s. Happy Holidays was encouraged. The replacement of Merry Christmas or Christmas Party for Holiday Party is prior to Trump. It's good though that he is saying Merry Christmas.

Upvote 0