Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Kotton
This has come up in discussion quite often. Most of the time it is in regard to the 'KJV only' debates. Reminds me that on some board there was a thread titled something like, "Do you worship the Bible?" All deny they do, but some debate almost looks that way.

KOtton :)

Hi everyone! 

I do worship the Word of God!! Jesus is the Word of God.

JN 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. (NIV)

JN 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (NIV)

You miss so much if you are not reading God's Word!

Upvote 0

Kotton

Feb 8, 2002
Kansas
Visit site
✟20,964.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Terri
Hi everyone! 

I do worship the Word of God!! Jesus is the Word of God. 
As do we worship Jesus Christ. We revere the word of God (scripture).

You miss so much if you are not reading God's Word! 
No problem with this, you are correct.

Kotton :wave:

Upvote 0
Originally posted by chelcb
Vow,

I did to and it what I read was what else but a Mary bashing session. How do these posters put their heads on their pillow at night calling themselve Christian I'll never know.

Questioning somebody's faith?  I thought that was a no-no.  I also thought the Lord told us not to judge others. 

RR is a non-Catholic Christian board...so, yeah, there are gonna be some major differences in people's beliefs.  If you really want to go over there and debate, then you should be prepared to have people tell you that you are wrong, seeing as how they are not Catholic.  They are not "sick people" because they disagree with you.

What is the fascination with RR anyway?  Either you like it or you don't?  Why the need to sit over here and do the same exact thing you claim they are doing to you -- hate and bash???  Only you're doing it behind their backs.  I don't know.  I'm confused.  Do what you want...but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by HalfPint
Questioning somebody's faith?  I thought that was a no-no.  I also thought the Lord told us not to judge others. 

RR is a non-Catholic Christian board...so, yeah, there are gonna be some major differences in people's beliefs.  If you really want to go over there and debate, then you should be prepared to have people tell you that you are wrong, seeing as how they are not Catholic.  They are not "sick people" because they disagree with you.

What is the fascination with RR anyway?  Either you like it or you don't?  Why the need to sit over here and do the same exact thing you claim they are doing to you -- hate and bash???  Only you're doing it behind their backs.  I don't know.  I'm confused.  Do what you want...but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

I've seen a lot more than "disagreeing" over at RR. I've seen out and out hatred over there. Ever been called a part of the "Ho' of Babylon"? How about being told that you worship demons? How about being told that your soul is in "peril"? (Oh, but you see, being told it is in "peril" is not actually the same thing as someone calling your salvation into question, since that is not stated explicitly :rolleyes: ) How about a calumniating response against your church, punctuated with a smiley that spews vomit from its mouth and nose?

Not a pleasant picture, eh?

Upvote 0
Originally posted by VOW
Neither is it the place for a non-Catholic Christian to tell a Catholic he or she is wrong. And that is what you said they do, indeed.

Peace,
~VOW

Does it really bother you that much, VOW?  I have Catholic people tell me that I am wrong all the time.  It doesn't bother me or hurt my feelings.  I know that it's not personal...it's just a difference of opinion...a difference of beliefs.  I mean, come on, it's a matter of faith.  Don't you think that you're right?  I sure think I'm right.

Anyway, my point is this:  It's just ridiculous for people to be going back and forth about it.  "I hate RR.  They are so mean.  Blah, blah, blah."  "The people over at CF are so sensitive, blah, blah, blah."  The people over here in this thread are not behaving any better than how you say the people over at RR behave.  So how does this accomplish anything?  What's the point of it?

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the matter.  You all are going to conduct yourselves how you see fit anyway, regardless of what I say.

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by HalfPint
Does it really bother you that much, VOW?  I have Catholic people tell me that I am wrong all the time.  It doesn't bother me or hurt my feelings.  I know that it's not personal...it's just a difference of opinion...a difference of beliefs.  I mean, come on, it's a matter of faith.  Don't you think that you're right?  I sure think I'm right.

Half Pint, let me tell you..It hurts. It hurts to know that there are fellow Christians who feel that way about you.
Make no mistake about it. It is PERSONAL. It is PERSONAL when someone tells you that you worship demons. It is PERSONAL when you are told you are not a Christian.
It is VERY PERSONAL when you are told your child is going to Hell.
How could it not be personal?

The first time I went to RR was at my sister's suggestion. She is a born again Christian and thought RR would help me understand her beliefs better.
My sister does not post on messageboards so had no idea what your messageboard was like. I was shocked and actually thought sis had sent me to a parody site as a joke. Oh no..no joke here.
RaptureReady is not a joke.

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by humblejoe
I've seen a lot more than "disagreeing" over at RR. I've seen out and out hatred over there. Ever been called a part of the "Ho' of Babylon"? How about being told that you worship demons? How about being told that your soul is in "peril"? (Oh, but you see, being told it is in "peril" is not actually the same thing as someone calling your salvation into question, since that is not stated explicitly :rolleyes: ) How about a calumniating response against your church, punctuated with a smiley that spews vomit from its mouth and nose?

Not a pleasant picture, eh?

Not a pleasant picture at all, HumbleJoe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Annabel Lee
Half Pint, let me tell you..It hurts. It hurts to know that there are fellow Christians who feel that way about you.
Make no mistake about it. It is PERSONAL. It is PERSONAL when someone tells you that you worship demons. It is PERSONAL when you are told you are not a Christian.
It is VERY PERSONAL when you are told your child is going to Hell.
How could it not be personal?

The first time I went to RR was at my sister's suggestion. She is a born again Christian and thought RR would help me understand her beliefs better.
My sister does not post on messageboards so had no idea what your messageboard was like. I was shocked and actually thought sis had sent me to a parody site as a joke. Oh no..no joke here.
RaptureReady is not a joke.

:hug: Annabel

You are right. It is very painful, and very personal. May the Peace of Christ be with you, my friend.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Kotton
As do we worship Jesus Christ. We revere the word of God (scripture).

No problem with this, you are correct.

Kotton :wave:

:wave: Right back at you Kotton!

I wasn't trying to suggest anything by my post--just trying to explain why some of us seem so obsessed with scripture.  We view it as the Word of God--Jesus! 

I'm sorry if I offended anyone!

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by ZooMom
:hug: Annabel

You are right. It is very painful, and very personal. May the Peace of Christ be with you, my friend.

Annabel and ZooMom I am sorry what other say hurt you so much!  I will pray that God strengthens your heart so that what other people say can't hurt you so much. 

I use to be very tender-hearted.  I prayed that God would strengthen my heart and now I'm tough as nails!  You could tell me I was going to Hell right now and it wouldn't bother me one bit (hope you don't though).

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟272,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All I can tell you, Half Pint, is this:

Most of the Catholics here, including Your Truly, have been subjected to the loving kindnesses of Our Many Detractors over at RR and the LBMB. Some of us have dealt with this on Christian message board after Christian message board, not for days, not for months, but for years.

It is not a happy feeling, nor a comforting feeling, nor an uplifting feeling, nor a devout, "brings me closer to God" feeling, to have people who are supposed to be acting like Christians defecating all over your most cherished beliefs and deeply held convictions, which you believe to be the Word of Christ, on a daily basis. The situation is not helped by the fact that many times, statements are made suggesting that your are going to hell, your relatives are going to hell, you're nothing more than an fool, a deluded, moronic idiot under the control of Satan and on and on and on; nor is it helped by the fact that more than half the time, the people who are spewing their puke all over you don't have the foggiest idea of what they're talking about when it comes to Catholic belief, although they think they do.

This board is a refuge. It is literally the ONLY non-Catholic majority board that I know of where the bigotry doesn't run absolutely amok. We do our best here to try to be respectful of others, to agree to disagree. That is not the case on a board like Rapture Ready. The vileness, the hatred, the complete blind viciousness over there will quickly cause the Catholic with the strongest stomach to walk away and leave them to wallow in their own vomit. There is nothing that can be done in an environment like that.

The Catholics here have already spent our time at places like RR, and we've already put up with the poisonous abhorrence they excrete against Catholics, with a nice shiny coat of paint on it that says, "Oh, but we love Catholics!" But I'll tell you something: excrement is excrement, and it's still going to smell like excrement, splatter like excrement, and stick to the bottom of your shoe like excrement, even with a nice shiny coat of paint on it. Hatred is hatred, and it doesn't matter if they promulgate it by trying to say that it's really love.

So, in a nutshell, most of us here have had enough of being treated like we're some type of disgusting insectoid lifeform, and after the treatment we have received at those places, we tend to grimace, say some not so nice things, and walk away. Jesus said to love your enemies; that is very true. But Jesus also never said to puke all over your enemies and to do all within your power to desecrate, denegrate, demean, and excrete all over their beliefs, false or not, either. He simply said, "They be blind leaders of the blind; let them be."

In my own personal opinion, I couldn't care less if the Rapture Ready board evaporated from the surface of the planet forever in the next five minutes. It means nothing to me, other than a remnder that yes, there really are indeed Christians who despise Catholics just as much as Hitler despised Jews; I've had my dose of manure, and I have absolutely no intention whatsoever of posting on that board, now or at any time in the future. They are free to roll in the rotting, flyblown diseased corpse of their opinions of Catholicism if they so desire, but I have no intention of rolling in it with them.

I apologize for this diatribe; I do not harbor hatred for Our Many Detractors---what I do harbor is a combination of sadness, apathy, frustration, disgust, and yes, I'm afraid, a certain amount of contempt. And that is all I have to say on the subject.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.