Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by alcovey
Hi all,

I will take your word for it that RR is as bad as FCFC - although I can't imagine it. I am not even a Catholic and I was banned for defending them.

Allen was just a little bit too ecumenical for Shain's liking. :D

Michelle

Upvote 0

A Sheep

Stop the suffering in Iraq
Mar 10, 2002
✟6,046.00
Originally posted by alcovey
I am coming to realized what Catholics have to put up with on a daily basis in such places.
Please post the name(s) of any person(s) that was(/were) forced to sign-in, read, and post at said forum(s).

Also, in my time over there, even though I saw Catholics get mad and even edgy, they never came close to the venom that was spewed at them
And people here in this thread talking about them and RR in general (behind their backs, and where they cannot defend false and rude attacks against them) is pleasant and kind?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And people here in this thread talking about them and RR in general (behind their backs, and where they cannot defend false and rude attacks against them) is pleasant and kind?

Rude, yes.

False? Decidedly not.

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by A Sheep
Please post the name(s) of any person(s) that was(/were) forced to sign-in, read, and post at said forum(s).

A Sheep. There is nothing pleasant and kind about RaptureReady.
When we vent here it is nothing compared to the hate, venom and misinformation that is spewed from that site.

The problem with a site of that type is there are always lurkers. And if occasionally a Catholic doesn't go over and try to set the record straight an ignorant person may believe what they read.
Do you understand?

Did you also know that a confirmed Catholic is required and expected to defend the Faith?
Our postings on this thread could, in effect, head off someone from getting tainted by RR.
Knowledge is Power.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad: :sigh:

I just came back from reading a KJV Only troll's posts in the thread "The NIV" and dealing with them somewhat.

Earlier today, I found a nice new site that basically serves up the same old crossroad.to misinformation about anime and RPGs.

/bangs head on wall

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
:p Anyway did you all see my post in "The NIV?" That's my last post there. I don't think I will convince anyone, and I do not have any expectation of the local troll answering my previous questions.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
http://www.christiansaware.org/articles/pokemon/index.htm

This is for any of the otaku here who really like to see absurd and misleading arguments.

This page does it all: leaves out pertinent facts (such as the Pokemon seizures being caused by a physical means that was corrected all the way back in 1999), hints at things being worse than they actually are, and generally shows the lack of common sense many of said sites have.

Reading it does help me in one way: It helps me recognize that maybe I'm NOT the worst debater on the Internet ~.^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Susan
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad: :sigh:

I just came back from reading a KJV Only troll's posts in the thread "The NIV" and dealing with them somewhat.

Earlier today, I found a nice new site that basically serves up the same old crossroad.to misinformation about anime and RPGs.

/bangs head on wall

THANK YOU! I've been losing patience with that thread. !@*#!@*#.

The KJV is beautiful, poetic, and quite frequently plainly wrong. It's still my favorite Bible, but I don't believe things in it until I've checked other translations and, ideally, checked what scholars say about the Greek or Hebrew.

But it's such beautiful language.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
seebs, if you think that was bad, check that site I posted. Those are some of the worst arguments against something that I have seen in a long while. After reading it I do not know whether to laugh that people are so misinformed or cry that people actually believe that kind of thing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.