LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"By his words and actions Jesus further unveils the positive requirements of the commandment regarding the inviolability of life. These requirements were already present in the Old Testament, where legislation dealt with protecting and defending life when it was weak and threatened: in the case of foreigners, widows, orphans, the sick and the poor in general, including children in the womb (cf. Ex 21:22; 22:20-26)." - Pope St. John Paul II, Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life)

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And how do the two candidates stack up when you factor in

"foreigners, widows, orphans, the sick and the poor in general, including children in the womb"
President Trump is helping the poor by making the economy better.

"A rising tide lifts all boats."

And President Trump helped poor foreigners by decimating ISIS.

With ISIS being mostly destroyed, refugees can begin returning to their homes.

And Trump's promise to help the Pro-Life effort, his bold Pro-Life stance, is one of the reasons why I voted for him. Here's what Kellyanne Conway said about it during the campaign (at 4:52):

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
lol - that's an interesting spin.

And Hillary worked to reduce the number of abortions per capita people had by improving sex education, making birth control more widely available, etc.
That's like saying the NRA works to reduce gun ownership.

Hillary Clinton is Pro-Abortion. She thinks there should be no limits on it.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The world, and Christianity, IMHO is not defined by the single issue of Abortion. That issue does not trump all others (no pun intended). Likely, they contribute to every campaign. Also likely if I'm wrong and they contributed to Clinton but not Trump, it's because they felt that the overall theme theme of the Clinton campaign was far more Christian than that of Trump's (given that abortion is not the defining issue).
Life is the single most important issue of Christianity. Eternal Life. It is the most important issue in Catholicism. And it is troubling, if true (there was no attribution to the claim, I'll admit, but it is rumored), that the Vatican would not take Hillary Clinton's human rights record, including her stance on Abortion and Euthanasia, the rights of women and those with no voice to speak out, into account.

Well, politics is ugly, and I stick to the faith, not the politics. I am distressed by what's going on, though, over and above this rumor. There's plenty more attributed facts in the book, if you care to look.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
lol - that's an interesting spin.

And Hillary worked to reduce the number of abortions per capita people had by improving sex education, making birth control more widely available, etc.
Not to derail my own thread, but sex education and birth control do nothing to reduce acts of conception. The only thing that works to stop conception is abstinence.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where'd ya get that from? No limits?

The only thing I've seen that people use to back up that statement is a video where she refused to say that she'd support banning late term abortions.

I have mixed feelings about abortion - and as a general rule don't agree with late term abortions - but I wouldn't ban them either. Why? Because I can see certain scenarios where as disagreeable as I may find them - I can see how they would produce the best outcome. And - if you "ban them" - then that option is taken off the table even if it may be medically required.

I'm not prepared to support that. So far as I can tell - that's essentially the same answer Clinton gave.

That's a far cry from "wanting no limits"

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Allegedly.
Admittedly. But the point is that I wasn't speaking of the euphemistic "Vatican". The accusation is absolutely alleged, but it comes in a book with plenty of damning evidence of folks with an agenda manipulating what's going on in the Vatican Bank and other things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Where'd ya get that from? No limits?

The only thing I've seen that people use to back up that statement is a video where she refused to say that she'd support banning late term abortions.

I have mixed feelings about abortion - and as a general rule don't agree with late term abortions - but I wouldn't ban them either. Why? Because I can see certain scenarios where as disagreeable as I may find them - I can see how they would produce the best outcome. And - if you "ban them" - then that option is taken off the table even if it may be medically required.

I'm not prepared to support that. So far as I can tell - that's essentially the same answer Clinton gave.

That's a far cry from "wanting no limits"
Do you agree that abortion is murder?

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not to derail my own thread, but sex education and birth control do nothing to reduce acts of conception. The only thing that works to stop conception is abstinence.
And in the real world - abstinence seems to really be taking hold!

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Would you believe that the NRA works to reduce gun ownership?
About as quickly as I'd believe that Trump's actions will benefit the poor, the sick, the widows, etc.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
About as quickly as I'd believe that Trump's actions will benefit the poor, the sick, the widows, etc.
I explained how he is helping them.
President Trump is helping the poor by making the economy better.

"A rising tide lifts all boats."

And President Trump helped poor foreigners by decimating ISIS.

With ISIS being mostly destroyed, refugees can begin returning to their homes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Let's revisit this discussion in about two years and compare median wages from then to now. I'm willing to bet that adjusted for inflation, there will be negligible increases. That's just the reality of how things are. Supply side economics is an experiment that has gone on for nearly three decades now - and we can see the fruits of it.

As for ISIS - meh - while I laud the effort to get rid of those screwballs - "helping foreigners" wasn't exactly the motive behind it. lol C'mon now.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"The moral gravity of procured abortion is apparent in all its truth if we recognize that we are dealing with murder.... The one eliminated is a human being at the very beginning of life." - Pope St. John Paul II
Once again, ok, so you're arguing abortion is wrong.

My argument, once again, is ok. Then there's the rest of the Bible too and every other example of how people ought live.

That *totality* is what God expects of us.

Hey, I've never murdered anyone. But I'm a thief, an adulterer, I treat my fellow neighbor badly, I covet, etc. But hey - the important thing is that I've never murdered :)

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Let's revisit this discussion in about two years and compare median wages from then to now. I'm willing to bet that adjusted for inflation, there will be negligible increases. That's just the reality of how things are. Supply side economics is an experiment that has gone on for nearly three decades now - and we can see the fruits of it.

As for ISIS - meh - while I laud the effort to get rid of those screwballs - "helping foreigners" wasn't exactly the motive behind it. lol C'mon now.
That is baseless speculation and nonsense.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Which part?

The economics part is pretty darn sound. But yeah - the second part is speculative. I think it's accurate - because I pay attention to how the past 17 years since 9/11 have progressed - but still speculative.

Upvote 0