Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ARGH!

"... accepted the Bible as their final authority."

I am so maddened by this! What ever happened to God? Doesn't *HE* get a vote?

I trust God's interpretation of His will much more than I trust my interpretation of the Bible. I guess that makes me a non-Bible-believing Christian.

Lucky for me John 3:16 says I need to believe in Christ, not in the Bible. *sigh*.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You fill a sock with uncooked rice, and tie off the open end.

Then you put the sock in the microwave for exactly two minutes, take it out, and put it on whichever spot on your body hurts the worst. It will provide moist heat for upwards of an hour. Careful that you don't burn yourself.

You can get commercially-made ones manufactured under the trademark name "Bed Buddy", but they work the same as the homemade sock & rice ones. I've had a Bed Buddy for a while now, recommended by my chiropracter, and I couldn't do without it. ;)

Upvote 0

alcovey

Jan 6, 2003
Alaska
✟15,139.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by A Sheep
Please post the name(s) of any person(s) that was(/were) forced to sign-in, read, and post at said forum(s).

And people here in this thread talking about them and RR in general (behind their backs, and where they cannot defend false and rude attacks against them) is pleasant and kind?

A Sheep,

I'm not sure what you mean by the first part?

And as far as behind their back - I would be happy to say it to their face! - that is why I was banned! I wasn't mean about it, but I was firm in confronting them for their antiCatholic bigotry and general all around meanness, and I got the boot for it.

I can well imagine that if I go to RR - I will be met with a similar response - shining bright lights in people's eyes who are in darkness often is not appreciated.

They feel it is acceptable to 'share the truth with Catholics that they are in the harlot of Babylon' so turnabout should be fair play, wouldn't you say?

God Bless,

Allen

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Wolseley
You fill a sock with uncooked rice, and tie off the open end.

Then you put the sock in the microwave for exactly two minutes, take it out, and put it on whichever spot on your body hurts the worst. It will provide moist heat for upwards of an hour. Careful that you don't burn yourself.

You can get commercially-made ones manufactured under the trademark name "Bed Buddy", but they work the same as the homemade sock & rice ones. I've had a Bed Buddy for a while now, recommended by my chiropracter, and I couldn't do without it. ;)

Where does the moisture come from? I'm confused; rice starts out pretty dry where I come from.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟275,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know where the moisture comes from either; I only know that they work.

I've draped mine across the back of my neck and kicked back in my recliner, and it not only takes the kinks out of my neck, it's so relaxing it puts me to sleep. :)

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟275,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL. If you make one, be sure to only fill the sock about 2/3 full; you need to leave some slack in there so you can mold the sock around whichever body part in sore, such as draping it across your neck, so it'll sag down like a collar. You want to put enough rice in it so it's like the sand in an hourglass, so to speak, not stuffed full and stiff like a sausage. :)

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
I usually have a very high respect for any side of a debate, and I rarely dismiss opponent's arguments entirely. But the KJV-only position is totally without merit -- pure rubbish. I've never seen a more poorly constructed or defended argument, one that required so many conflicting ideas and strings of utter absurdities to construct a nonsensical doctrine which contributes nothing to any church except pointless exclusiveness. The entire argument is foolishness -- from the attempts to use Bible verses to prove that modern translations are corrupt, to the numerous irrelevant ad hominem; from the ignorance of the KJV translator's personal views, to the complete inability of anyone to explain *how* they came to believe in KJV-onlyism -- even the Creationists and anti-Catholics have better ideas and more proof than this.

Grr.

-Chris

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟275,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's a site advertising the commercially-made ones:

http://www.tsn2000.com/p-bedbud.htm

I also forgot to mention that you can put them in the freezer overnight and they make a great cold-pack as well. :)

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by seebs
Where does the moisture come from? I'm confused; rice starts out pretty dry where I come from.

Rice is incredibly absorbent and has moisture in it even when it's "dry". My grandmother always used to put a few kernels of rice in the salt shakers to keep the delta humidity from causing the salt to stick and clump.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I give up. I have now been told:

1. That the Bible utterly clearly condemns any kind of lifetime slavery, and anyone who doesn't see this isn't really reading the Bible.
and
2. That the Bible obviously condones slavery, which is not morally wrong, it's just no longer economically necessary.

Both people assure me that I am a fool to think that there is any ambiguity or room for human error.

I am wondering if I can join some kind of weird cult that believes in God and follows Christ, but has nothing at all to do with Christians. I mean, we wouldn't get the bulk discounts, but we could love God and be amazed at His grace and mercy, we could have our sins forgiven and washed away by Christ's blood, and that would be *it*. No special sets of magic words. No specific editions of books which act as magical talismans without which God cannot guide us. No people so utterly certain that they are the only people with the truth that they will kill others to suppress what they believe to be lies. Just, I dunno, a few people who believe.

Is that so much to ask?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.