• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The Walkabout Bus! All Aboard! Touring Australia!

Discussion in 'Australian & New Zealand' started by Bevlina, Nov 10, 2005.

1. BonnieBee

BonnieBee There is Sunshine in my soul :)

+118
    SDA
    Single
    I can't explain now, I won't be back till Monday (am travelling to see a friend), but if you want to see what's happening, visit the Wiki threads, etc...

2. HotToast

HotToast Laughmaster

+905
    Christian
    Private
    Hey, what ever happened to this thread?

Do we need a new bus driver?

I want to go travelling, does anyone want to come? I would just love to lie on a beach some where, do a bit of snorkelling. Does anyone have any suggestions?

3. MOTHY

MOTHY Guest

+0
    RIP Bevlina. This used to be such a fun thread where we went when we just wanted to cut loose and be a bit silly. Such freedom! I hope it's not lost. And I hope the lounge is resurrected for the same reason. Life doen't have to be so serious all the time. (sigh)

4. HotToast

HotToast Laughmaster

+905
    Christian
    Private
    Yeah I can't work out what happened to the lounge. So do you want to come driving Mothy?

5. Neenie1

Neenie1 Senior Veteran

+150
    Christian
    Married
    Bumping for Splodge, sorry couldn't find the origninal that was started in 2003/04 or something like that.

I did a search for this thread and it brought back some old threads - ah the memories.

6. Sploge

Sploge Contributor

+116
    Non-Denom
    Single
    so shall we kick start this old gal into life see what she can do???

any one interested in coming on a tour???

Ab!!!

7. jackoby

jackoby Guest

+0
    I am! I used to be Moth, now I'm Jackoby. In memory of our Bev, I think we should go to the Mallee, pay our respects, have a quiet prayer, then cruise into the lounge, chuck a steak on the barbie, and just chill. Waddyathink?

8. Neenie1

Neenie1 Senior Veteran

+150
    Christian
    Married
    Hey Jackoby - how's it all going? Not much new is going on here, yes I will come for a tour to the Mallee - never been but it should be good.

9. oneofthem

oneofthem Senior Member

+46
    Christian
    Married
    Hey, whatever happened to mothy?

Hi peeps. Where's Mallee?

10. jackoby

jackoby Guest

+0
    I can't come back as Moth or Mothy coz the name's been taken. Even if it's me. ? Truly, it is..or was (heh)......So now I have to be Jackoby (sigh) But anyway, I'm ready to go travelling on the bus. I think the Mallee (Bev's Stamping Ground) is in SA or northern NSW somewhere. But I recognize the Mallee from folklore and stories, so I know it's a fair dinkum place, just like Bevlina, a fair dinkum gal.!

11. Neenie1

Neenie1 Senior Veteran

+150
    Christian
    Married
    You could always be Mothy1 or something. Did you have to re-register to come back since they made the changes? I didn't have to re-register, I just had to log in with my same user name and password.

12. HazelAngel

HazelAngel A New Zealander that is proud of her country

+837
    Baptist
    In Relationship
    im coming for the ride even though I am a New Zealander :hug: Plz dont push me off the bus, im beggin u :hug:

13. Sploge

Sploge Contributor

+116
    Non-Denom
    Single
    hahahaha i'm sure we have a trailer we can push you into >.<

:p

Ab!!!

14. Sploge

Sploge Contributor

+116
    Non-Denom
    Single
    So you'll never believe what i just found!!

the bus it's been hiding under this tarp for farrr to long might need some servicing but i'm CERTAIN i could get it up and running again unless people don't wanna ride again ??

Abs!!!

15. Victorium

Victorium Well-Known Member

+191
    Non-Denom
    Single
    AU-Liberals
    Would be nice to go out bush and build a huge fire! Cook lamb roast and baked potatoes in the coals. Does your bus go there?

16. joey_downunder

joey_downunder big sister

+136
    Baptist
    Married
    Are you going to start a new tour Victorium? Will it start in WA?

17. Victorium

+191
    Non-Denom
    Single
    AU-Liberals
    Or course it starts in WA! How do I start a new tour?

I propose we build a big fire on Cable Beach in Broome under the balmy starry sky before heading out into the stunning Kimberley's, chucking a lefty at the Gibb River Road to the heart of this wild country. Wet season is coming so we have to make to Cairns by December or the cane toads will get in everywhere.

God I love the wide open road, what am I doing living in Perth for?

18. Victorium

+191
    Non-Denom
    Single
    AU-Liberals
  19. joey_downunder

joey_downunder big sister

+136
    Baptist
    Married
    I loved Cable beach! All those camels wearing nappies and 4 wheel drives in their rightful places on the beach. Yes I'd love to see the Kimberleys.

How much sunscreen and mozzie repelllant do you recommend for the trip?

20. Victorium

+191
    Non-Denom
    Single
    AU-Liberals
    camels wearing NAPPIES!!! ^_^ Are you for real! God things have changed since I was up there.

So would I. I haven't been further than Broome.

If you're a women, tons. If you're a real man, none. :D Only joking. You need heaps as the mozzies are nasty and the sun can be fierce. You gotta keep an eye out for crocs too as they are getting feisty this time of year.

We will see great huge boab trees, majestic mountain ranges and exotic wildlife all a million miles from any city.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011