Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
(re-posting these questions for consideration by those who are seeking to know God's Word)

To anyone who truly cherishes God's Holy Word and the Lord Jesus Christ:

Here are some questions that you should ask yourself in regards to what you have been taught about God's 4th commandment which is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken and claims to Sunday as a day of worship.

Can anyone please show me where in all the bible does is say (SOLA SCRIPTURA; Scripture only please)...

1. That God's 4th commandments 7th day Sabbath has been abolished?

2. That Jesus is a Sabbath?

3. The Sabbath (seventh day) was ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?

4. Where we are told to keep the first day of the week holy?

5. Where the first day of the week (Sunday) is ever called a holy day?

6. That says that Jesus ever kept the first day (Sunday)?

7. That tells us to keep the first day in honour of the resurrection of Christ?

8. Where the first day is ever given any sacred name?

9. That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?

10. From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?

11. Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?

12. That says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day?

13. That says the seventh day Sabbath is ABOLISHED?

14. Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?

15. Where the first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day?

16. Where the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day?

17. That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?

18. That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?

19. That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

20. That calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday the “Christian Sabbath”?

21. Telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week?

22. Authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day?

23. Showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

24. Authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?

25. Where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

26. Declaring that the seventh day is no longer the Eternal Sabbath day?

27. Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day?

28. Where is the scripture that says Gods 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day?

Something to think about here because we are all accountable to God come judgment day where we will all be judged by the Word of God we accept or reject (John 12:47-48).

May God bless you all as you seek him through his Word

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I get no indication that the Sabbath is a weightier matter of the Law in the New Covenant. I will again restress the same points I made before briefly. First, there is no direct command to keep the Sabbath in the NT Scriptures (Especially after Christ's death). Second, the breaking of the Sabbath is not listed as a sin along other sins that Paul condemns in Galatians 5:19-21, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Colossians 3:5-6, etc. Three, Colossians 2:16, and Romans 14:5 make it clear that the Sabbath is no longer a binding command.

However, there is one more thing I would like to add (that I did not mention before). Its when a Christian group makes their own Bible. For I am always suspicious of any self professing Christian denomination that creates their own translation to prove their own set of biased beliefs. For example: The Douay–Rheims Bible is a Catholic Bible that is biased towards supporting the Catholic beliefs. The New World Translation Bible is a Jehovah's Witness Bible that is biased towards supporting the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. One of the most popular Sabbatarian Christian denominations is the SDA (Seventh Day Adventist) church. The SDA church also has their own SDA Bible that pushes their set of biased beliefs; It is called the Clear Word Bible (CW). We can see the clear distortions on their promotion of the Sabbath in their Bible (CW) vs. the King James Bible (KJB).

Colossians 2:16:

KJB - Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days.

CW - Don't let anyone control you life by giving you a set of ceremonial rules about what to eat, what to drink and what monthly festivals or special Sabbaths to keep.​

Notice how the Advenist CW translation added in the word “special” before the word “sabbaths.” They also capitalized the word as: “Sabbaths” so as to stress the importance of their view of sabbath keeping.

Acts of the Apostles 20:6:

KJB -And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

CW - After sundown on Saturday night, the believers got together for a fellowship meal and to say good-by to Paul. That evening he spoke to them until midnight, after which he hoped to get a few hours sleep before leaving early Sunday morning.​

The CW translation states the first day of the week is actually takes place on a Saturday night, and it changes the words "break bread", a term used by the early church for the keeping of the Lord's supper, with the words: “a fellowship meal and to say good-by to Paul.” This alteration in God's Word entirely changes the message of this verse to align with SDA Sabbatarian beliefs. This is to alter the truth that the disciples gathered every Sunday (the first day of the week) to have fellowship in breaking bread.

Hebrews 4:4

KJB -For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

CW
- That's why at creation He gave man the seventh-day Sabbath, not only as a reminder of creation week, but also as a symbol of spiritual rest. According to the Scriptures, God Himself rested on the seventh day and enjoyed this special time with man.​

Notice how the CW says "according to the Scriptures," and then adds the words "symbol of spiritual rest" and the words "special time with man." This again pushes Sabbath beliefs by the SDA church.

Revelation 1:10

KJB - I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day.

CW - On Sabbath morning when I had gone to the rocky island shore to meditate and worship.​

Notice how the CW translation replaces the words “the Lord's day” with the words On the Sabbath morning” to push the SDA Sabbatarian beliefs.

So in conclusion:

If a person were to compare the Scriptural differences (shown above) between the Clear Word translation (CW) vs. the King James Bible (KJB), they will notice that the SDA church pushes their own Sabbatarian agenda with their CW translation. For the CW translation adds and takes away from God's Holy Word so as to promote Seventh Day Adventist Sabbatarian beliefs.

Dear Christian reader be on your guard against such things. Any Christian group that has to create their own Bible should send off red flags for you. This is but one link in the chain by Sabbatarian Christian groups that show how they handle God's Word to promote a command that has been nailed to the cross (See: Colossians 2:14, and Colossians 2:16-17).

Paul says,

“Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.” (Galatians 4:10-11).​

Clearly observing the weekly Sabbath is observing days. Paul says he was afraid that the Galatians were doing this kind of thing. So the Sabbath is not one of the weightier matters of the Law as the SDA and other Sabbatarian groups promote.

Side Note:

Yes, I am aware that one branch in the SDA church does not endorse the CW translation. But they are not exactly in disagreement with the doctrine that is taught within the CW translation. Also, the CW translation was created by SDA adherents and is still sold by the SDA church today. I cannot even find an easy and quick link to an online version of the CW translation, either; Thus, this means that they are not making the Word of God for free for all as it should be. If there is a free version out there, its not easy for all to discover. But Scripture talks about how we are to buy the milk of God's Word without price.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, I get no indication that the Sabbath is a weightier matter of the Law in the New Covenant. I will again restress the same points I made before briefly. First, there is no direct command to keep the Sabbath in the NT Scriptures (Especially after Christ's death). Second, the breaking of the Sabbath is not listed as a sin along other sins that Paul condemns in Galatians 5:19-21, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Colossians 3:5-6, etc. Three, Colossians 2:16, and Romans 14:5 make it clear that the Sabbath is no longer a binding command.

However, there is one more thing I would like to add (that I did not mention before). Its when a Christian group makes their own Bible. For I am always suspicious of any self professing Christian denomination that creates their own translation to prove their own set of biased beliefs. For example: The Douay–Rheims Bible is a Catholic Bible that is biased towards supporting the Catholic beliefs. The New World Translation Bible is a Jehovah's Witness Bible that is biased towards supporting the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. One of the most popular Sabbatarian Christian denominations is the SDA (Seventh Day Adventist) church. The SDA church also has their own SDA Bible that pushes their set of biased beliefs; It is called the Clear Word Bible (CW). We can see the clear distortions on their promotion of the Sabbath in their Bible (CW) vs. the King James Bible (KJB).

Colossians 2:16:

KJB - Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days.

CW - Don't let anyone control you life by giving you a set of ceremonial rules about what to eat, what to drink and what monthly festivals or special Sabbaths to keep.​

Notice how the Advenist CW translation added in the word “special” before the word “sabbaths.” They also capitalized the word as: “Sabbaths” so as to stress the importance of their view of sabbath keeping.

Acts of the Apostles 20:6:

KJB -And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

CW - After sundown on Saturday night, the believers got together for a fellowship meal and to say good-by to Paul. That evening he spoke to them until midnight, after which he hoped to get a few hours sleep before leaving early Sunday morning.​

The CW translation states the first day of the week is actually takes place on a Saturday night, and it changes the words "break bread", a term used by the early church for the keeping of the Lord's supper, with the words: “a fellowship meal and to say good-by to Paul.” This alteration in God's Word entirely changes the message of this verse to align with SDA Sabbatarian beliefs. This is to alter the truth that the disciples gathered every Sunday (the first day of the week) to have fellowship in breaking bread.

Hebrews 4:4

KJB -For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

CW
- That's why at creation He gave man the seventh-day Sabbath, not only as a reminder of creation week, but also as a symbol of spiritual rest. According to the Scriptures, God Himself rested on the seventh day and enjoyed this special time with man.​

Notice how the CW says "according to the Scriptures," and then adds the words "symbol of spiritual rest" and the words "special time with man." This again pushes Sabbath beliefs by the SDA church.

Revelation 1:10

KJB - I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day.

CW - On Sabbath morning when I had gone to the rocky island shore to meditate and worship.​

Notice how the CW translation replaces the words “the Lord's day” with the words On the Sabbath morning” to push the SDA Sabbatarian beliefs.

So in conclusion:

If a person were to compare the Scriptural differences (shown above) between the Clear Word translation (CW) vs. the King James Bible (KJB), they will notice that the SDA church pushes their own Sabbatarian agenda with their CW translation. For the CW translation adds and takes away from God's Holy Word so as to promote Seventh Day Adventist Sabbatarian beliefs.

Dear Christian reader be on your guard against such things. Any Christian group that has to create their own Bible should send off red flags for you. This is but one link in the chain by Sabbatarian Christian groups that show how they handle God's Word to promote a command that has been nailed to the cross (See: Colossians 2:14, and Colossians 2:16-17).

Paul says,

“Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.” (Galatians 4:10-11).​

Clearly observing the weekly Sabbath is observing days. Paul says he was afraid that the Galatians were doing this kind of thing. So the Sabbath is not one of the weightier matters of the Law as the SDA and other Sabbatarian groups promote.

Side Note:

Yes, I am aware that one branch in the SDA church does not endorse the CW translation. But they are not exactly in disagreement with the doctrine that is taught within the CW translation. Also, the CW translation was created by SDA adherents and is still sold by the SDA church today. I cannot even find an easy and quick link to an online version of the CW translation, either; Thus, this means that they are not making the Word of God for free for all as it should be. If there is a free version out there, its not easy for all to discover. But Scripture talks about how we are to buy the milk of God's Word without price.
Acts 20:7 is indeed showing them gathering on a “saturday” night.

the first day of the week, scripturally, starts on “Saturday” evening.

acts 20:7
And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

Notice that they gathered on the “first day of the week” and Paul preached until midnight. They were gathered on a “Saturday” night.

Acts 20:7 does not show them gathering during the day portion of the 1st day of the week.

They were together all “Saturday” night, and Paul left on “Sunday” morning.

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟325,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Notice that they gathered on the “first day of the week” and Paul preached until midnight. They were gathered on a “Saturday” night.

Acts 20:7 does not show them gathering during the day portion of the 1st day of the week.

Just a reminder that there was never a commandment that teaches we must "gather" on God's Holy Sabbath. Only that we keep it Holy and fast from the world, or working on that day. The Law about "gathering" on the Sabbath came from the Levitical Priesthood which had a temple made of wood and stone in which Levite Priests would read from the Book of the Law every 7th day. In the New Covenant, there is no longer this Priesthood. WE can now read from the Book of the Law on our own, in our own home. The tradition of "gathering" on the Sabbath in a temple made of wood and stone is an extension of the old priesthood covenant adopted by the early Catholic religion, and continued today by her many, many daughters.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

No. A Jewish calendar day is from sunset to sunset. So in reality, Saturday night in Jewish time begins a Saturday calendar day. The false CW translation is either:

(a) Using our Gentile understanding of a Saturday night (Which is not accurate to the Jewish understanding of a calendar day), or:
(b) It is referring to Saturday night (the beginning of a Saturday calendar Jewish day) and not a Sunday (i.e. the first day of the week); Which would be false.​

Acts of the Apostles 20:7 does not clarify whether they met during the evening or during the day when they gathered on the first day of the week. It could have equally been either one. The CW Sabbatarian translation simply pushes their Sabbath agenda upon this verse by saying Saturday night when in reality it was the first day of the week.

Anyways, you missed the entire point I was trying to make. The SDA has their own Bible that caters to their own biased set of beliefs towards keeping the Sabbath, just as other certain Christian denominations have their own Bibles to cater to their own preferred beliefs. This should be a red flag to question their beliefs and to re-examine the Scriptures more carefully on this matter.

The Sabbath is clearly not one of the weightier matters of the Law. There is no NT Scripture suggesting such a thing at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Yes great point DKH. To be honest I have never understood why people try to use that scripture to try and support the tradition of Sunday worship over God's direct 4th commandment to his people, but like all the other scriptures when you look at the context it never says what some claim it is saying. That is why it is always important to look at the scripture context

God bless.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The SDA has their own Bible that caters to their own biased set of beliefs towards keeping the Sabbath, just as other certain Christian denominations have their own Bibles to cater to their own preferred beliefs. This should be a red flag to question their beliefs and to re-examine the Scriptures more carefully on this matter. The Sabbath is clearly not one of the weightier matters of the Law. There is no NT Scripture suggesting such a thing at all.

Well I would respectfully disagree with your post here. I have only ever used the KJV when sharing God's Word here. For me personally when prayerfully studying Gods Word, I also consider the within chapter context to determine subject matter as well as the within scripture contexts to determine Hebrew and Greek word meanings with help from BDAG and Halot and other resources. These are then checked with parallel translations found on the free online resource called Biblehub which I also use and share sometimes. I prayerfully study God's Word for myself, claiming God's promises that he will be my guide and teacher. I believe we will never find the truth of God's Word if we seek it from men who follow their own traditions that go against the Word of God or from the word of websites. According to the scripture for me a red flag is when religious teachers of today try and claim that any of God's 10 commandments are abolished. As shown through the scriptures alone throughout this thread, these claims are not biblical. God's Word provides us with ref flags as shown in 1 John 2:3-4 and Matthew 15:3-9. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God according to the scriptures *Romans 3:4.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Just a reminder that there was never a commandment that teaches we must "gather" on God's Holy Sabbath. Only that we keep it Holy and fast from the world, or working on that day. The Law about "gathering" on the Sabbath came from the Levitical Priesthood which had a temple made of wood and stone in which Levite Priests would read from the Book of the Law every 7th day. In the New Covenant, there is no longer this Priesthood. WE can now read from the Book of the Law on our own, in our own home. The tradition of "gathering" on the Sabbath in a temple made of wood and stone is an extension of the old priesthood covenant adopted by the early Catholic religion, and continued today by her many, many daughters.

This is a good point and something I try to bring up a lot. There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says God's 4th commandment is now abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day. This is a man made teaching and tradition that is not biblical according to the scriptures.

God bless

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To all:

What one adherent of the SDA church does differently (or even one branch) is not going to change the fact that the SDA church created their own Bible called the “Clear Word Bible” (CW) with their own set of biased beliefs that are in line with the SDA church. In other words, a Jehovah's Witness can claim that they only use the KJV, but that does not change the fact that many JW's use the New World Translation and it does not change the fact that they have their own created translation that is catered to their own set of beliefs.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To all:

It is sad that some like to spread misinformation about others or did not do their due dilligence before posting claims that are not true. Claims have been made that the SDA Church have their own bible giving the idea that the members of the SDA Church use this book in place of the normal bible to cater to their own beliefs similar to the JW's and other religions that solely use their own version of the bible in place of what everyone accepts and uses today as the bible.

These claims are simply unfounded and not true. Here is a little about this book by the publishers and the official SDA Church's statement about the Clear Word devotional here so there can be no misunderstanding

"The Clear Word is a devotional paraphrase of the Bible, an interpretive text written as a personal devotional exercise by Jack Blanco, former dean of the School of Religion at Southern Adventist University, to be an additional study tool and devotional alongside the Bible. Major portions of the translation are material added by the author as it is a 'free paraphrase' of the Bible.

A statement by the South Pacific Division in response to claims the Adventist church encourages use of The Clear Word above traditional Bible versions:

"The Clear Word Bible is not produced, nor endorsed by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, but is the private enterprise of an individual. The Adventist Church does not use the Clear Word edition, which includes passages from Ellen G. White’s writings, for its worship services and Bible studies around the world, but quotes from well known and well accepted Bible translations in the various languages. In the English language for example, the church uses the King James Version, the Revised Standard Version, the New American Bible, the New International Version, and others." — Australasian Conference Association Limited

To be honest in my own personal experience, I have only ever met one person that used the above "Clear Word" devotional that is not even endorsed by the SDA Church.

Hope this is helpful

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To all:

As I pointed out before. One branch of the SDA (Note: This would be the  Australasian Conference Association Limited) does not endorse the Clear Word Bible. There may be even a few members here and there who do not agree with this translation, but that does not mean that the rest of the SDA organization does not use it, and it does not mean that the official Adventist organization (as a whole) does not endorse this Bible.

According to Wikipedia:

A former President of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Pastor Robert S. Folkenberg read it and endorsed it. It was also advertised on more than one occasion in the Adventist Review.

Adventist.org promotes this translation on their website; It states:

“The best-known paraphrases are The Clear Word (Clear Word), The Living Bible (TLB), and The Message (Message).”​

Source:
Choosing a Bible Translation | Adventist.org

Notice how they mention the Clear Word translation first.

In addition, we see that the first Bible they promote on their book store is the Clear Word Bible. You can check that out at the following link:

Bibles

In other words, just because one branch does not endorse it, does not mean that the organization as whole does not. It's promoted at Adventist.org and the SDA shop or online bookstore.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To all:

The fact of the matter is that the Clear Word Bible fits more the theology of what the SDA adherent or Sabbatarian Christian wants the KJV to say in Colossians 2:16, Acts of the Apostles 20:6, Hebrews 4:4, and Revelation 1:10, etc.; Hence, why a former president of the SDA endorsed it, and why the SDA organization did a positive review of this Bible, and why they promote it in their bookstore, and why they still promote it on their official website (Adventist.org).

Again, you cannot read Colossians 2:16 in the KJV and come away thinking that the weekly Sabbath is excluded. Colossians 2:16 in the “Clear Word Bible” says exactly what the SDA proponent wants. It says, “special Sabbaths.” But the KJV does not say that. Plus, nowhere does the context support that conclusion, either. Colossians 2, or 3 does not say something like: “When I speak of not letting anyone not judge you according to Sabbaths, this is not in reference to the weekly Sabbath.” Words along these lines is what we would need to see in order for the SDA or Sabbatarian Christian's view on Colossians 2:16 to be true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟325,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To all:

The fact of the matter is that the Clear Water Bible fits more the theology of what the SDA adherent or Sabbatarian Christian wants the KJV to say in Colossians 2:16, Acts of the Apostles 20:6, Hebrews 4:4, and Revelation 1:10, etc.; Hence, why a former president of the SDA endorsed it, and why the SDA organization did a positive review of this Bible, and why they promote it in their bookstore, and why they still promote it on their official website (Adventist.org).

Again, you cannot read Colossians 2:16 in the KJV and come away thinking that the weekly Sabbath is excluded. Colossians 2:16 in the “Clear Word Bible” says exactly what the SDA proponent wants. It says, “special Sabbaths.” But the KJV does not say that. Plus, nowhere does the context support that conclusion, either. Colossians 2, or 3 does not say something like: “When I speak of not letting anyone not judge you according to Sabbaths, this is not in reference to the weekly Sabbath.” Words along these lines is what we would need to see in order for the SDA or Sabbatarian Christian's view on Colossians 2:16 to be true.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟325,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To all:

The fact of the matter is that the Clear Water Bible fits more the theology of what the SDA adherent or Sabbatarian Christian wants the KJV to say in Colossians 2:16, Acts of the Apostles 20:6, Hebrews 4:4, and Revelation 1:10, etc.; Hence, why a former president of the SDA endorsed it, and why the SDA organization did a positive review of this Bible, and why they promote it in their bookstore, and why they still promote it on their official website (Adventist.org).

I agree that there is so distinction in the Bible between the importance of the Command not to Kill, and the importance of the command to Keep God's Weekly Sabbath Holy, and the importance of the Command to honor The Feasts of the Christ. "Many" religious men Judge God's Laws instead of submitting to them.

Paul is telling those men who have denied themselves, Repented and turned to God, not to let religious men with their religious philosophies and traditions judge them in their voluntary obedience to God's Instruction. Because they are from the Christ, not religious men.

At the same time Paul is rebuking those men who allow these "other voices" to turn them from the Path Jesus walked, and towards rudiments of the world, away from Christ. "Which all are to perish with the using, after the commandments and doctrines of men". (Not God)

There is a difference between the Christ Created "shadows of things to come" created and given to man by the Word of God which became Flesh, and man made doctrines and traditions created from the philosophies of ancient religious men.

How a man can come away from Col. 2 and not understand the difference between the doctrines and religious philosophies of men, and the Very Words and Creation of the Christ Himself is fascinating to me.

And yet, religious men use this chapter to convince others there is no difference between God's Own Words, and the religious traditions of men.

There is a difference.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To all:

First, for the record, I do not agree that all commands are the same (Despite some thinking I may agree with them, when I do not). I believe God's laws can be divided up into various different categories based on the type of command that it is. We can see that there are Moral Laws. These are any laws a person knows to do good as a part of nature. To love one's neighbor and not to do wrong against them. To love God. Ceremonial laws are any kinds of laws that are ritual based or based on some kind of observance or ceremony. Justice Laws are any laws that pertain to matters of justice. A simple comparison between the two covenants shows that both sets of laws are not the same in the slightest.

Second, Colossians 2 says,

14 “Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.”
(Colossians 2:14) (Colossians 2:16-17).

Verse 14 mentions ordinances that were against us that were contrary to us and they were nailed to the cross.

Verse 16 then mentions in context what these ordinances that were blotted out and nailed to the cross are. They are the things that we are not to let any man to judge us for. They are meats, drink, holy days, new moon, and the sabbath days.

Sabbath days (pural) is referring to any sabbath day. This would naturally include the weekly sabbath. There is nothing in the context that says that the weekly sabbath is excluded here. It is only Sabbatarians who want to keep the weekly Sabbath who add to Colossians 2:16 that these are special Sabbaths. In fact, the SDA paraphrase Bible called the Clear Word Bible adds this very interpretation in their Bible that supports their theology they want to be true. Without this addition made to Scripture, it is not clear that Colossians 2:16 is not specifically talking about special Sabbaths only and not the weekly Sabbath.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To all:

As I pointed out before. One branch of the SDA (Note: This would be the  Australasian Conference Association Limited) does not endorse the Clear Word Bible. There may be even a few members here and there who do not agree with this translation, but that does not mean that the rest of the SDA organization does not use it, and it does not mean that the official Adventist organization (as a whole) does not endorse this Bible.

According to Wikipedia:

A former President of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Pastor Robert S. Folkenberg read it and endorsed it. It was also advertised on more than one occasion in the Adventist Review.

Adventist.org promotes this translation on their website; It states:

“The best-known paraphrases are The Clear Word (Clear Word), The Living Bible (TLB), and The Message (Message).”​

Source:
Choosing a Bible Translation | Adventist.org

Notice how they mention the Clear Word translation first.

In addition, we see that the first Bible they promote on their book store is the Clear Word Bible. You can check that out at the following link:

Bibles

In other words, just because one branch does not endorse it, does not mean that the organization as whole does not. It's promoted at Adventist.org and the SDA shop or online bookstore.

The above is not true. Even if you follow those links through and read them they do not say what you are claiming they are in your post here.

Official position has already been posted here..

"The Clear Word Bible is not produced, nor endorsed by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, but is the private enterprise of an individual. The Adventist Church does not use the Clear Word edition, which includes passages from Ellen G. White’s writings, for its worship services and Bible studies around the world, but quotes from well known and well accepted Bible translations in the various languages. In the English language for example, the church uses the King James Version, the Revised Standard Version, the New American Bible, the New International Version, and others." — Australasian Conference Association Limited

Your spreading misinformation and making claims that are not the position of the SDA Church.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To all:

First, for the record, I do not agree that all commands are the same (Despite some thinking I may agree with them, when I do not). I believe God's laws can be divided up into various different categories based on the type of command that it is. We can see that there are Moral Laws. These are any laws a person knows to do good as a part of nature. To love one's neighbor and not to do wrong against them. To love God. Ceremonial laws are any kinds of laws that are ritual based or based on some kind of observance or ceremony. Justice Laws are any laws that pertain to matters of justice. A simple comparison between the two covenants shows that both sets of laws are not the same in the slightest.

14 “Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Verse 14 mentions ordinances that were agains
t us that were contrary to us and they were nailed to the cross.

Verse 16 then mentions in context what these ordinances that were blotted out and nailed to the cross are. They are the things that we are not to let any man to judge us for. They are meats, drink, holy days, new moon, and the sabbath days.

Sabbath days (pural) is referring to any sabbath day. This would naturally include the weekly sabbath. There is nothing in the context that says that the weekly sabbath is excluded here. It is only Sabbatarians who want to keep the weekly Sabbath who add to Colossians 2:16 that these are special Sabbaths. In fact, the SDA paraphrase Bible they endorse called the Clear Word Bible adds this very interpretation in their Bible that supports their theology they want to be true. Without this addition made to Scripture, it is not clear that Colossians 2:16 is not specifically talking about special Sabbaths only and not the weekly Sabbath.

Strangely enough this one has already been debunked through the scriptures some time ago shown here linked. There was only a strange silence in response with more repetition shown here.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I agree that there is so distinction in the Bible between the importance of the Command not to Kill, and the importance of the command to Keep God's Weekly Sabbath Holy, and the importance of the Command to honor The Feasts of the Christ. "Many" religious men Judge God's Laws instead of submitting to them.

Paul is telling those men who have denied themselves, Repented and turned to God, not to let religious men with their religious philosophies and traditions judge them in their voluntary obedience to God's Instruction. Because they are from the Christ, not religious men.

At the same time Paul is rebuking those men who allow these "other voices" to turn them from the Path Jesus walked, and towards rudiments of the world, away from Christ. "Which all are to perish with the using, after the commandments and doctrines of men". (Not God)

There is a difference between the Christ Created "shadows of things to come" created and given to man by the Word of God which became Flesh, and man made doctrines and traditions created from the philosophies of ancient religious men.

How a man can come away from Col. 2 and not understand the difference between the doctrines and religious philosophies of men, and the Very Words and Creation of the Christ Himself is fascinating to me.

And yet, religious men use this chapter to convince others there is no difference between God's Own Words, and the religious traditions of men.

There is a difference.

I like many points you bring out in your post here. It seems nothing has changed over the years. I agree with what you have explained about the religious teachers seeking to justify their teachings and traditions even if they break the very law of that God has given to mankind. Jesus gives the same warnings in Matthew 15:3-9. Thanks for sharing.

God bless

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟325,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To all:

First, for the record, I do not agree that all commands are the same (Despite some thinking I may agree with them, when I do not). I believe God's laws can be divided up into various different categories based on the type of command that it is. We can see that there are Moral Laws.
These are any laws a person knows to do good as a part of nature. To love one's neighbor and not to do wrong against them. To love God.

Ceremonial laws are any kinds of laws that are ritual based or based on some kind of observance or ceremony.

Justice Laws are any laws that pertain to matters of justice. A simple comparison between the two covenants shows that both sets of laws are not the same in the slightest.

Verse 14 mentions ordinances that were against us that were contrary to us and they were nailed to the cross.

Sabbath days (pural) is referring to any sabbath day. This would naturally include the weekly sabbath. There is nothing in the context that says that the weekly sabbath is excluded here. It is only Sabbatarians who want to keep the weekly Sabbath who add to Colossians 2:16 that these are special Sabbaths. In fact, the SDA paraphrase Bible called the Clear Word Bible adds this very interpretation in their Bible that supports their theology they want to be true. Without this addition made to Scripture, it is not clear that Colossians 2:16 is not specifically talking about special Sabbaths only and not the weekly Sabbath.

Jesus walked in the exact same Path that HE Created for others to walk in, as the Word of God. This is simply a Biblical Fact. And we are told to walk even as He Walked, another Biblical Fact.

And yet the only God of Abraham preaching religion of the planet, had created laws of their own.

Matt. 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Jesus explained how these Commandments of men were against us as well.

Matt. 23:4 For they (Mainstream Preachers of His Time, not God) bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Jesus said He came to save the "lost sheep". Why were they lost? If I believe in the Christ of the Bible, i would believe HIS reason given.

Jer. 50:6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

So the Biblical Truth here is that religious men, coming in God's Name, omitted much of God's Laws, and created their own "Handwriting of Ordinances" that they placed on the Necks of the Fathers that they couldn't bear. Why??? Because these ordinances were "against them", causing them to "transgress the Commandments of God by their religious traditions".

One such ordinance was "We have a Law, and by OUR Law, HE should die".

So according to one of their "handwritten ordinances" (There is no Law of God written on stone which says such a thing), Jesus, by His Lifestyle and Word's, deserved to Die. Another was that Gentiles were "without God and without hope in the world", both Commandments of men, and not God.

So they killed Jesus.

But Jesus didn't stay dead, did HE. God raised Him from the dead because God's Law didn't condemn Him, the handwriting or ordinances of the mainstream religion of that time did. So Jesus exposed their Law, which had caused many to go astray, as a fraud, and blotted their "handwriting of ordinances" which were against the fathers, and against the Disciples, and against Gentiles, to the Cross.

Col. 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Jesus proved whose Laws will stand, and whole Laws will fail.

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

He didn't "spoil" God and His Commandments, as "many"religious men imply. He didn't make a show of God, or Triumph over God as you imply. He made a show of their religion with it's "commandments of men", and triumphed over them "in it".

So therefore, given that Jesus paved the way as Author and Finisher of my Faith, don't let any self exalted religious man judge those who are "walking even as He walked".

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

God's Laws have a meaning, a reason. That is why Jesus walked in them. His Feasts are pointing to events yet to be fulfilled. This is why Paul said to "Keep the Feast".

18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

Don't let religious men with their lawless religious philosophies turn you away from the simplicity that is in Christ. HE created these Sabbaths for men.

"Many" have been convinced by the "other voice" that God's Law led people astray. That God's Law is against us, that Jesus triumphed over God on the Cross.

Paul is warning about the philosophies of religious men, their religious traditions. Don't let religious men turn us away from the Path Jesus walked, and instruct us to "enter into". A Path they refuse to walk in, a Path they do not know, puffed up by their fleshy mind, as Prophesied by the Christ Himself.

Jer. 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, (That Jesus Walked) and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

As it is to this day.

I implore you to reconsider promoting the judgment of God and HIS Law in such a manner. It is untrue, and makes men vain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟325,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like many points you bring out in your post here. It seems nothing has changed over the years. I agree with what you have explained about the religious teachers seeking to justify their teachings and traditions even if they break the very law of that God has given to mankind. Jesus gives the same warnings in Matthew 15:3-9. Thanks for sharing.

God bless

It's a lot easier to see others seeking to justify their religious traditions, than it is to see it in our self.

I know this because I have been guilty myself. I think this is why Jesus said to "Live by" EVERY Word of God. In this way we are free from condemnation because we have made HIS Ways, our ways. As it is written.

Rom. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

When we understand who the "Spirit of Life" is that is in Christ Jesus, and walk in "the Law of that Spirit", We are free from condemnation.

thanks for your comforting words.

Upvote 0