Mizoram
✟16,760.00
Country
India
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
This song opened my eyes.This song is such a blessing and I want to share the lyrics with ya'll.Translated to english from my language by me so that I can share. May god bless you all like He has with this song.

1.You want to follow Christ with Comfort and ease,
You want the benefit without Tribulations and sacrifice.
But the Path of the cross doesn't work that way
The valley of loss and sacrifice is where the living water pours

Chorus:
Without the cross,my friend, there is no crown
And without death, the robe of resurrection can't be worn.
A follower willing to lose his life
is who the Lord is seeking
In the valley of decision
The Lord awaits your answer

2. You want a crucified life, without carrying the cross
Have you been trying to live the resurrected life without death?
It's impossible to be a spiritual person without the Spirit
Where you die to your flesh, that's where the Spirit will come alive.

3.Standing on the hill of Ego,
you want to have a life filled with humility.
Like the Church of Sardis
Do you appear to be alive while spiritually dead?
Just as Fishes can't be caught without a fishing net
The help of the Lord is the only the only way to catch people.

4.Have you been hoping for earthly honor and the crown of life
And long for a life of the rich man during lifetime
and lazarus after death?
But No servant can't serve two masters at once
In the Valley of decision,
the Lord awaits your answer.

Reactions: Hank77

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The bible doesn't say, believe in me and your life will be without trouble. I believe he uses situations and heartache to mold us into who He wants us to be. If you went through life and nothing bad or scary ever happened to you, you would be pretty vulnerable and weak.

I like the song
Thank you for posting this sister
God bless you

• Friendly
Reactions: Mary Mags
Upvote 0

Mary Mags

May 23, 2017
Mizoram
✟16,760.00
Country
India
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Why does God chastise those he loves? Why does he make us suffer through tribulation to prove our obedience?
because spiritual growth is possible only through trials and tribulations. It's only in our darkest days that we see the light.

Upvote 0

Cubits

Jun 5, 2017
XXX
✟15,950.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God allows tribulation and affliction to teach us obedience and to strengthen in us in faith, to trust Him through ALL things but also to prepare us for ministry. If God was to give us our calling now we would fail and lose it. We must be strengthened first so that we are strong enough to endure the calling that He has for us. The stronger the tests in Christ, the stronger the calling. So rejoice in the hard tests. I call this the hard knock training school of the Lord lol. Jesus was baptized and then led by the Holy Spirit straight into a wilderness. We must learn to resist the devil.
Every teaching from the Holy Spirit is for a reason and for a future test and sometimes we have to re-take tests that have previously failed. Some people love Christ but hate the cross, preaching the cross effectively will always bring persecution.
Galatians 5:11- And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

Apostle Paul said let no man cause me trouble; meaning let no one contend my faith in Christ because i have shared in His sufferings and i have the scars to prove it.
Galatians 6:17 - From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

God does not mind when we fail because God will allow us to fail sometimes hence; when we are weak we are strong, this teaches us to rely on Him completely.
2 Corinthians 12:10 - Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Remember it is not how you start but how you finish that counts, keep running the race.

Also like any good earthy father God reproves His children and we cannot even call ourselves a child of God unless we are reproved by Him, so again rejoice, this is living proof that you are a child of God.

Hebrews 12:5-11
And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says, “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Upvote 0