Michigan
✟318,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The laws of the Sinai covenant concerning the forgiveness of sins made man do something physical to have sins put on hold. They were tentatively saved by their works. Christians are saved by Jesus works.

Not by "their works" BS. That is simply untrue. There is nothing they could dream up, no man made religious tradition, no doctrines of men, that could cause or convince God to forgive their transgression of His Laws. Their sins could only be forgiven by following the instruction of their Savior, the Christ that brought them out of Egypt with His Mighty Hand.

And how HE designed it, was by making a Covenant with Levi for the exclusive ownership of the "book of the Law" and the sole administration thereof, and creating a Law of sacrificial "works" that could only be performed by appointed Priest's exclusively from the Tribe of Levi.

So they were never allowed to "do their own works" to provide for the atonement of their sins, they were to follow the instructions of their Savior, that is, the God that brought them out of sin/Egypt.

This same Christ promised of a time "After those days" when the manner in which HIS Laws are administered will change. No longer will men be forced to seek out a Levite Priest to hear the Word's of God. The Christ Himself will administer God's Laws.

This Same Christ also promised that "After those Days", HE Himself will provide for the atonement of men's transgression of God's Laws. No Longer will men be forced to seek out a Levite Priest to perform sacrificial "works of the Law" for forgiveness of men who transgress God's Laws.

So we are still bound to follow the instruction of our Savior regarding God's Laws, and also regarding how transgression of those Laws are atoned for. We can not perform "Our Works" for our own forgiveness, any more than Israel could perform "their Works" for forgiveness.

It's just that now the manner in which our Savior instructs regarding these things has changed from the Covenant God made with Levi on Israel's behalf, on mt. Sinai.

God's Word is a serious thing. We should be careful not to infect it with our own bias or imaginations of our own mind.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Accept for God's Own Definition of HIS Own New Covenant. You don't seem to believe His Word's there, and are reluctant to even discuss them. Why???

Why would you post scripture to show us the Law changed, and reject the very scriptures following, which not only tell us "WHAT" Law changed, but "WHY" it changed.

Why would you do such a thing.

Not sure I'm following you here. There is the "Law of the Spirit of Life" that was in Jesus, and the Law of Sin, which is death.

I asked you who is this "Spirit of Life" was which was in Christ. You refused to answer.

I seems like an important thing to understand. Who is the "Spirit of Life" in Christ Jesus? Is HE the Same Spirit that defined HIS Own New Covenant for us in Jer. 31?

No, that is simply untrue. The Law of Sin and Death is not the Old Testament. Even today, those who transgress God's Commandments, AKA sin, are in need of repentance and forgiveness. Why?? Because the wages of sin, the Law of sin, is death. The soul that sins shall die. That is the "LAW" of transgressions. This is why Jesus said to "Depart from iniquity", because iniquity Kills us. That is the Law of iniquity/sin/transgression and death.

The New Covenant didn't change any of this. Only the manner in which God's, that is "the Spirit of Life's", Laws are administered, and the manner in which transgressions of these Laws, AKA, Sin, is forgiven. It's in your own Bible, all you need is to believe it.

So you are making these religious statements "we see Jesus change this Law with the woman caught in the act of adultery".

Did God have David Stoned to death for Adultery? Why not if it was God's Law? Is there not a Law of Mercy? Have you omitted this "weightier matter of the Law" to promote your own religious beliefs? How is Jesus' Mercy given the woman in John 8, any different from the Mercy HE gave to David?

"Many" religious men won't answer this question, because if they answer it honestly, it will expose the error in the religious statement they make. Thus the reason for my comment regarding religious men.

I could ask you, "how did the blood of Jesus taste, and where did you find it"? Of course the commandment to "drink His Blood" is a Spiritual Commandment with Spiritual meaning. "Many" accept the Word's of the Christ as Spiritual, when HE is a Man, but they refuse to accept HIS Word's as Spiritual, when HE was creating the Examples written for us, AKA Law and Prophets.

Why would someone do this?

I asked you who is the "Spirit of Life" in Christ Jesus? But sadly you won't answer.

The God who promised and defined a New covenant, is this the "Spirit of Life" that was in Christ Jesus? Or are you promoting a different "Spirit of Life"?

I have asked many times, but religious men on this forum refuse to answer, "How was a man's sins forgiven before the SEED came?"

How were sins atoned for prior to the New Covenant? When a man sinned in Moses time, how were His Sins forgiven.

When a man sinned, how was he justified according to the Law of Moses? Did Moses tell them to "Keep the Sabbath Holy" and your sins are forgiven? Did Moses say to a man that sinned, "Love you neighbor as yourself" and your sins are forgiven?

No, you can read it in your own Bible. When a man sinned, Moses told them they were required to take an animal to a Levite Priest who would them perform sacrificial "works" to justify them.

In the NEW Covenant God defined for us, He said "After those days" HE, Himself would forgive their sins. A new and better Covenant. No more sacrificial "works of the Law" for the atonement of sins.

The Jews who were "bewitching" the Galatians didn't believe Jesus was the "SEED", so they are still partaking in their version of the Levitical Priesthood "Works" for justification. Paul is telling them "By the Works of the Law" is no Flesh Justified.

Religious men try to twist this by omitting the truth about what these "Works" were., much in the same way they omit the scriptures which show us what Law changed, and why in Heb. 7. I am just here pointing this out to the brethren for discussion so that we might, by the Law of the Spirit of Life, be freed from the deception these "other" voices in the garden promote.

Circumcision is still required, that is, the Spiritual Circumcision the Law and Prophets foreshadowed.

Not the circumcision promoted by those who reject God's Laws, but as Moses said;

Duet. 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

As Paul also teaches;

Phil. 3:1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Again, Circumcision of the Heart spoken by God through Moses, has a Spiritual Meaning, just as Drinking the Blood of Jesus has spiritual meaning. The mainstream preachers of Paul's time didn't understand this meaning because when they knew God, they didn't glorify Him as God, and their foolish hearts are darkened.

Today we have a religious movement which omits so much of God's Word to promote religious doctrines and traditions of men. One such falsehood they promote is that Circumcision didn't have a Spiritual meaning in the Law and Prophets, only Fleshy and plays no part in our Salvation.. But Paul teaches otherwise.

Col. 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

So once again I am placed in a circumstance where religious men teach one thing, and the Holy Scriptures teach another.

So I am taking these popular religious doctrines and bringing them to the True Light of Christ, and Letting HIS Own Word discern for me whether or not they are "wrought in God".

Although sometimes uncomfortable, these discussions are good to have among men, in my view.

I make it a point not to keep going back and forth with those who want to strive (struggle or fight vigorously) about the law (i.e. the Old Law).

Titus 3:9 says, “But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.”​

The Lord did not come to destroy all forms of Law, but He came to fulfill them with the giving of Himself, and the giving of His new laws or commands.

We are under a New Covenant with New Commands.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟318,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sabbatarians think we are still under the Old Law and some will even say that we are saved by faith and not works. Either way, they are trying to be justified by the Law because they believe the Sabbath, circumcision, dietary laws, etc. still applies and must be obeyed for all.

I don't know even one person who believes in the Lord of the Sabbath, that thinks sins are forgiven by a Levite Priest. So where does you accusation of men who strive to obey God's Commandments, as all the examples of Faith in the bible did, come from? Isn't Faith and Belief the same thing? Shall a man reject what God Deems Holy or Clean just because it is a popular tradition in the religions of the land? Shall a man "Omit" the very Word's of God just because it is a popular practice in the religions of the land?

As for me, I know men are free to follow any religion they choose. They are not "Obligated" to follow or believe God's Word. He just tells us to "cling to Him" if we want His Kingdom. Is there another way? Maybe, but it seems foolish to take such a Gamble with our life.

This is one aspect that Paul was condemning. For Paul said if you seek to be circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing (Galatians 5:2). Paul said in context to the Galatians that if they be justified by the Law, they have fallen from grace. This would be the OT Law and not all forms of Law because circumcision was something that was a part of the Old Covenant Laws (Beginning with Abraham).

What is really bad, is when religious men cherry pick Paul's Words to promote something he never taught.

Phil. 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Col. 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Rom. 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

26 Therefore if the uncircumcision (Gentiles) keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

Duet. 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

The Spiritual requirement for Circumcision is still in force today, just as the Spiritual requirement to Drink the Blood of Christ is still a requirement. There is NO Salvation with out following the instructions of this Savior.

Instead of just rejecting Circumcision, it seems we should work to understand why Paul also said these things to the Gentiles, as opposed to just following the "other" voices in the garden.

But even Abraham was not justified by works alone without faith. Romans 4 states,

“What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.” (Romans 4:1-3).

Paul is taking about the Jews in Rom. 3 and 4. They were pushing the Levitical Priesthood "works of the Law" for forgiveness of sins.

Lev. 4:34 And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar:

35 And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat of the lamb is taken away from the sacrifice of the peace offerings; and the priest shall burn them upon the altar, according to the offerings made by fire unto the LORD: and the priest shall make an atonement for his sin that he hath committed, and it shall be forgiven him.

These are the "works of the Law" for justification Paul is speaking to.

The Jews didn't believe the Promise in Jer. 31 of a New Covenant in which sins are forgiven directly by God, instead of through the Covenant HE made with Levi. Paul is pointing out that Abraham's sins were forgiven "Apart" from this Law. Abraham had, God's Laws, God's Statutes, and God's Commandments which define sin, as it is written, but HE did not have the Covenant God made with Levi for the forgiveness of sins. Levi wasn't even born until long after Abraham died. These are simply Biblical Facts.

He was justified by Belief/Faith, not by taking an animal exclusively to a Levite Priest who would then perform sacrificial "works" for his forgiveness according to the covenant HE made with Levi on Israel's behalf, on mt. Sinai.

If you can provide Scriptural evidence that this understanding is not Biblical, please provide it to me?

There is a false religious doctrine, taught for centuries, that the "works of the Law" Paul is condemning are the 2 greatest Commandments and all that hang on them, Which define SIN.

These false preachers of old omit the Covenant God made with Levi, "ADDED" because of Transgressions, and preach that the New Covenant replaced God's definition of sin, and not the Priesthood as the Lord Promised. They preach that God's Laws made men Blind, and are the "yoke of Bondage" that caused Israel's fall. They imply in their religion that God lied to Israel, and rescued them from the Bondage of Egypt, only to place 613 Laws on the neck of each man that HE saved and then punished them when they failed to obey them. They imply in their preaching that the Jews were just innocent victims of an unjust God with countless laws impossible for a man to Keep, but God told them they could and must keep them anyway.

I am here to warn of this prophesied "other voice" in the land we are born into. These religious doctrines are an extension of the serpent's deception in which it worked to deceive Eve by convincing her First, that God lied to her, and once she was convinced of that, it went on to convince her God's Commandments made her blind, and only by rejecting them, could she "SEE".

"Many" of my brethren have already been snared by these falsehoods, to the point where they will hate anyone who would point them out. But I have Faith that there will be some who will answer the questions I've posed, and look into what the Christ Himself defined HIS Own New Covenant as.

Not to promote any religion, but to take these Doctrines of the land and bring them to the Light, and Let the Word of God which became Flesh determine if they are wrought in God or not.

If we build our house on a false foundation, it will fall. Paul warned of this very thing.

1 Cor. 1:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

But "many" who come in Christ's Name, preach that these examples are the Old Covenant that God removed. Paul is telling us they are not removed, rather, they were Written exclusively for us.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Let's believe what the Christ Himself defines HIS New Covenant as, even if the religions of the land don't.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know even one person who believes in the Lord of the Sabbath, that thinks sins are forgiven by a Levite Priest. So where does you accusation of men who strive to obey God's Commandments, as all the examples of Faith in the bible did, come from? Isn't Faith and Belief the same thing? Shall a man reject what God Deems Holy or Clean just because it is a popular tradition in the religions of the land? Shall a man "Omit" the very Word's of God just because it is a popular practice in the religions of the land?

As for me, I know men are free to follow any religion they choose. They are not "Obligated" to follow or believe God's Word. He just tells us to "cling to Him" if we want His Kingdom. Is there another way? Maybe, but it seems foolish to take such a Gamble with our life.

What is really bad, is when religious men cherry pick Paul's Words to promote something he never taught.

Phil. 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Rom. 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

26 Therefore if the uncircumcision (Gentiles) keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

The Spiritual requirement for Circumcision is still in force today, just as the Spiritual requirement to Drink the Blood of Christ is still a requirement. There is NO Salvation with out following the instructions of this Savior.

Instead of just rejecting Circumcision, it seems we should work to understand why Paul also said these things to the Gentiles, as opposed to just following the "other" voices in the garden.

Paul is taking about the Jews in Rom. 3 and 4. They were pushing the Levitical Priesthood "works of the Law" for forgiveness of sins.

Lev. 4:34 And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar:

35 And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat of the lamb is taken away from the sacrifice of the peace offerings; and the priest shall burn them upon the altar, according to the offerings made by fire unto the LORD: and the priest shall make an atonement for his sin that he hath committed, and it shall be forgiven him.

These are the "works of the Law" for justification Paul is speaking to.

The Jews didn't believe the Promise in Jer. 31 of a New Covenant in which sins are forgiven directly by God, instead of through the Covenant HE made with Levi. Paul is pointing out that Abraham's sins were forgiven "Apart" from this Law. Abraham had, God's Laws, God's Statutes, and God's Commandments which define sin, as it is written, but HE did not have the Covenant God made with Levi for the forgiveness of sins. Levi wasn't even born until long after Abraham died. These are simply Biblical Facts.

He was justified by Belief/Faith, not by taking an animal exclusively to a Levite Priest who would then perform sacrificial "works" for his forgiveness according to the covenant HE made with Levi on Israel's behalf, on mt. Sinai.

If you can provide Scriptural evidence that this understanding is not Biblical, please provide it to me?

There is a false religious doctrine, taught for centuries, that the "works of the Law" Paul is condemning are the 2 greatest Commandments and all that hang on them, Which define SIN.

These false preachers of old omit the Covenant God made with Levi, "ADDED" because of Transgressions, and preach that the New Covenant replaced God's definition of sin, and not the Priesthood as the Lord Promised. They preach that God's Laws made men Blind, and are the "yoke of Bondage" that caused Israel's fall. They imply in their religion that God lied to Israel, and rescued them from the Bondage of Egypt, only to place 613 Laws on the neck of each man that HE saved and then punished them when they failed to obey them. They imply in their preaching that the Jews were just innocent victims of an unjust God with countless laws impossible for a man to Keep, but God told them they could and must keep them anyway.

I am here to warn of this prophesied "other voice" in the land we are born into. These religious doctrines are an extension of the serpent's deception in which it worked to deceive Eve by convincing her First, that God lied to her, and once she was convinced of that, it went on to convince her God's Commandments made her blind, and only by rejecting them, could she "SEE".

"Many" of my brethren have already been snared by these falsehoods, to the point where they will hate anyone who would point them out. But I have Faith that there will be some who will answer the questions I've posed, and look into what the Christ Himself defined HIS Own New Covenant as.

Not to promote any religion, but to take these Doctrines of the land and bring them to the Light, and Let the Word of God which became Flesh determine if they are wrought in God or not.

If we build our house on a false foundation, it will fall. Paul warned of this very thing.

1 Cor. 1:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

But "many" who come in Christ's Name, preach that these examples are the Old Covenant that God removed. Paul is telling us they are not removed, rather, they were Written exclusively for us.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Let's believe what the Christ Himself defines HIS New Covenant as, even if the religions of the land don't.

And this is why Titus 3:9 says we are not to have strivings in regards to the matters of the Law. You wrongfully read into my post that I was referring to how Sabbatarians must keep the laws on animal sacrifices and the priesthood (When I said no such thing). See, this is what makes your belief contradictory. You argue how God cannot change His laws, but then you believe the laws on the priesthood and the animal sacrifice have changed. I have known for a long time now that Sabbatarians believe the laws on the priesthood and the animal sacrifices have changed. They call these the shadow laws. But Colossians 2:16 talks about how believers are not to allow others to judge them in regards to the Sabbaths, holy days, and dietary laws, etc.; Colossians 2:17 relates these things to be a shadow with Christ's body being the cause of that shadow. Colossians 2:14 relates how Christ blotted out he handwriting of these ordinances and nailed them to the cross.

I am not going to keep arguing with you over the matters of the Law. Titus 3:9 forbids me in doing that. What you believe Titus 3:9 says, I have no idea. You probably have to figure out a way of explaining away this text like many others, as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To everyone:

TITUS 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

In Titus 3:9 the word law used here is νομικός ; nomikos which means ceremonial laws. So the scripture says to avoid foolish questions in relation to tracing generations [Geneologies] and having contentions about the ceremonial laws that are unprofitable.

Titus 3:9 is not talking about the 10 commandments you have been discussing all through this thread. If I may ask, if you believe the above is talking about the 10 commandments why are you even here in this thread discussing the 10 commandment in the first place? God's 4th commandment is one of the 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken according to the scriptures *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and if we knowingly break anyone of them according to the scriptures we stand guilty before God of sin *James 2:10-11. There is no scripture that says God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments *Exodus 20:8-11 is abolished and we are now commanded to keep "Sunday" as a holy day. This is a teaching and traditions handed down to Christianity that is not biblical. Jesus says in his Words (not mine) that if we knowingly follow man made traditions and teachings that break the commandments of God we are not following God's Word in Matthew 15:3-9.

Gods people are in every church and he loves them *John 10:16. The hour is come and now is that that the true woshippers will wosship God in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and those who worship him must worship him in Spirit and in truth.

God is calling us all to come out from following man made teachings and traditions back to the pure Word of God

God bless you all as you seek him through His Word.

There are many different types of sabbaths in the old covenant that were not God's 4th commandment "seventh day sabbath" of the weekly creation of rest that God commands his people to keep as a holy day. Many of these "shadow" sabbaths are annual ceremonial sabbaths from the book of the law (not tables of stone) that have nothing to do with God's 4th commandment but were prophetic in nature pointing to JESUS and God's plan of salvation for all mankind.

Now which sabbath is being discussed in Colossians 2:16?

Is it...

(1) The sabbaths (not God's 4th commandment) of the Feast of unleavened bread (first and last day) that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:6-8

(2) The sabbath (not God's 4th commandment) on the annual day of Atonement that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:27-32

(3) The sabbath (not God's 4th commandment) on the annual Feast of Trumpets that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:24-25?

(4) The sabbath (not God's 4th commandment) on the Feast of Booths that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:34-36

(5) Feast of first fruits (first and last day - not God's 4th commandment) that can fall on any day of the week *LEVITICUS 23:39

(6) The sabbaths (sabbaton plural - also not God's 4th commandment)) of holy convocations from the annual feast days *LEVITICUS 23:7-8; 21;24; 27; 35-36 that can fall on any days of the week

(7) The sabbath of the land (7 year single cycle - not God's 4th commandment) *LEVITICUS 25:2

(8) The sabbath of Jubilee - culminating of the 7x7 yearly cycles sabbaths (not God's 4th commandment) *LEVITICUS 25:9-54

Note: all of the above "shadow sabbath" are ceremonial annual sabbaths from the Mosiac book of the law and are prophetic in nature pointing to Jesus and Gods plan of salvation in the new covenant. These annual ceremonial sabbaths can fall on any day of the week unlike God's 4th commandment given at creation for all mankind as part of God's finished work before sin and law.

(9) Or God's 4th commandment seventh day weekly Sabbath which is one of the 10 commandments that define sin when broken? *EXODUS 20:8-11 from GENESIS 2:1-3

Scripture please? Do you know what old testament scriptures Paul is quoting from in Colossians 2:16? If so which one?

ANSWER: The context of Colossians 2:16 is to the shadow laws of cicrumcision and ceremonial laws in Colossians 2:11-14 and the Mosaic annual cermonial "shadow" sabbaths in the feast days and new moons that can fall on any day of the week (Colossians 2:16-17) not God's 10 commandments or God's 4th commandments which is every seventh day of the week given by God at creation the gives us the knowledge of what sin is when knowingly broken.

Something to think about. Where does it say in Gods' Word that God's 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Titus 3:9 says,
“But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.”

Notice the verse in what it says above. The word “geneologies” is one thing, and the words "AND strivings about the law” is another thing mentioned in this verse. People can try to make the Word of God say something different in a dead language that they do not know. I just read and believe my Bible in a language that I am familiar with that cannot be so easily altered. There is no need to alter this verse. I just read it, and believe it. I believe God's Word was preserved for all generations according to Psalms 12:6-7. Unfortunately, most think they are experts in Biblical Hebrew and Biblical Greek when they did not grow up in Bible times to truly know such languages. Anyone can make these languages say what they want them to say to fit their own personal beliefs of what they want to be true. But if God's Word is written in today's world language (like English) then it would be harder to alter God's Word.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
TITUS 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

In Titus 3:9 the word law used here is νομικός ; nomikos which means ceremonial laws. So the scripture says to avoid foolish questions in relation to tracing generations [Geneologies] and having contentions about the ceremonial laws that are unprofitable.

We are not talking about ceremonial laws and genealogies. We are discussing what the scriptures teach in regards to God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and God's 4th commandment which is one of God's 10 commandments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
While I am not a Koine Greek expert (Note: Nobody is), I can at least see the other correct usages of this word (Which runs contrary to what some Sabbatarian Christians say it means). The Greek word nomikos (νομικός) for the English word “law” in Titus 3:9 can be seen here at BlueLetterBible:

G3544 - nomikos - Strong's Greek Lexicon (KJV)

If you looked at the link, you would see that it is not used elsewhere in reference to exclusively the ceremonial laws, but it is also actually used in reference the English words “lawyer,” or “lawyers.” Lawyers would be experts in the Law and would be representatives of the entire Law. So yeah, “strivings of the Law” means exactly what it sounds like in Titus 3:9. No need to alter the text here (Unless one has a preconceived belief of wanting to keep the Sabbath, and other OT laws that are no longer binding). Things like the Moral Law (i.e. Do not murder, do not steal, do not commit adultery, etc.) can clearly be seen in NT Scripture that they have been repeated in the New Covenant or New Testament. But you will be hard pressed to find a command in the New Testament Scriptures after Christ's death that says, “Thou shalt keep the Sabbath.” In fact, if it did appear, it would contradict Colossians 2:16 that says we are not to let others judge us in regards to the Sabbaths.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No one said that νομικός ; nomikos is used "exclusively" to ceremonial laws. νομικός ; nomikos however, is never used in reference to God's 10 commandments.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
νομικός ; nomikos about the law, lawyer.

From nomos; according (or pertaining) to law, i.e. Legal ceremonially; as noun, an expert in the (Mosaic) law -- about the law, lawyer.

Benson Commentary
Titus 3:9. But avoid foolish questions — Questions of no consequence; and genealogies — See on 1 Timothy 1:4; 2 Timothy 2:23; and contentions, &c., about the law — About the observance of the ceremonial law, or some little things contained therein; for they are unprofitable, &c. — Not only consuming to no purpose that time which is capable of being much better improved, but also tending to discompose men’s minds, to alienate the affections of Christians from each other, and to render them indifferent to the proper duties of life.

Barnes' Notes on the Bible

But avoid foolish questions and genealogies - See the 1 Timothy 1:4 note; 2 Timothy 2:16, 2 Timothy 2:23 notes. And contentions, and strivings about the law - Such as the Jews started about various matters connected with the law - about meats and drinks, etc.; the notes at 1 Timothy 1:4; compare the notes at Acts 18:15. For they are unprofitable and vain - - They disturb and embitter the feelings; they lead to the indulgence of a bad spirit; they are often difficult to be settled, and are of no practical importance if they could be determined. The same thing might be said of multitudes of things about which men dispute so earnestly now.

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
9. avoid—stand aloof from. Same Greek, as in 2Ti 2:16; see on [2538]2Ti 2:16.
foolish—Greek, "insipid"; producing no moral fruit. "Vain talkers." genealogies—akin to the "fables" (see on [2539]1Ti 1:4). Not so much direct heresy as yet is here referred to, as profitless discussions about genealogies of aeons, &c., which ultimately led to Gnosticism. Synagogue discourses were termed daraschoth, that is, "discussions." Compare "disputer of this world (Greek, 'dispensation')." strivings about the law—about the authority of the "commandments of men," which they sought to confirm by the law (Tit 1:14; see on [2540]1Ti 1:7), and about the mystical meaning of the various parts of the law in connection with the "genealogies."

Matthew Poole's Commentary
But avoid foolish questions; in the discharge of thy ministry meddle not with idle questions, 2 Timothy 2:23, tending to no godly edifying. And genealogies; and sifting out genealogies, 1 Timothy 1:4.
And contentions; and strifes about words, or things unprofitable; perverse disputings, and oppositions of science falsely so called, 1 Timothy 6:4,5,20. And strivings about the law; particularly questions about the law, the traditions and constitutions of the elders about it. For they are unprofitable and vain; these things are to no purpose or advantage.

We are not talking about ceremonial laws and genealogies. We are discussing what the scriptures teach in regards to God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and God's 4th commandment which is one of God's 10 commandments.

Hope this is helpful

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Word of God is not learned by the wisdom of men (i.e. like through popular Bible commentaries). For it is written:

“Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.” (1 Corinthians 2:13).

What does the Word plainly say in Titus 3:9? It refers to genealogies AND strivings about the Law. The word “and” is after the word “genealogies” before it mentions “strivings about the Law.” That is what it says in plain English. If I say “cats and dogs,” that means I am referring to two different animals. They are not the same kind of animals. The word “and” separates the topic of the things discussed. One either believes their Bible when they read it or they don't believe it. There is no need to change the Bible by looking to some dead language.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Word of God is only learned by those who prayerfully ask God for his Spirit to guide them and teach them *John 14:26; John 16:13. Those who knowingly reject God's Word according to the scriptures God will not hear. Reader and dear friend, what do you think Proverbs 28:9 means?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Anyone can look up the Greek word nomikos (νομικός) for the English word “law” in Titus 3:9 and clearly see it is not in reference to the Sabbatarians understanding on ceremonial laws in how that word is used elsewhere in the Bible. If somebody says it is defined as ceremonial laws then we need proof by the context of such word usage. But no such usage and context exists to prove this. Besides, the Sabbath is a ceremonial law. It is primarily ceremony based because it is a special observance and it involves resting on a certain day of the week in honor of God resting on the 7th day of the week at the beginning of the creation. It is ritual or ceremony based type law. So yes. The ceremonial law of the Sabbath would be what we are not to fight over in Titus 3:9. We are not to fight over the Old Law that is no more because the Old Law or Old Covenant is no longer binding. We are under a New Covenant with New Commands.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Dear reader;

The Greek word meaning for the english word used for law in Titus 3:9 is not the same Greek word used in reference to the 10 commandments. I posted earlier the Greek word meaning above for νομικός ; nomikos, according to the orginal Koine Greek in Titus 3:9 is not in regards to God's 10 commandments but to the Mosaic ceremonial laws. This is also supported by Greek scholars as shown in post # 89 linked.

God's 4th commandment is not a ceremonial law it is a moral law as are all the 10 commandments. This is shown in the Hebrew and English biblical word meanings as shown below...

ALL GOD’S 10 COMMANDMENTS ARE ALL MORAL LAWS

Webster's Unabridged Bible Dictionary
MOR'AL, a. [L. moralis, from mos, moris, manner.]
1. Relating to the practice, manners or conduct of men as social beings in relation to each other, and with reference to right and wrong. The word moral is applicable to actions that are good or evil, virtuous or vicious, and has reference to the law of God as the standard by which their character is to be determined. The word however may be applied to actions which affect only, or primarily and principally, a person's own happiness.
Keep at the least within the compass of moral actions, which have in them vice or virtue.
Mankind is broken loose from moral bands.
2. Subject to the moral law and capable of moral actions; bound to perform social duties; as a moral agent or being.
3. Supported by the evidence of reason or probability; founded on experience of the ordinary course of things; as moral certainty, distinguished from physical or mathematical certainty or demonstration.
Physical and mathematical certainty may be stiled infallible, and moral certainty may be properly stiled indubitable.
Things of a moral nature may be proved by moral arguments.
4. Conformed to rules of right, or to the divine law respecting social duties; virtuous; just; as when we say, a particular action is not moral.
5. Conformed to law and right in exterior deportment; as, he leads a good moral life.

As posted somewhere else all of God's 10 commandments are the standard of "right doing which is translated as "righteousness" They give us the knowledge of GOOD AND EVIL; SIN AND RIGHTEOUSNESS. *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172 and if we knowingly break any one of them *JAMES 4:17; ACTS 17:30-31 according to the scriptures we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11

Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries w/TVM, Strong - H6664

RIGHTEOUSNESS; RIGHTEOUS; from צדק; tsedeq (H6663); meaning the right (natural, moral or legal; also (abstractly) equity or (figuratively) prosperity: - X even, (X that which is altogether) just (-ice), ([un-]) right (-eous) (cause, -ly, -ness).

God's Word defines Righteousness or Righteouss as right doing and the moral standard as God's commandments.

PSALMS 119:172 My tongue shall speak of your word for ALL YOUR COMMANDMENTS ARE RIGHTEOUSNESS <Right Doing - MORAL>

The first four commandments of God's 10 Commandments are our duty of love and right doing towards God and the next six commandments are our duty of love and right doing towards our fellow man. This is why JESUS says on these two great commandments of love to God and love to man hang all the law and the prophets *MATTHEW 22:36-40. Paul is saying the same thing in ROMANS 13:8-10 as does JAMES in JAMES 2:8-12.

Hope this is helpful to all those who seek God to prayerfully know his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans 2:14 talks about how the Gentiles who did not have the Law do by nature things contained in the Law.

“For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:” (Romans 2:14).​

This would be moral law and not the ceremonial laws like the Sabbath.

Definition of Moral Law:

1. Such a rule or group of rules conceived as universal and unchanging and as having the sanction of God's will, of conscience, of man's moral nature, or of natural justice as revealed to human reason.

Source:
Definition of MORAL LAW

The Sabbath is a ceremonial law because it is not a law that we would instinctively know to do without God commanding us to do it.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Dear Reader,

Continuing on from post # 93 linked that proves that both the English and biblical Hebrew definiations of "Moral" is in reference to the standard of "right doing" and what is right and wrong, what is sin and what is righteousness. All of God's 10 commandments are the very standard of moral right doing and what is sin if broken and what is righteousness if obeyed.

We can see that all of God's 10 commandments are our "Moral duty" of LOVE and what is right to God (first 4 commandments) *Exodus 20:1-11 and what is our Moral duty of LOVE to our fellow man (next 6 commandments) *Exodus 20:11-17.

God's 10 commandments are our moral duty of love to both God and mankind and is what JESUS says on these two great commandments of love to God and love to man hang all the law and the prophets *Matthew 22:36-40.

Those who knowingly break anyone of God's 10 Commandments according to the scriptures transgress God's law and stand before God guilty of sin for sin is defined as the transgression or breaking of anyone of God's 10 commandments or not believing and following Gods Word * James 4:17; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Romans 14:23

Romans 2:14-15 is in reference to the Gentiles being a law unto themselves if they are doing what the law says from the heart. If they are breaking the law they will perish without the law according to the scriptures which is the context of Romans 2:14-15 written in Romans 2:12-13

God's 4th commandment being one of God's 10 commandments is our "Moral duty" of love to God as the creator of all things in heaven and earth.

May God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To anyone who truly cherishes God's Holy Word and the Lord Jesus Christ:

Here are some questions that you should ask Christian Sabbatarians:

1. Why is the weekly Sabbath commandment never quoted in the New Testament?
2. Why is there no example of exclusively Christians coming together on the Sabbath day as a church or prayer meeting after the resurrection of Christ?
3. Why is there no command in the New Testament for Christians to keep the Sabbath holy?
4. If the Sabbath was intended for all people, both Jew and Gentile, then why does Exodus 31:16-17 state that the Sabbath was a sign between God and the "Children of Israel" instead of clarifying that it should be kept by all people of all nations for all time?
5. If we must follow the example of Jesus in all things like keeping the Sabbath, then why do Sabbatarians not follow the example of Jesus in circumcision, animal sacrifices and keeping Passover?
6. If the Sabbath law is still in force, then why do they not stone their own members when they break the Sabbath as the law said?
7. If the Sabbath is not a ceremonial law, then why is it lumped into the same identical class of "holy convocations" as the rest of the Jewish feast days? See: Leviticus 23.
8. . If the Sabbath cannot change, because God cannot change (Mal 3:6) then what about all the other feast days and laws that changed? See: Hebrews 7:12. And why did Jesus give a "a new commandment" in John 13:34?
9. . If the ten commandments are going to be in heaven, what is the use of "thou shalt not commit adultery", if there is no marriage in heaven? See: Luke 20:34-35.
10. If the Sabbath was given to all men, why were Gentiles called "strangers". Why were Gentiles outside the gates not required to keep the Sabbath? See: Exodus 20:10.
11. Why did God often criticize the Gentiles via the prophets for moral violations, but never for not keeping the Sabbath?
12. If the Gentiles were supposed to keep the Sabbath, why are they called "strangers of the Covenant" in Ephesians 2:12?
13. If the 10 commandments are the highest and most complete expression of God's will, then why did it lack the two most important commandments? Matthew 22:36-40 where is the prohibition against drunkenness, homosexuality and fornication?
14. If the 10 commandments are the highest and most complete expression of God's will, then why did Jesus give a new commandment to "love one another, even as I have loved you" John 13:34. Where were the Jews told to love their neighbor as Yahweh loved them?
15. If the fact that the Sabbath is mentioned in the New Testament after Pentecost proves it is still in force, then does the mention of The Day of Pentecost Acts 2:1, The days of unleavened bread Acts 12:3; 20:6, Days of Purification: Acts 21:26, Animal Sacrifices: Acts 21:26, Circumcision: Acts 16:3, Temple worship: Acts 24:12 prove we must keep these too because they are also mentioned and must therefore also still be in force like the Sabbath?

Source used:
100 Sabbath keeper stumper questions.
(Note: I did not list all their questions; In fact, I do not agree with some of their questions).

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To anyone who truly cherishes God's Holy Word and the Lord Jesus Christ here are the answers provided below:
1. Why is the weekly Sabbath commandment never quoted in the New Testament?
The question is based on a false statement. God's 4th commandments is discussed all through the new testament as well as everyone of God's 10 commandments. The scriptures have already been provided in detail in post # 56 linked; post # 57 linked and post # 58 linked.

The biblical historical records show that God's people all through time from the early prophets and God's people, to Jesus and all the Apostles, even after the death of Jesus to God's people all through time to this very present day, have all kept God's 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath unbroken in time.

JESUS says think not that I have come to destroy the law and the prophets I have not come to destroy but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, Till heaven and earth pass, one stroke or one pronunciation mark shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.Whoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. - Matthew 5:17-19.

JESUS taught us in the gospels that hs is the creator God and Lord of the Sabbath and that he made the Sabbath at creation for all mankind and that it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath day *Matthew 12:1-12...

MARK 2:27-28 [27], And he said unto them, THE SABBATH WAS MADE FOR MAN, and not man for the sabbath:[28], so that the Son of man is LORD OF THE SABBATH (creator).

The GREEK word highlighted here for MAN in MARK 2:27 is ἄνθρωπος; anthrōpos (G444) which means HUMAN BEING or mankind.

Paul sums it up nicely when he says..

HEBREWS 4:9 SO THEN IT REMAINS FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO KEEP THE SABBATH
2. Why is there no example of exclusively Christians coming together on the Sabbath day as a church or prayer meeting after the resurrection of Christ?
The question is another question based on another false statement. Those who follow JESUS are both Jews and Gentile believers. The bible was written by Jews who tell us that Gentile believers are now grafted in with God's people who are all one in Christ *Romans 11:13-27. In the new testament God's true ISRAEL are all those who believe and follow God's Word *Romans 9:6-8. If we are not a part of God's ISRAEL grafted in through faith then we have no part in God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12 (from Jeremiah 31:31-34). JESUS and all the Apostles met together to discuss God's Word in the days of JESUS and after the resurrection of JESUS as shown through the scriptures...

Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Acts 16:13-14 And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spoke to the women which resorted thither. And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended to the things which were spoken of Paul.

Acts 13:13-14 Now when Paul and his company loosed from Paphos, they came to Perga in Pamphylia: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.

Acts 13:43-45 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spoke against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures

Acts 18:4 And he (Paul) reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
3. Why is there no command in the New Testament for Christians to keep the Sabbath holy?
The question is another question based on another false statement. Everyone of God's 10 commandments are repeated all through the new testament scriptures as a requirement for Christian living. The scriptures have already been provided in detail in post # 56 linked; post # 57 linked and post # 58 linked.
4. If the Sabbath was intended for all people, both Jew and Gentile, then why does Exodus 31:16-17 state that the Sabbath was a sign between God and the "Children of Israel" instead of clarifying that it should be kept by all people of all nations for all time?

ISRAEL is only a name given by God to all those who believe and follow Gods' Word. According to God's Word in the new covenant God's ISRAEL is not in the flesh but in the Spirit and are all those who believe and follow Gods' Word *Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:29-29; Galatians 3:28-29. Gentile believers are now grafted in and we are all one in Christ *Romans 11:13-27. If we are not a part of God's ISRAEL as have no part in Gods new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12 (from Jeremiah 31:31-34).
5. If we must follow the example of Jesus in all things like keeping the Sabbath, then why do Sabbatarians not follow the example of Jesus in circumcision, animal sacrifices and keeping Passover?
Passover is a "shadow law" from the Mosiac book of the old covenant representing Jesus as our true passover and fulfilled in Christ. 1 Corinthians 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, as you are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us
6. If the Sabbath law is still in force, then why do they not stone their own members when they break the Sabbath as the law said?
The stoning laws or death penalty was given to anyone who was found guilty of openly breaking nearly everyone of God's 10 commandments under the civil laws of Israel in the old covenant and were not restricted only to God's 4th commandment which is only one of the 10 commandments. For example, these civil laws of Moses to help teach God’s people that the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23) The same death penalty was given to anyone who was caught breaking 1st . Commandment, Thou shalt have no other gods before me (Exodus 20:3; Deuteronomy 17:1-5; 14:6-10; Exodus 22:20); 2nd Commandment, Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any idols (Exodus 20:4; Deuteronomy 27: 15); 3rd Commandment, Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain (Exodus 20:7; Leviticus 24:16); 4th yep; 5th commandment and cursing there Mother and farther (Exodus 20:12; Exodus 21:15-17); 6th commandment thou shalt not kill (Exodus 20: 13; Leviticus 24:17; Numbers 35:31-33); 7th commandment thou shalt not commit Adultery (Exodus 20:14; Leviticus 20:10; John 8:3-5) etc. This ceased during the time of Christ when Israel was under Roman law and at the death of Christ bringing in the NC. The death penalty is still in force today for those that do not repent before the time of judgement is finished (Romans 6:23; James 2:8-12). The only difference today is that we are in the new covenant now so we no longer put people to open death and we are not in the nation of ISRAEL. The death penalty for sin is still the same however for those who reject the gift of God's dear son *Romans 6:23 but JESUS says vengence is mine and his reward will be with him at the 2nd coming *Romans 12:19-21; Revelation 22:12
7. If the Sabbath is not a ceremonial law, then why is it lumped into the same identical class of "holy convocations" as the rest of the Jewish feast days? See: Leviticus 23.
Gods 4th commandment is every seventh day *Exodus 20:8-11 not once a year like the annual ceremonial sabbaths where. It is listed in Leviticus 23 because some of the feast days went longer then one week. Gods' 4th commandment is not a ceremonial law. It is a memorial (Remember) law to remember the God of creation *Exodus 20:8-11 and a moral law of our duty of Love to God. (scriptures already provided here linked)

more to come...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
8. If the Sabbath cannot change, because God cannot change (Mal 3:6) then what about all the other feast days and laws that changed? See: Hebrews 7:12. And why did Jesus give a "a new commandment" in John 13:34?
God's 10 commandments are God's eternal law written with the finger of God on tables of stone. They are the work of God *Exodus 32:16

Was everyone of the 10 commandment "spoken by God"? (Exodus 20:1-17)

Exodus 20:1-17 "And GOD SPOKE ALL THESE WORDS SAYING....

After God spoke the ten commandments *Exodus 20:1-17

Exodus 20:18-20 [18], And all the people saw the thunder, and the lightning, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off. [19], And they said to Moses, Speak you with us, and we will hear: but LET NOT GOD SPEAK WITH US LEST WE DIE. [20], And Moses said to the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that you sin not.

- Yep God spoke everyone of the 10 commandments...

Is Gods Word forever?

Psalm 119:89 YOUR WORD O Lord, IS ETERNAL is firmly fixed in the heavens.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but MY WORDS WILL NEVER PASS AWAY.

1 Peter 1:25 BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER." And this is the word which was preached to you.

Matthew 5:18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Yep - God's Word is forever. Therefore if God's 10 commandments are the "spoken Word of God", it is God's Word not mine that says that God's 10 commandments are forever not me.

We have a choice dear friend. We can read the 10 commandments from the tables of stone the show us give us the knowledge of what sin is *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 or we can receive the Gospel and God's free gift of grace through the cross and receive forgiveness and newness of life to be free to walk in God's spirit and receive a new heart to love through grace. *Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 8:1-4; Galatians 5:16. Unless we are born again with a new heart to love and God's law is written in our heart we cannot see the kingdom of heaven according to Jesus *John 3:3-7. Those who are born again to love and have received Gods new covenant promise of his law being written on the heart through faith *Hebrews 8:10-12; Romans 13:8-10; Romans 3:31 do not practice sin (breaking God's law) *1 John 3:6-9. According to the scriptures those who claim they know God and knowingly practice sin are lying and the truth is not in them *1 John 2:3-4. Sin, which is defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments and not believing God's Word *James 2:10-11; 1 John 3:4; Romans 14:23 according to the scriptures is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14.

The 10 commandments were not only the Word of God which is eternal and forever it is the "WORK OF GOD" written with God's own finger.

Was the 10 commandments the work of God?

Exodus 32:16 And THE TABLES WHERE THE WORK OF GOD AND THE WRITING WAS THE WRITING OF GOD GRAVEN ON TABLES OF STONE.

Exodus 31:18 And he gave to Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him on mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, WRITTEN WITH THE FINGER OF GOD.

Yep the 10 commandments are the work of God alrighty!

Is God's work forever?

Ecclesiastes 3:14 I KNOW WHATREVER GOD DOES IT SHALL BE FOREVER; nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God does it, that men should fear before him.

Is Gods' law eternal?

Psalms 19:9-11 [9] God’s laws are pure, eternal, just. [10] They are more desirable than gold. They are sweeter than honey dripping from a honeycomb. [11] For they warn us away from harm and give success to those who obey them

CONCLUSIONS:

The scripture shows above that God's 10 commandments are the "spoken word of God" which is eternal and forever *Exodus 20:1-17; Exodus 20:18-20; Psalm 119:89; Matthew 24:35; 1 Peter 1:25; Matthew 5:18; Matthew 4:4 and we are to live by everyone of them *Matthew 4:4. - Therefore the scriptures teach that God's 10 commandments are eternal and forever.

The scriptures show that Gods 10 commandments are the work of God alone and the writing of God with God's own finger *Exodus 32:16; Exodus 31:18 and anything God does it is eternal and forever *Ecclesiastes 3:14 - Therefore the scriptures teach that God's 10 commandments are eternal and forever.

ANSWER: Now unlike Gods' 10 commandments which are written in stone and God's eternal law of Good and evil, sin and righteousness, that give us the knowledge of what sin is in the new covenant *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172, the annual Jewish feast days are the Mosaic annual "shadow laws" written in the book of the law (not tables of stone) by Moses (not God) that are prophetic in nature pointing to Jesus and God's plan of salvation in the new covenant.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 ...'Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.'
9. . If the ten commandments are going to be in heaven, what is the use of "thou shalt not commit adultery", if there is no marriage in heaven? See: Luke 20:34-35.
In heaven there will be no law as love is how God's law is expressed *Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 13:8-10. Those who are born again do not practice sin (breaking God's commandments). In heaven there is no individual marriages but one big one as God's church is his bride and Jesus is the husband and we are to be faithful always to Christ *Jeremiah 3:14; Matthew 9:15; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 21:9 etc..
10. If the Sabbath was given to all men, why were Gentiles called "strangers". Why were Gentiles outside the gates not required to keep the Sabbath? See: Exodus 20:10.
In the new covenant the gentiles are no lonfer called strangers

Ephesians 2:19, [19], Now therefore you are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God

ISRAEL is only a name given by God to all those who believe and follow Gods' Word. According to God's Word in the new covenant God's ISRAEL is not in the flesh but in the Spirit and are all those who believe and follow Gods' Word *Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:29-29; Galatians 3:28-29. Gentile believers are now grafted in and we are all one in Christ *Romans 11:13-27. If we are not a part of God's ISRAEL as have no part in Gods new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12 (from Jeremiah 31:31-34).
11. Why did God often criticize the Gentiles via the prophets for moral violations, but never for not keeping the Sabbath?
The old covenant was for physical Israel in the flesh. After the death of Jesus we are now in the new covenant *Jeremiah 31:31-34; Hebrews 8:10-12. God's ISRAEL is not in the flesh but in the Spirit and are all those who believe and follow Gods' Word *Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:29-29; Galatians 3:28-29. Gentile believers are now grafted in and we are all one in Christ *Romans 11:13-27. If we are not a part of God's ISRAEL as have no part in Gods new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12. Also, God does not hold us accountable to sin until we know what sin is *James 4:17; Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31.
12. If the Gentiles were supposed to keep the Sabbath, why are they called "strangers of the Covenant" in Ephesians 2:12?
See precvious section and the new covenant scriptures supplied. Ephesians 2:19, [19], Now therefore you are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God
13. If the 10 commandments are the highest and most complete expression of God's will, then why did it lack the two most important commandments? Matthew 22:36-40 where is the prohibition against drunkenness, homosexuality and fornication?
The question is based on a false statement. Love is how God's law is kept from the heart (see Matthew 5:17-32. When Jesus said that the two great commandments were love to God and love to man in Matthew 22:36-39 he also said in v40 "ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS. Also Jesus was quoting from the old testament scriptures in Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18.
14. If the 10 commandments are the highest and most complete expression of God's will, then why did Jesus give a new commandment to "love one another, even as I have loved you" John 13:34. Where were the Jews told to love their neighbor as Yahweh loved them?
No one had ever loved another as God had loved us. That is why we need to be born again to love as Jesus loved.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loves is born of God, and knows God.

1 John 3:9 Whoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

This is God's new covenant promise of a new heart to love *Hebrews 8:10-12. According to Jesus unless we are born again to love we cannot enter into Gods kingdom *John 3:3-7. Whosoever is born of God does not knowingly practice sin *1 John 3:6-9. Sin is defined in God's Word as breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments and not believing and following God's Word *1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Romans 14:23.
15. If the fact that the Sabbath is mentioned in the New Testament after Pentecost proves it is still in force, then does the mention of The Day of Pentecost Acts 2:1, The days of unleavened bread Acts 12:3; 20:6, Days of Purification: Acts 21:26, Animal Sacrifices: Acts 21:26, Circumcision: Acts 16:3, Temple worship: Acts 24:12 prove we must keep these too because they are also mentioned and must therefore also still be in force like the Sabbath?
Strawman question. The others have scriptures that provide their fulfillment in the new covenant.

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day. This is a tradition and teaching handed down to christianity that is not biblical.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear believers who have ears to hear:

First, Sabbatarian Christians do not understand what the word “fulfill” means in relation “to destroy” in Matthew 5:17-19. Here is the passage:

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:17-19).​

For example: If I took an apple seed, and a hammer, and I smashed the apple seed with the hammer, I would be destroying that apple seed. But if the apple seed was healthy, and I planted that apple seed into the ground, and took care of that seed, and the conditions were right, it would grow into an apple tree. The apple seed growing into being an apple tree would have fulfilled its intended purpose. The apple seed is not destroyed but it changed or turned into being in apple tree.

The same is true with God's laws. They were not outright destroyed altogether, but they changed and grew into far superior laws with the giving of the commands by Jesus and His followers in the New Covenant or New Testament.

Second, Sabbatarian Christians do not understand the word “law” that Jesus referred to in Matthew 5:18 about how that not one jot or tittle shall pass until heaven and earth shall pass away until all be fulfilled. What they fail to understand is that Jesus was referring to the word “law,” as being: “the law, or the prophets” in Matthew 5:17 (Which is the context). Meaning: the law is a package deal with the prophets and their fulfillment. In other words, it is true that heaven and earth will not pass away until the law AND (OR) the prophets are fulfilled. So when the OT prophecy of the end times and Christ's return happens, then this Earth will pass away. But the Old Law passed away officially when Christ died upon the cross. The Law portion of the law and the prophets has been fulfilled but the prophets portion of the Law and the Prophets has not been fulfilled yet.

If you were to go to BlueLetterBible, and search the keywords,
the law and the prophets” you will discover 6 direct references and several (similar) non-direct references. You can see such search results at this link here:

Blue Letter Bible search - the law and the prophets.

If you looked at the results, you would see Luke 16:16. This verse says:

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.” (Luke 16:16).
Matthew 11:13 says,

“For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.” (Matthew 11:13).​

Jesus offered a new way that was different than the Law and the prophets that were until John the baptist. Jesus preached the kingdom of God instead. Jesus said to turn the other cheek instead of an eye for an eye. Jesus said to not make any oaths at all vs. making oaths according to the Old Law. Jesus said we are to pray, do good, and love our enemies vs. killing or wiping out the surrounding enemy nations by God's command in the Old Testament. Jesus did not appear to be in acceptance any longer on the Law on stoning another based on adultery. For he prevented the woman caught in act of adultery forgiveness instead of her being stoned for her sin. Things have changed in the Law. This is what Hebrews 7:12 plainly says.

We can see that Jesus offered a new and better way with His commands. Thus His commands were a better fulfillment than the Old Testament commands.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear faithful believers to Jesus and His Word:

Sabbatarian Christians will sometimes say that history (historical records) show that God's people kept the Sabbath command. While there were Ebionite and Nazarene Jewish Christians who kept the Sabbath, this was not the norm among regular non-Jewish Christians. I would recommend checking out this article here to learn more on this point:

Sabbath and Sunday in the Early Church | GCI Archive

Sabbatarian Christians will also say that there are many references to keeping the Sabbath in the New Testament. This is patently false. There is no direct Sabbath command given anywhere in the New Testament like: “Thou shalt keep the Sabbath.” Nowhere does any clear teaching of how we must keep the Saturday Sabbath after the cross, either. On the contrary, Colossians 2:16 says we are not to let others judge us according to Sabbaths. Of course, Christian Sabbatarians do not believe the Saturday Sabbath is included in these Sabbaths mentioned in Colossians 2:16 (Which doesn't sound consistent or logical). For the Saturday Sabbath is a Sabbath and it would be included among the Sabbaths.

Upvote 0