• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

The Walk-in Freezer at Reilly's Pub (2)

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by jukesk9, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan

Susan 退屈させた1 つ (bored one)

+120
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Democrat
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. linda4jesus

linda4jesus Are you Rapture Ready?

+0
    Non-Denom
    Annabel Lee,

I am so sorry that someone from RR told you that your daughter was going to hell.....no one and I mean no one can judge that....only our Lord and Savior. :mad: He is the only one who knows our heart, not some person on an internet web bb.

I'm a regular over there and again please accept my apologies for anyone telling you this awful thing.

I know things can get heated in RR's apologetics forum, but the 'prayer' and 'we that struggle' sections are awesome.

3. chelcb

chelcb 'Totus tuus'

+0

I see, thanks.

4. kern

kern Miserere Nobis

+7
    Catholic
    To be fair, it's really only a handful of posters that make it a rough place for Catholics (that plus the moderators refusal to do anything about the rampant Catholic-bashing).

-Chris

5. Caedmon

Caedmon kawaii Supporter

+538
    Catholic
    US-Others
    That is the most shocking aspect. Some of the mods actually contribute to the negative sentiment. Usually, if a nonCatholic makes a vicious antiCatholic statement, nothing happens, but if a Catholic responds to an accusation, they get a warning from a mod, saying that they are not to question another's salvation. The mod may even go so far as to glamorize the antiCatholic post. :confused: The mere thought of it all is quite disorienting.

6. kern

kern Miserere Nobis

+7
    Catholic
    Well, the way they explain it is that calling the Catholic Church evil is not questioning salvation because you're not actually calling a specific member of the Catholic Church evil (or unsaved).

The CF mods don't buy this and consider attacks on the Church to be attacks on the believers as well (as it should be).

-Chris

7. seebs

seebs God Made Me A Skeptic

+1,462
    Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    *sigh*.

I think I am falling into sarcasm. I don't believe this; I've now been told that it is the Bible, not Christ, that will judge me. HUH!?

8. Caedmon

Caedmon kawaii Supporter

+538
    Catholic
    US-Others
    This is the 21st century, seebs... you mean you've never heard of AI? We're one step away with electronic pocket Bibles!

9. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+1,747
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Magic smoke in the optimism engine, eh?

LOL. In the Air Force we had a somewhat different term for the same concept. :)

10. HalfPint

HalfPint Saved by Grace

+0
    You know, you all talk about the unChristian-like behaviour over at RR and then you write things like this -- "something almost unholy about that place."  I mean, what is going on here?  If you like to fellowship here and not there...stay here.  If you like to fellowship there and not here...stay there.  If you can fellowship at both boards without backbiting and gossip (very unChristian-like) that's wonderful, too.  It seems simple really.

And, Annabel, I went back through the threads at RR and found what you are talking about.  That guy was WAY out of line...but he was indeed reprimanded by the admins.  There are bad apples in every bunch, Annabel...I'd even venture to wager you have some bad apples pop up here at ChristianForums from time to time as well.

Just my thoughts...for what they're worth.

11. Annabel Lee

Annabel Lee Beware the Thought Police

+1,100
    Christian
    US-Others
    Here's the thread

http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16544&perpage=25&highlight=Hell&pagenumber=1

He wasn't exactly reprimanded either. What the admin said was....

And this was also directed towards the offendng party by an admin

And then the thread was immediately closed
    But you are right, Half Pint. Two wrongs don't make a right and I shouldn't have called RR unholy.

12. Philip James

Philip James New Member

+3
    words, words, words... so many of us let ourselves get hung up and divided over words... :cry:

Thank GOD for HIS Grace! Alleluia!

Peace and Love!

PJ

13. HalfPint

HalfPint Saved by Grace

+0
    Amen, PJ.  I do thank God for His Grace!!  He is so faithful to me.  :)   I would be so wretched without Him.

14. Annabel Lee

Annabel Lee Beware the Thought Police

+1,100
    Christian
    US-Others
    On another thread a poster found offense to what she termed, my "Hail Mary" post.
    It was Luke Chapter 1.
    She said that "IF IT'S NOT IN THE BIBLE....WE DO NOT BELIEVE IT."
    I'm confused now.

15. chelcb

chelcb 'Totus tuus'

+0
    Thanks Annabel,

I was thinking maybe I was crazy, I picked up on that to. Maybe that's why the thread was close, because she put her foot in her mouth.

16. seebs

seebs God Made Me A Skeptic

+1,462
    Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    *sigh*.

I am starting to wonder if the attitude some people have about the Bible isn't idolatry in and of itself.

17. sklippstein

sklippstein Well-Known Member

+1
    Catholic
    I visted the R & R site......WOW......i've never seen such hatred displayed in a forum like that before!!!

Dove bar anyone?

18. Kotton

Kotton Senior Member

+105
    Catholic
    This has come up in discussion quite often. Most of the time it is in regard to the 'KJV only' debates. Reminds me that on some board there was a thread titled something like, "Do you worship the Bible?" All deny they do, but some debate almost looks that way.

KOtton :)

19. VOW

VOW Moderator

+15
    Catholic
    Married
    To SK:

I visited RR ONCE, threw up, and never went back.

Peace,
    ~VOW

20. chelcb

chelcb 'Totus tuus'

+0
    Vow,

I did to and it what I read was what else but a Mary bashing session. How do these posters put their heads on their pillow at night calling themselve Christian I'll never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.