Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Terri
Annabel and ZooMom I am sorry what other say hurt you so much!  I will pray that God strengthens your heart so that what other people say can't hurt you so much. 

I use to be very tender-hearted.  I prayed that God would strengthen my heart and now I'm tough as nails!  You could tell me I was going to Hell right now and it wouldn't bother me one bit (hope you don't though).

I've toughened up since then. It was the initial shock of finding myself on a site like RaptureReady. Up to that point I had only posted on one Catholic Messageboard. I just wasn't mentally prepared for the hate.

You could tell me I was going to Hell right now and it wouldn't bother me one bit (hope you don't though)

I would never tell someone they were going to Hell. It goes against all basic human decency.

Something good did come out of being on RaptureReady....I heard from the other Catholics about Christian Forums. So good can come from bad.

Upvote 0

chelcb

'Totus tuus'
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,163.00
Originally posted by Terri
Annabel and ZooMom I am sorry what other say hurt you so much!  I will pray that God strengthens your heart so that what other people say can't hurt you so much. 

I use to be very tender-hearted.  I prayed that God would strengthen my heart and now I'm tough as nails!  You could tell me I was going to Hell right now and it wouldn't bother me one bit (hope you don't though).

How about praying that those that call themselves Christians will stop preaching hate instead of praying for a thick skin to not let the hate bother you?

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by chelcb

How about praying that those that call themselves Christians will stop preaching hate instead of praying for a thick skin to not let the hate bother you?

Chelcb if I could have stop people from being unkind I wouldn't have had to develop my thick skin. 

I have found that even if you try to be kind to people you will still get attacked and there is nothing you can do to stop that. I can't control how other people treat me--all I can control is how much I let what they do hurt me. That was what I was wishing for Annabel and ZooMom--that since we can't stop people from being unkind that they would be able to get where it doesn't hurt them so much!

Upvote 0

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
I would really really like to take my foot and shove it where the sun does not shine SIDEWAYS on a few people. THEN - I'd like to rip the phone from the wall and stomp on it until its in lil tiny pieces so that I will not be getting any more mindlessly stupid phone calls from people too gutless to make their own decisions. THEN I'd like to chew an iceberg into crushed Ice.

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hashbrown, Wols?

Pepcid? Peeled grape?

One last word to you, Terri. While the OBOB forum is a non-argumentative board here at CF, the FREEZER thread is a place where we Catholics (and any other CF member who feels the need) come to chill from the heat of the animosity directed against us. We vent, because we are human, and we have been hurt. The contents of the Freezer thread truly aren't for Internet-wide dispersal. We come here to pound the walls, gnash ice blocks into sno-cones, and snarl at the ceiling. It's called "black humor," and it keeps us reasonably sane and civilized so we can return to society and defend our faith.

As far as being "wrong" about our beliefs, that is PARTICULARLY galling to most of us here, because we are CONVERTS. We CHOSE the Catholic faith, after much soul searching and educating ourselves, and we feel the Holy Spirit guided us to the original Church that Jesus established. I made my choice, and I don't need to be told by ANYONE that I am mistaken, confused, deluded, deceived, misguided, blind, uneducated, illiterate, condemned to Hell, or just plain stupid. And I HAVE been told those things! We have folks who join Christian Forums for the single purpose of evangelizing us poor, misguided Catholics. I'm not here to evangellize ANYONE. I will share my faith with anyone who asks, but my main purpose is to clear up the misconceptions and misunderstandings that many non-Catholic Christians have about the Catholic Church. If you are a Methodist, a Presbyterian, a Baptist, WHATEVER....FINE! I'm not about to tell you how to construct your faith in God according to MY standards. And I ask the same courtesy from you.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

Budge

Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
✟454.00
All this stuff about RR??

Look people may have different beliefs but this doesnt mean they hate you. Yes some people at RR have gone too far with the mocking. Yesterday I told someone on the end times board it was distasteful to make fun of the Pope. A few People do cross lines,--this happens on all message boards..... but I cant believe things being said HERE bout my fellow Christians on the RR board.

I have some internet friends that come here--Catholic ones--but Im scared to post any of my beliefs here--I figured out fast that fundamentalist ideas are not the prevailing here. I havent posted because I am afraid of being banned just for stating what I believe.

I left the RCC over TRUE convictions. Some things are deeply scaring me, as an ex-Unitarian Universalism, the loss of Christian exclusivenism from the RCC to PRotestant denominations via interfaithism and ecumenism is a deep concern of mine. If I was to post here about my studies of Marian apparitions and that I felt many of the messages were unbiblical I would get banned even if I was polite and that bothers me.

The Rapture Ready board is full of good people and good Christians. many of whom are my online friends. Some have given me great support, as a disabled woman with health challenges galore this has been a blessing to my life. It is hard for me to see them so maligned becuase they may disagree with the RCC on doctrines.

Questioning someones salvation on RR means an automatic censoring of that post. I have not told any Catholics they are going to hell. I have not said that any Catholic is under control of Satan. I have said that I expect to see many Catholics next to me in heaven one day.

I think the judgement of those on RR is extraordinarily harsh. I have Catholic friends on there. I email people who are Catholic even behind the board.

Disagreeing with doctrine does not mean anyone favors discrimination or is a "hater". I believe in freedom of religion for everyone.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The Rapture Ready board is full of good people and good Christians. many of whom are my online friends. Some have given me great support, as a disabled woman with health challenges galore this has been a blessing to my life. It is hard for me to see them so maligned becuase they may disagree with the RCC on doctrines.

Budge..I am very thankful that you are being spiritually fed at a Baptist Church. (( if that isn't right , sorry........) If that is the case, great.

Michelle

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You apparently haven't read too many threads in their Apologetics forum, have you, Budge?
laugh.gif

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And she's never read any comments in there about a Catholic's salvation being in question, never heard any comments about Catholics going to hell, or any comments about Catholics being under the delusions or control of Satan?

Hmmm. One of us is in an alternate universe.
laugh.gif

Upvote 0

Kotton

Feb 8, 2002
Kansas
Visit site
✟20,964.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Budge
Look people may have different beliefs but this doesnt mean they hate you. Yes some people at RR have gone too far with the mocking.
Budge, we have told you many times, it's not the disagreeing with our beliefs; it's the manner of delivery. There are a handful who use mocking, ridicule, and insults as their common method.

I have some internet friends that come here--Catholic ones--but Im scared to post any of my beliefs here--I figured out fast that fundamentalist ideas are not the prevailing here. I havent posted because I am afraid of being banned just for stating what I believe.
There is no reason for you to be afraid as long as you are on the debate forums. Many debates are intense on this board, but people are banned only for being offensive.

If I was to post here about my studies of Marian apparitions and that I felt many of the messages were unbiblical I would get banned even if I was polite and that bothers me.
  No, you would be disagreed with. We disagree with you on EP, but you're not banned.

The Rapture Ready board is full of good people and good Christians.
There undoubtedly are on other forums where debate is not used.  

I think the judgement of those on RR is extraordinarily harsh.
Only that handful who judge others harshly. 

Disagreeing with doctrine does not mean anyone favors discrimination or is a "hater".
Same answer as the first quote.

Kotton :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Budge
Thanks Michelle. My new church has been blessing in my life. and I am glad you understand. How long have you been here? I left FCFC because that board got too crazy even for me.

FCFC is pitiful.  I have been here for about a year. 

Michelle

Upvote 0

alcovey

Jan 6, 2003
Alaska
✟15,139.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Miss Shelby
FCFC is pitiful.  I have been here for about a year. 

Michelle

Hi all,

I will take your word for it that RR is as bad as FCFC - although I can't imagine it. I am not even a Catholic and I was banned for defending them. During my short time there I was accused of all the same things you have been speaking about, 'lost' 'devil', 'fool', 'tongue of the serpent', 'warmed over Catholic', etc. etc. I am coming to realized what Catholics have to put up with on a daily basis in such places.

I personally think it's good to have a safe place where you can vent.

Also, in my time over there, even though I saw Catholics get mad and even edgy, they never came close to the venom that was spewed at them.

God Bless,

Allen

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Also, in my time over there, even though I saw Catholics get mad and even edgy, they never came close to the venom that was spewed at them."

As a Protestant, I must agree. Some of the innuendo and mocking at RR is not befitting a life based on grace. Not at all.

And Wolseley, thanks for answering the PM. I will reply to it when I have enough time to think about my reply. :)

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by VOW
Hashbrown, Wols?

Pepcid? Peeled grape?

One last word to you, Terri. While the OBOB forum is a non-argumentative board here at CF, the FREEZER thread is a place where we Catholics (and any other CF member who feels the need) come to chill from the heat of the animosity directed against us. We vent, because we are human, and we have been hurt. The contents of the Freezer thread truly aren't for Internet-wide dispersal. We come here to pound the walls, gnash ice blocks into sno-cones, and snarl at the ceiling. It's called "black humor," and it keeps us reasonably sane and civilized so we can return to society and defend our faith.

As far as being "wrong" about our beliefs, that is PARTICULARLY galling to most of us here, because we are CONVERTS. We CHOSE the Catholic faith, after much soul searching and educating ourselves, and we feel the Holy Spirit guided us to the original Church that Jesus established. I made my choice, and I don't need to be told by ANYONE that I am mistaken, confused, deluded, deceived, misguided, blind, uneducated, illiterate, condemned to Hell, or just plain stupid. And I HAVE been told those things! We have folks who join Christian Forums for the single purpose of evangelizing us poor, misguided Catholics. I'm not here to evangellize ANYONE. I will share my faith with anyone who asks, but my main purpose is to clear up the misconceptions and misunderstandings that many non-Catholic Christians have about the Catholic Church. If you are a Methodist, a Presbyterian, a Baptist, WHATEVER....FINE! I'm not about to tell you how to construct your faith in God according to MY standards. And I ask the same courtesy from you.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

I have no idea why you are addressing this to me.  It sounds like you are angry, but I don't know why!  I would be happy to apologize if you tell me what I did to hurt you!

edited to add:On second thought I will just apologize now.  I'm sorry!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.