London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Friday, December 6, 2013
Indian navy keen to expand cooperation with Iran

New Delhi, Dec 6, IRNA – ...Admiral Shekar Sinha on Thursday welcomed the entry of Iran’s 28th Flotilla accompanied by Younus submarine at Mumbai port and met commander of the 28th Flotilla Babak Balouch...

-- IMRA - Friday, December 6, 2013 Indian navy keen to expand cooperation with Iran

Translation: more evidence of increasing Indian-Iranian ties, at the expense of Indian-Israeli. As Pakistan draws closer to Saudi Arabia (supplying it with nuclear weapons to counter the Iranians), the old India-Pakistan dispute is becoming a more obvious feature of the reason. The US is quitting Afghanistan, and the Indians need an Iranian port to access Central Asian natural resources. This is the trend I mentioned a couple of posts ago.

Meanwhile, the Middle East "peace" charade continues. Kerry just can't seem to get it in his head, that Israel does not plan to become a ward of the US. He seems to have a real earwax problem. cf Kerry brings plan integrating West Bank security in planned US-led anti-Al Qaeda regional force

The Indians are only getting cosy with the Iranians because the Shia Iranians and the Sunni Pakistanis really don't like each other... especially with the lack of effort the Pakistani government puts into protecting its large Shia minority.

Indian-Israeli relations are still pretty strong:

India is the largest customer of Israeli military equipment and Israel is the second-largest military partner of India after Russia. As of 2009, the military business between the two nations is worth around US$9 billion.[2] Military and strategic ties between the two nations extend to joint military training[3] and space technology.[4] India is Israel's largest defence market, accounting for almost fifty percent of Israeli sales.[5]

India is also the second-largest Asian economic partner of Israel.[6] In 2010, bilateral trade, excluding military sales, stood at US $4.7 billion.[7] In August 2012, India and Israel signed a $50 million academic research agreement.[8] Currently, the two nations are negotiating an extensive bilateral free trade pact, focusing on areas such as information technology, biotechnology and agriculture.[9]

India–Israel relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
THE POLITICS OF GAS

I have mentioned the rifts growing in NATO, which may start to go along the lines of energy dependance. Before babbling more on this issue, I thought I'd look up some figures:

SHARE OF DOMESTIC GAS CONSUMPTION CONTROLLED BY RUSSIA (2007):

Estonia 100%, Finland 100%, Latvia 100%, Lithuania 100%, Poland 49%,
Belarus 98%, Ukraine 66%, Slovakia 98%, Czechia 77.6%, Hungary 60%,
Austria, Serbia 87%, Montenegro 87%, Macedonia 100%, Slovenia 52%,
Bulgaria 92%, Turkey 64%, Greece 76%

SRC: Russia in the European energy sector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Turkey and Greece stand to benefit the most from Israeli offshore gas. Of the two, Greece is strongly aligned with Israel (and has a history of conflict with Turkey). Turkey, on the other hand, has a hard time getting along with anyone nowadays -- least of all with Israel.

The world energy picture is changing. Estonia has begun to develop near-surfact shale oil deposits, which will make her energy-independent in the near future. Italy, Greece and especially Turkey have a large dependence on Iranian oil. Italy could also greatly benefit from Israeli petroleum, and is (not coincidentally?) also fairly close with Israel militarily -- though not so much as is Greece.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Indians are only getting cosy with the Iranians because the Shia Iranians and the Sunni Pakistanis really don't like each other... especially with the lack of effort the Pakistani government puts into protecting its large Shia minority.

Indian-Israeli relations are still pretty strong:

India–Israel relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hi, Supreme

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you. I spent some time, refreshing myself on the world trade situation to see if this had any bearing on events in the area.

Concerning the Sunni-Shi'a thing, some Muslims really like to take advantage of it, particularly Al Qaeda, because doing so is to their advantage. Those to whom it is NOT to their advantage, such as the Iranians and Syrians, pooh-pooh the differences and accuse, of course, the Jews of using their galactic influence to stir Muslim against Muslim.

Pakistan doesn't want to stir up a Sunni-Shi'a feud. They have to deal with Al Qaeda, which I mentioned in the previous paragraph. Their preferred way of accomplishing this seems to be to coax them to leave Pakistan and go back to Iran. Pakistan's leaders seem most concerned with keeping up the old anti-India feud over Kashmir -- which, unfortunately, Al Qaeda seems to be exploiting. Meanwhile, Pakistan has an old and dependable ally in China, and an equally good relationship with Saudi Arabia.

India, meanwhile, is VERY interested, it seems, in tapping into Central Asian riches in gas, oil and other commodities. Pakistan is in their way, and the only other route there is via Iran. This coincides with a Russian interest in opening up a direct route to the Indian Ocean, and to their old ally India.

Israel, meanwhile, is still linked to the US -- specifically, to the US Congress, which has generally been sympathetic to them (while the State Department has been consistently against them). The US and Israel have between them the great bulk of Jews in the world, and there is a symbiotic relationship between the two communities. This has been somewhat eroded over the years, but the Jews have had to withstand much bigger problems than that over the millennia.

Israel, of course, needs outlets for its exports; and when China was a potential threat to India, the West was not very interested in them and the Russians had nothing but old, rusting hardware, Israel looked good as a weapons supplier. Those factors are changing; and I believe Russian deals are on the increase while Israeli trade has lessened. I think there's a real danger in the future, moreover, of Israeli technology falling into Iranian hands via India, if things continue as they have. No malice is needed -- India is so corrupt, no secret is really safe there.

Meanwhile, another map:

(must wait until I upgrade my FTP client)

Oh, well. Can't do that just yet. The trade picture is this: India's main trade partner is the GCC, followed by the EU. The EU is also the biggest trade partner of Russia and as is China. Israel trades mainly with the US. If there is an obvious split in NATO, along TRADE lines, it is between Europe and the US -- which trades mostly with Canada, and Canada mostly with it, though you would never believe this, with all the Chinese products in our homes. I think Canada makes up for that by giving us our petrol fix. It beats me, what we sell to them. Outside of lawyers, bureacracy and fighter-bombers, I didn't know we actually produced anything anymore. All my friends with jobs seem to be in healthcare or in answering telephones.

I think I was doing better, reading the temperatures of the world leaders. One thing's for sure: Obama has turned America's name to Mudd, with all his switching sides and spying on our friends. If America plays any decisive role in world politics while he remains in office, it will be a decisively asinine role. God bless and keep him, far away from all of us!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
British Chopper Makes Forced Landing in West Bank
by Naharnet Newsdesk 9 Dec. 2013

w460.jpg

"...In London, a ministry of defense statement confirmed the incident.

""An RAF helicopter has made a precautionary landing in the West Bank in the course of a flight following a routine exercise. The crew are safe and well," it said."

-- French President Hollande's popularity creeps higher | Reuters

I think it's odd, that a "routine exercise" should take a British military aircraft on a flight path across Israel. It seems that a great deal isn't being said here.

Also, telling news concerning Afghan-US relations:

Karzai visits Tehran as gesture of anti-US defiance
DEBKAfile December 8, 2013, 7:08 PM (GMT+02:00)

-- Karzai visits Tehran as gesture of anti-US defiance

The article is extremely short, and worth a read. The details support the headline. Remember what I said about the India-Iran-Afghanistan-Central Asian corridor. You might add to that, that India's only overseas base is located in Tadzikistan, on the Old Soviet side of Afghanistan:

"...The Tajik Air Force remains small as Dushanbe doesn't expect an attack on the nation from the air and that Russian Air Force units at Gissar in Tajikistan and other such Russian contingents in Kazakhstan would deter any such assault. The country is also patrolled by Russian aircraft as part of the Joint CIS Air Defense System. The air force is mostly used for search and rescue missions, transportation, and the occasional attack on militant groups.

"For funding, the government relied on modest foreign funds. In February 2013, a 20th anniversary parade occurred in Dushanbe, celebrating the creation of the armed forces. During the parade, 20 helicopters flew over the city. India made a deal in which the Tajik and Russian Air Forces share an air base. The base is commanded jointly by Indian, Tajik, and Russian personnel, who rotate units there periodically...."

-- Military of Tajikistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Iran connection makes this article obviously applicable to Israel's strategic interests. The corridor, however, which goes against the grain of the new "Silk Road", is also seen by defense planners as part of a (possibly harebrained) US scheme to "encircle" China. This fact seems likely to get China even more involved in the area than it already is.

God seems to have put the Jews in one of the most fought-over and sought-after pieces of real estate in the world. That says something about Him. He could just as easily have chosen the Dzongs of Bhutan as His people: then the world could EASILY ignore Him. As it stands, it's virtually impossible, not to bump into Him (or end up with one of your helicopters in His front yard)!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think Islam and 666 are connected. When you google Islam & 666 - there are a lot of articles connecting the two. Could Islam be the beast of 666?
Sharon,

I have no idea, what the number "666" means. I know that the "false prophet", to whit, the beast that looked like a lamb with two horn-buds, that spoke like a dragon, will have the power to compel people to receive either that number or the name it represents, on their wrists or on their foreheads.

The "number" matter is a terminally "last days" prophecy, one which will be fulfilled immediately before the Zechariah 14/ "three frogs" battle or campaign. We know this, because immediately after that confrontation, the false prophet and the "beast from out of the (prob. Mediterranean) Sea" will both be thrown into eternal fire; and the Devil will be locked into spiritual confinement for 1,000 years.

The duration of the "Sea" beast's reign of terror, along with what seems to be a contemporary reign of the False Prophet, seems to be 3½ years. I would be happy, if that time period represented a much longer period, specifically 1,360 "days" of one year each; because the time of the "good woman"'s wait in the wilderness is shown as being the same amount of time. If that were the case, I could think of some of these events as having already happened in some allegorical form. The scripture seems to make it clear, though, that this means exactly 3½ years, because it is expressed in three ways: "time, times and half a time", "42 months" and "1,360 days".

That time period brings up many doctrinal issues, which I simply cannot discuss here. If you want to hash them out WITH me, perhaps we can do so at

Religious Education Forum - Discuss, Compare and Debate Religions in Our Online Community

I did just make a stab of spiriting up some conversation on the matter HERE.

I use the same "blandoatmeal" handle there. I hang out in a section called "Same Faith Debates", in which I generally characterize my "same faith" as "Abrahamic". "Same Faith Debates" is highlighted in green, and it is not easy to find. Posting there will allow both of us to post without the usual reprimands, and without interference from pagan and atheist hecklers. Do a search for me there, and you can get in touch. Then perhaps you or I can start a new thread on the matter.

I don't believe the "3½ years" is at hand, or that the "666" prophecy is relevant today; but if either has an allegorical meaning, one I am oblivious to, it may apply now and I do not know it. For my purposes here, I am concerned with events that, it seems, will shortly happen in Israel. To my understanding, these will culminate in the Ezekiel 38-39 attack on Israel, an attack described as a limited, local war that does NOT end with the issuing in of a millennial Messianic age.

Shalom shalom :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just for the record,

Jordan & U.S. Agree: Israel Needs to Control Jordan Valley
By Ryan Jones

"...Jordan wants Israel in the Jordan Valley to prevent further influx of Palestinian Arabs into the Hashemite Kingdom..

"As expected, the Palestinian Authority responded to the news with outrage."

-- Israel and Stuff » Jordan & U.S. Agree: Israel Needs to Control Jordan ValleyIsrael and Stuff

201306_area_c_map_eng.jpg

The map above shows the Judea and Samaria sections of Israel. In the red areas, including the "Jordan Valley", Jews outnumber Arabs by nearly 2:1. US Secretary of State John Kerry is trying to persuade Israel to hand over most of these lands to the Arabs and drive all the Jews there out of their homes. The Palestinian Arabs reject this plan, because they want ALL the land and the forcible expulsion of ALL the Jews, plus the right to settle more Arabs in parts of Israel outside the area -- all without recognizing the right of the Jews to live in Israel. As I said, this posting is "just for the record". Expect Kerry's "piece" plan (Israel gives land and more, in exchange for a worthless piece of paper) to accomplish nothing, like the dozens of piece plans before it.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
TURKISH NUKES MAKE THE NEWS

09 December 2013, Monday
loglu@todayszaman.com LALE KEMAL
Turkey to upgrade US nuclear arsenal at İncirlik

“...The US plan to modernize its nuclear bombs in Turkey is a declaration of the existence of B61 tactical nuclear bombs at İncirlik. There are estimated to be around 60 to 70 B61 US tactical nuclear bombs at the base. The Turkish defense minister and prime minister are concealing the existence of nuclear bombs at İncirlik from the public. We expect an explanation from the defense minister immediately,” he said...

"The US wants to modernize nuclear bombs stationed in Europe in a way many experts call the equivalent of creating a new weapon. … Critics believe the move violates pledges by [US] President [Barack] Obama that he would not develop new nukes. ...

"... In addition, Ankara is speculated to have control of about 40 of the approximately 70 US B61s on its soil. If this is the case, Ankara might have the ability to use these weapons if any serious threat occurs."

-- Turkey to upgrade US nuclear arsenal at Ä°ncirlik - Today's Zaman, your gateway to Turkish daily news

Read the article yourself, to figure out what's up. I can't figure it out. Those nuclear weapons, both those under US control and those under Turkish control, have been public knowledge for years. I would guess this is a matter of attention-getting on the part of both the Americans and the Turks -- presumably with Iran as the inteded audience -- or perhaps Israel?

BTW, Libyan troops are now training in Turkey. Both nations are mentioned in Ezekiel 38, as attacking Israel (The other two are Iran and Sudan).

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One news item, concerning the shifting strategic alliances around Israel:

The Home Page of Michael A.Shoemaker

1-800-327-7090

Iran pushes for Saudi isolation in the Gulf amid military buildup in Hormuz
DEBKAfile DEBKA Weekly December 10, 2013, 10:03 PM (IDT)

Two landmark events in the Persian Gulf this week attested to Tehran’s confidence that it has escaped the threat of a military clash with the US and Israel over its nuclear program...

"One of those events, noted by debkafile’s military and Gulf sources, is the rapid détente between Tehran and the United Arab Emirates...

"The other event was the conspicuous absence of Oman’s Sultan Qaboos from Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) summit taking place in Kuwait this week... [This served to block] anti-Iranian resolutions that would derail the deals struck between the US and Iranian presidents. GCC resolutions must be unanimous..."

-- Iran pushes for Saudi isolation in the Gulf amid military buildup in Hormuz

If you look into the article, you will see that it is the US that is behind Oman's throwing a monkey wrench into the works. The US wants Israel and Saudi Arabia to accept Iran as a nuclear power, and to depend on the US to protect them (which, at any rate, it cannot). It's all part and parcel of Crazy Man Obama's plan to make the Ayatollah of Iran our principal partner in the Middle East (in place, obviously, of Israel -- which is doomed to destruction if this path continues, and Saudi Arabia).

This has got to be the most reckless course of foreign policy the US has ever taken in the region. Israel's only possible response is to be even more on a hair trigger than it is now, and more likely to attack Iran; and Saudi Arabia's response, besides helping Israel, is to acquire nuclear weapons of their own.

I'm not sure, at the moment, about which way Turkey will turn. A critical time will be next summer, after the Iranians have once more crossed all red lines, and Obama will be required, once more, to make a jackass of himself.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I looked out my window this morning, to see the sun glistening against the snow, the stark sillouettes, the white patches ornamenting the locust trees, the clear skies above the forested mountains across the valley, and my thoughts turned to the goodness of God. Then I looked down at our road, devoid of traffic on this wintry day, to see two deer crossing -- first the doe, then a buck with a full rack.

After being in such a reverie, I was determined, provided that there was no important news concerning Israel, to post here on more general, far-reaching matters. Alas, the news did not provide such a break. Here's the latest from Syria, which is at present probably one of the most ugly places on earth, Israel's neighbor to the northeast:

US switches military aid from rebels in the north to new pro-US security zone against Al Qaeda
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report December 11, 2013, 10:36 PM (IDT)

"The US and UK announced Wednesday the suspension of non-lethal military aid to the Syrian opposition in the northern part of the country after Free Syrian Army bases near the Turkish border were seized by a new Islamist front... Washington decided to switch its military support, such as it is, from the North to a pro-American security sector which is being carved out in the South by the US and Britain...

"An American general, whose identity is kept secret, is posted [in Jordan]. His job... is to operate the two war rooms and assign their tasks to the 11,000 American special forces and air force troops personnel posted in the Hashemite Kingdom..."

-- US switches military aid from rebels in the north to new pro-US security zone against Al Qaeda

I don't doubt that this is true. My main concern, as usual, is with Turkey. Now that the Americans (and probably the Saudis as well) have abandoned the North to Al Qaeda, and since Turkey has spoken against AQ and is working towards a reapproachment with the Kurds in Syria and elsewhere, Turkey may be able to extricate itself from the Syrian quagmire and rebuild its relationship with Iran. That gets the clock wound and ticking again, toward the Turkey-Iran-Sudan-Libya coalition attack against Israel mentioned in Ezekiel 38-39.

The business in the south of Syria, next to the Israeli border, is a curious sideline. The province next to Jordan is primarily Druze, whose Israeli cousins are probably the non-Jewish group most supportive of the Israeli government. The province next to Israel, at the Golan Heights frontier, is mostly Sunni. Just notrh of this is Damascus; and between them, the three regions form an area roughly corresponding to territories which, along with Lebanon, were assigned in the books of Moses to the people of Israel. In King Solomon's time, this area around Damascus was an Aramaean kingdom which was subject to Solomon.

I've often wondered what the situation in Syria would be like during the Magog (Turkish) coalition attack. Syria, particularly Syria-Damascus, is among the most-mentioned countries in the pre-Babylonian-Exile parts of the Bible. Then it was conquered by the Assyrians (who destroyed and exiled Damascus), Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans and others. In the Exekiel 38-39 prophecy, they aren't even mentioned. My guess has been that Syria might be split in the time of this attack. We'll see how it goes.

_59629415_syria_borders_map624_4.gif

Note on the map: The gray area SW of Damascus is not "Israeli-occupied." It has been an integral part of Israel for many years now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
IRAN IS PUTTING A WEDGE BETWEEN GULF STATES (a continuing story)

Syria tragedy ‘must end’
KUWAIT CITY: ARAB NEWS
Published — Thursday 12 December 2013
Last update 11 December 2013 12:49 pm

"Kuwait Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah opened the GCC summit here on Tuesday with a call for an end to the “human catastrophe” in Syria...

"Crown Prince Salman, deputy premier and minister of defense, who is leading the Saudi delegation, reiterated the Kingdom’s call to transform the six-member Gulf Cooperation Council into a powerful Gulf union...

"Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif last week toured four GCC countries, but not Saudi Arabia or Bahrain...

"The summit is being staged amid differences over a proposal to upgrade the GCC into a confederation, a move Oman has publicly rejected. Omani Foreign Minister Yussef bin Alawi threatened at the weekend that Muscat would pull out of the alliance if a union was announced, while Saudi Arabia, solidly backed by Bahrain, insisted it was time to move ahead. Kuwait’s State Minister for Cabinet Affairs Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah Al-Sabah told reporters talks over the union were still ongoing.

“When a consensus is reached, a special summit will be convened in Riyadh to make the announcement,”

"he said, ruling out a major declaration at the Kuwait meeting...

"“Oman does not want to be a part of any measure that might be seen as directed against Iran,” Emirati political analyst Abdulkhaleq Abdullah told AFP. Muscat enjoys good relations with Tehran...

"[Kuwait’s Foreign Ministry Undersecretary Khaled] Jarallah told the official KUNA news agency on Tuesday that the summit would approve setting up a unified GCC military command."

-- Syria tragedy ‘must end’ | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

The Gull Cooperation Council (GCC) is the most functionally unified organization in the Arab World; but despite all its leaders being Sunni Arab monarchs, there are many divisions between them. Each country, for instance, has a different closest trade partner:

• Kuwait -- South Korea
  • Bahrain -- Saudi Arabia
  • United Arab Emirates -- India
  • Oman -- China
  • Saudi Arabia -- European Union
Although all the LEADERS are Sunni Muslims, moreover, Bahrain has a Shi'ite majority; and the interior of Oman is mostly Ibadi.

Among the members, the most prestigious is Saudi Arabia -- which, besides being the largest member, is the guardian of Islam's two holy cities, Mecca and Medina. The Saudis have been pressing for some time, to make a close federation of the Council, giving it tremendous clout because it controls a large share of the world's proven oil reserves:

• Saudi Arabia 262 billion barrels
  • Kuwait 101 billion
  • UAE 98 billion
  • Qatar 15 billion
  • Bahrain 0.1 billion
(2006 figures; but these have not substantially changed proportionally) Oman (5 billion bbl. in 2012) is not listed, but strategically important because it abuts the Straits of Hormuz. It was once ruled by Persia, which is the forerunner of modern Iran; and Qatar, Bahrain and the UAE were once ruled by Oman; whereas Kuwait and Saudi Arabia have a long history of being very autonomous clients of the Ottoman Empire, which is now Turkey.

In Biblical terms, the Saudi Arabia corresponds to "Dedan", while Yemen corresponds to "Sheba".

pg_map.gif

Middle East oil and gas pipelines.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Russia may answer conventional attack with nukes

Associated Press
By VLADIMIR ISACHENKOV 11 December 2013

"MOSCOW (AP) — Russia reserves the right to use nuclear weapons in response to a conventional strike and sees them as a "great equalizer" reducing the likelihood of aggression, a senior Russian official said Wednesday..."

-- Russia may answer conventional attack with nukes

THIS MAY SET A PRECEDENT, THAT WILL IMPACT ISRAELI NUCLEAR POLICY.

Meanwhile,

Saudi military delegation in Israel this week
DEBKAfile December 11, 2013, 11:21 AM (GMT+02:00)

"According to news sources in London and Iran ,,,No confirmation of these reports has come from any official source."

-- Saudi military delegation in Israel this week – reports

These things are seldom confirmed, by either Saudi Arabia or Israel.

Also, as a side note, Iraq, Tunisia and especially Libya have been drifting into anarchy. These, along with Egypt, have been the "poster children" of policy in the Arab World for US President Obama and Turkish PM Erdogan. Reality seems to be against those two. Maybe George W. Bush is to blame? ;)

george-w-bush-miss-me-yet.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
IranianMissiles.jpg

No US, EU objections to Iran holding nuclear-capable missiles able to reach Israel, Saudi Arabia and Turkey

DEBKAfile Special Report December 13, 2013, 1:50 PM (IDT)

-- No US, EU objections to Iran holding nuclear-capable missiles able to reach Israel, Saudi Arabia and Turkey

Obama and the Euries are practically asking for a nuclear war.

Zech 14
[12] And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
[13] And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I admit, this is just a "keep-alive" posting. I haven't noticed much substantive news lately.

Saudi Arabia Prince Shakes Hands With Former Israeli Diplomat, Slams U.S. Mideast Policy
December 17, 2013 5:06 pm 2 comments
Author:
Share this Article

"JNS.org - Prince Turki al-Faisal of Saudi Arabia reportedly met with Israeli officials at the World Policy Conference in Monaco on Sunday.

"According to Maariv, al-Faisal publicly shook hands with former Israeli Ambassador to the U.S. Itamar Rabinovich and also held a discussion with MK Meir Sheetrit. The report added that Sheetrit invited al-Faisal to speak to the Israeli Knesset..."

-- Saudi Arabia Prince Shakes Hands With Former Israeli Diplomat, Slams U.S. Mideast Policy | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com

If al-Faisal can weather backlash from the crazies in the Arab world, this is news indeed.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Most of the warfare against Israel at the moment, seems to be taking place in secret diplomatic circles, so I have no news to report. There is a story, however, of a place in which Israel has gotten entwined -- both with having military advisors there, and with having sheltered thousands of refugees from there: South Sudan. At the moment, it is in the throes of a bitter civil war:

s630_Capture.jpg

-- https://www.gov.uk/government/news/south-sudan-travel-advice-update

sud_oil.gif
Soudan-Sud-lng-map.gif
resize

At first glance, the conflict is between the largely animist Nuers and the largely Christian Dinkas, both tribes being speakers of Nilotic languages. The Dinkas have oil, for the most part, and the Nuers do not. The Dinkas outnumber the Nuers

While I'm on the subject, I might as well expound about these unusual peoples. The Nilo-Saharan languages have not been conclusively linked with any other languages in the world. The yDNA is also unusual:

"Haplogroup A was observed amongst 62% of Dinka, 53.3% of Shilluk, 46.4% of Nuba, 33.3% of Nuer, 31.3% of Fur and 18.8% of Masalit. Haplogroup B was found in 50% of Nuer, 26.7% of Shilluk, 23% of Dinka, 14.3% of Nuba, 3.1% of Fur and 3.1% of Masalit. The E1b1b clade was also observed in 71.9% of the Masalit, 59.4% of the Fur, 39.3% of the Nuba, 20% of the Shilluk, 16.7% of the Nuer, and 15% of the Dink"

-- Nilotic peoples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To put that in English, the Dinka, reckoned by some to be the tallest people in the world, are mostly Hg A -- which, interestingly is the same yDNA as the diminutive Nama of SW Africa. The Nuer are mostly Hg B, which is common among african Pygmies. Hg B is typical of nearly all other Africans, including many whites in the north. Adolf Hitler had a variant of Hg E. All humanity is divided between Hg A, Hg B, and Hg C and above (including E), so both the Dinka and Nuer, and groups like the Khoisan and Pygmies that are related to them, are indeed unique among humans. Because of this, I was happy to see them finally getting their own country -- which they now seem intent on splitting apart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
CPJ report: Turkey listed again as leading jailer of journalists
18 December 2013 / TODAYSZAMAN.COM, İSTANBUL

"For the second year in a row, Turkey has been listed as having the highest number of journalists in prison, according to a report issued on Wednesday by the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ), which prepares annual reports on victimized journalists across the world.

"Turkey, which has 40 journalists in jail, is followed closely by Iran with 35 and China with 32..."

-- CPJ report: Turkey listed again as leading jailer of journalists - Today's Zaman, your gateway to Turkish daily news

Connection to War on Israel: Turkey is Magog.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Obama deploys small military group to South Sudan
The Associated Press
Published: Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 8:12 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 8:12 p.m.

-- Obama deploys small military group to South Sudan | HeraldTribune.com

Again, this is not about any action in the war against Israel; although Israeli military advisors were probably among the evacuees. At the moment, there is fighting going on in

• Central African Republic
  • South Sudan
  • Sudan
  • Libya
  • Mali
  • Algeria
  • Tunisia
  • Egypt
  • Lebanon
  • Syria
  • Iraq
...pretty much the whole Middle East EXCEPT Israel, and the whole surrounding area. I left out Yemen and
Somalia and the DR Congo, simply because I haven't updated myself on those places the past few days. Even Kenya has felt the blast of this thing. It's time for people to stop worrying that Israel will do something that will START a Middle East conflict. The conflict is here and spreading, with no end in sight.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Iran nuclear facilities will keep running: Head of AEOI

340831_Iran-Arak.jpg

File photo shows facilities at Arak heavy water plant in central Iran.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:9PM GMT

"Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) says the country's nuclear facilities, including Arak heavy water reactor, will continue running, dismissing Western governments' call on Tehran to suspend activities of the facility...."

-- PressTV - Iran nuclear facilities will keep running: Head of AEOI

Heavy water contains deuterium, used in the core of advanced thermonuclear (fission-fusion) warheads.

Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dec 19, '13
India deflects Israel's Iran warnings
By Alvite Singh Ningthoujam

"Soon after news flashed over the globe about a thawing of relations between Iran and the United States after the Geneva nuclear accord, several reports surfaced analyzing how India is going to benefit from the breakthrough. For many, this interim nuclear deal has been considered as a landmark deal while Israel has watched it with jaundiced-eyes and denounced it as a "historic mistake"...

"With the American withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2014, Indian policy makers are looking at Iran from a very different political and logistical point of view. [2] As a result of this thaw, India could also streamline its trade and business with Tehran, which have remained constrained due to the US-led sanctions since many years....

"Alongside the pros and cons of the nuclear deal, one issue that needs to be examined critically is the possible impact of such a breakthrough in India-Israel defense relations. Today, Israel is the second largest arms supplier to India, next to Russia..."

-- Asia Times Online :: India deflects Israel's Iran warnings

There appears to be a paradigm shift in the works, toward a three-bloc system unlike the present alliances:

1. NATO, Iran, India, Japan, Taiwan
2. China, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan
3. Russia

In a pinch, Russia could throw its weight behind either of the blocs above it. Although bloc #2 seem like strange bedfellows, I can't see any alternative: China needs a high-tech partner, as a counterweight to an increasingly hostile US and Japan, and Israel is the only candidate with -- if the US continues estranging itself from Israel -- few or no strings attached. Pakistan, likewise, is concerned about India -- more than ever, now that an India-Iran collaboration threatens to hem it in; and China has been Pakistan's dependable ally throughout their mutual histories. Saudi Arabia depends on friendship with Pakistan for timely delivery of nuclear weapons when needed; and it also needs Israel to protect it from being dominated by Iranian nuclear blackmail.

This is a continually evolving situation. South Korea is also obviously an important player, and its northern nuclear neighbor a continual cause for concern. On paper, S. Korea is allied with Japan and the US; but their biggest trade partner is China, so I will hedge bets concerning her. We'll see. Meanwhile,

Iranian warships on three-day goodwill visit to Mumbai
Rajat Pandit, TNN Dec 5, 2013, 10.18PM IST

26920083.cms

Indian Navy soldiers demonstrate their skills during Navy Day celebrations in Mumbai

-- Iranian warships on three-day goodwill visit to Mumbai - Times Of India

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlandOatmeal

Jan 13, 2006
Oregon, ИSA
✟2,769.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Phillip Pasmanick | December 21, 2013
Arab League: Not one Israeli in future Palestine & requesting UN to investigate Arafat’s death

Arab League chief speaks at a conference of Arab foreign ministers, convened at the request of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, to support PA interests.
By Jack Khoury & Reuters

"Arab League Secretary General Nabil al-Araby said on Saturday that there could be ‘not one’ Israeli soldier in the territory of a future Palestine. At a conference of Arab foreign ministers in Cairo, al-Araby – alongside the Libyan foreign minister – was tasked with presenting U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry with the Arab stance on the Israeli-Palestinian negotiations..."

-- Israel and Stuff » Arab League: Not one Israeli in future Palestine & requesting UN to investigate Arafat’s deathIsrael and Stuff

..as though the readers didn't need additional proof that the current round of Jewish negotiations with the Arabs, like all those before it, are headed nowhere.

Frankly, I'm bored wtih this whole process. Something HAS occurred to me, though, that has stirred up my interest. It concerns Mr. Obama's apparent determination to abandon the Middle East to the Iranians, and shift his priorities toward the military and diplomatic encirclement of China.

I mentioned the "new world order" that Obama seems to be headed for: one that would pit China, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Israel against Japan, the US, India and Iran.

That order is interesting to me, because my friends and family are in China, Israel and Saudi Arabia, and I don't know anyone in Japan, India and Iran. It got me to thinking about the American Jews. If I have to be concerned that my grandchildren in China may end up in a war against their friends and relatives (no matter WHICH side of the ocean they live on), shouldn't American Jews be interested in what fate will befall them?

NEW JEWISH ALIYAH COMING?

bilde

Israel reaches out to save U.S. Jewish community | The Detroit News

As of this writing, about 43% of the world's Jews (6,042,000) live in Israel, where their numbers are increasing. somewhat under that amount (~39% or 5,435,000) live in the US, where their numbers are increasing. Much smaller Jewish communities exist in France (483,500), Canada (315,120), the UK (263,346), Russia (205,000) and other countries (~1,300,000 total) [SRC of figures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_population_by_country].

It occurred to me that God didn't promise to see the bones of over half of His chosen family bleach in the wilderness of the Diaspora, while the rest entered the Promised Land. When Obama's "pivot" to Iran is complete, and the American floodgates open to Arab and Iranian immigration, I wonder if there will be a mass exodus of Jews from the US to Israel.

We'll see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0