• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

The Wall, GoFundMe Veteran May Have Stolen Charity Funds in the Past

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Hank77, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,741
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    There may be a legitimate explanation for all of this. Just posting for a heads up, buyer beware.

The veteran who set up the GoFundMe fundraiser for President Trump's border wall allegedly pocketed money meant for wounded veterans in the past, according to a new BuzzFeed News investigation.
    Brian Kolfage, a triple amputee and Purple Heart recipient, reportedly previously spearheaded a crowdfunding campaign that raised thousands of dollars for an effort to mentor veterans at military hospitals.
    GoFundMe spokesman Bobby Whithorne confirmed to BuzzFeed News that Kolfage in 2015 launched a GoFundMe that raised $16,246 under the premise that the money would go to a veteran mentorship program. Whitorne said the money went directly to Kolfage.

Kolfage in Facebook posts that have been deleted said that he was working with Walter Reed, Brooke Army Medical Center and Landstuhl Regional Medical Center. Representatives for the centers told BuzzFeed News that they don't have record of Kolfage working with veterans at their facilities.

Veteran behind GoFundMe for Trump's wall allegedly pocketed money meant for wounded veterans

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

+9,589
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  3. cow451

cow451 Individual-2 Supporter

+10,401
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
  4. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,257
    Baptist
    Married
    Wouldnt be surprised. I really dont trust the gofundme stuff in the first place.

5. Rubiks

Rubiks armchair linguist

+1,854
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    If I recall correctly the GoFundMe page says it will refund the money if they do get anywhere near their goal.

6. 1000Flames

1000Flames Gloria Perpetua

+197
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
  7. cow451

+10,401
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Oh, yes. Redirect to some nonprofit. Really safe. Nothing to worry about. We’ll take good care of the money, use it for something really huge. You’ll be surprised at the great work this foundation will do. Terrific work going on here, people. Tax deductible. You would be amazed at all the people donating. Famous people. Rich people, too. MAGA

8. Ringo84

Ringo84 Separation of Church and State expert

+3,768
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    Con men know how to push the right buttons among the "true believers" to separate fools from their money.
    Ringo

9. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+5,475
    Atheist
    Private
    In unrelated news, he's changed it that you should now send your checks to a PO Box instead.

10. cow451

+10,401
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    What I am hearing.