Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That darn word.
Covid-19 Vaccine.
My friend randomly brought up the subject of the Virus saying it’s false and the vaccine is the Mark Of The Beast.
That through me off guard, but I wasn’t surprised.
She then told me that we could loose our salvation by taking it and she will no long receive the Flu Vaccine. (She’s been taking those for years)
But what I was really worried about was this sudden change of thought.
She’s been listening to legalistic videos.
How can I stop her from listening to lies? (Not about the vaccine but those channels, they add to the Word Of God a bit too much)
And is the vaccine safe? I honestly haven’t done much research.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,435.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
At this stage, there is no vaccine, so speculating about its safety or efficacy or how the government should handle its roll out is completely hypothetical.

But as for your friend, you can't control what she does. You can offer her a different perspective, but whether she takes it on board is up to her.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
That darn word.
Covid-19 Vaccine.
My friend randomly brought up the subject of the Virus saying it’s false and the vaccine is the Mark Of The Beast.
She then told me that we could loose our salvation by taking it and she will no long receive the Flu Vaccine. (She’s been taking those for years)
How can I stop her from listening to lies? (Not about the vaccine but those channels, they add to the Word Of God a bit too much)
There has been some research on this. Simply giving people more facts won't help. They think all the sources of information are colluding to deceive the public. The more information you give them the more they're convinced about the conspiracy. It's like denial of climate change, and many other conspiracy theories today. No one has a good solution. Somehow you have to build personal trust. Positive stories help. But it still may not work.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are multiple vaccines in development.

https://cogforlife.org/wp-content/uploads/CovidCompareMoralImmoral.pdf

I'm pulling for those in yellow, because my family has had bad reactions to those that use the same cell-base as those in red.

Even among the yellow prospects, we will be watching for a while so they can fix any unintentional side-effects.

Vaccines are not the MoB, if there are no strings attached.

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

gabriellaaaaa

Apr 16, 2020
Fargo
✟19,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Honestly it's probably ultimately impossible to tell what the "Mark of the Beast" will be. Revelations seems to imply it will be obvious. I personally don't think it's the COVID vaccine since it doesn't seem like it hits the criteria outlined. The RFID chip seems like a much more likely contender, but even that might not be it. Ultimately no one knows.

Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honestly it's probably ultimately impossible to tell what the "Mark of the Beast" will be. Revelations seems to imply it will be obvious. I personally don't think it's the COVID vaccine since it doesn't seem like it hits the criteria outlined. The RFID chip seems like a much more likely contender, but even that might not be it. Ultimately no one knows.

The mark of the beast in this age, is ungodly behaviour. We don't know when the end times will actually be, and concern about it and the beast can be a deadly distraction. Jesus advises that we need to operate our lives as if His return may be tomorrow or 10000 years hence ...we will have enough on our plate dealing with today's issues, and we shouldn't concern ourselves with much other than those.

I read that some vaccine developers in the past used tissue from stillborn or aborted foetusses to develop their vaccines, which if true then it was a disgusting practice and abhorrent to God, and as a Christian I would certainly have nothing to do with such a vaccine. Personally, I have no problem receiving a vaccine that was developed using ethical (godly) practices, I can't see how such a vaccine can be regarded as evil. However, if you or anyone else feels otherwise, then be true to yourself and don't accept a vaccine, but there may well be a heavy price to pay for disobeying any authorities.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I read that some vaccine developers in the past used tissue from stillborn or aborted foetusses to develop their vaccines, which if true then it was a disgusting practice and abhorrent to God, and as a Christian I would certainly have nothing to do with such a vaccine.
Deliberately & unnecessarily aborted. The two most common (in the USA) are rubella after 1979 & chickenpox.

See Children of God for Life for more details (and a paper trail).

Upvote 0

SeekingGloryOnThisJourney

Apr 13, 2020
Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Deliberately & unnecessarily aborted. The two most common (in the USA) are rubella after 1979 & chickenpox.

See Children of God for Life for more details (and a paper trail).
Yea, that’s something that really scares me as well.
How do we know they (those who are working on this vaccine) aren’t lying?

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That darn word.
Covid-19 Vaccine.
People tend to trust people more than they trust institutions. Therefore, I ask:

1) What is your wheelhouse, something either related to what you do for a living, or a hobby that you have good experience in?
2) Have the people she's been listening to lied about something in your wheelhouse?

If they have, you can tell her about that. e.g. "I know what these people told you about bees, but I think you know that I've been beekeeping for five years now, and what they said about X and Y with bees is not true, because A and B is true instead. If you try X and Y, that will not work."

People trust people more than they trust institutions now, so if they know someone who actually knows something about the subject at hand, they're more likely to trust them. If you give her a good reason to believe you over them in your area of expertise, then you have begun to chip away at their credibility in her mind. She would then begin to be a little more critical towards them, and it may extend to rejecting what they say about other controversial topics.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That darn word.
Covid-19 Vaccine.

Well, if they make the vaccine mandatory where there will be negative consequences for those who do not take it, then it becomes something more than just a decision on physical health. It becomes an ethical issue, with moral undertones.

I started a thread along these lines, if any are interested:

The Social Contract | Christian Forums

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Okay, so what about those who have already had the virus. Haven't they experienced the herd immunity?

It's funny how the word "vaccine" comes from the Latin for cow and then the whole "herd" immunity thing.

"Herd mentality" and "chattle" also comes to mind...as does branding and property...and stock...

*Just sayin...

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
No. An individual can’t have herd immunity. Herd immunity is a property of the herd. It happens when enough people are immune to drive Rt under 1

In some cases immunity from a vaccine lasts longer and is stronger than immunity from having the disease. I haven’t read anything saying clearly whether that’s true for COVID-19. Possibly it’s not known. I’d guess doctors would recommend that people who have had it still be vaccinated, though possibly near the end of the process.

• Agree
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

The prophecy says the mark will be used to control buying and selling. A vaccine doesn't fit this description.

The mark of the Beast will most likely be a microchip implant. Tap-and-pay technology and digital currencies are making huge strides all over the world. For example, Kenya has a digital currency called "MPesa", where you load credit onto your phone account and then you can use the phone to buy anything anywhere. An 80 year old grandma out in the countryside can use even a very simple phone to buy and sell with this digital currency.

While a vaccine in itself does not fit the description of the mark, it is possible that a global pandemic could be used to facilitate the emergence of a global program to implant multipurpose microchips, especially if doing so would make it easier to know who is vaccinated and who is not. A simple scan of the hand would make it very easy to know, and knowing who has or hasn't been vaccinated is an important part of controlling the spread of the virus.

In that case, if a microchip implant is mandated as part of the implementation of the vaccine then definitely, you should reject it, not because the vaccine is bad, but because of the implant.

Good question. You could try reasoning with her by pointing to facts, but as Hedrick pointed out in post #4, more and more people are not interested in facts. I recently watched a YT video called "Mr. Rogers and the Power of Persuasion" which is quite good. Toward the end, the narrator offers this quote in regard to people who will not listen:

"dictate to a man’s judgment, command his action, or mark him to be despised, and he will retreat within himself, close all the avenues to his head and his heart. And even though your cause be naked truth itself, transformed to the heaviest lance, harder than steel, and sharper than steel can be made, and though you throw it with more than Herculean force and precision, you shall be no more be able to pierce him, than to penetrate the hard shell of a tortoise with a rye straw."

Try to convince your friend, but also recognize that she may not want to hear it, and you'll just have to accept that.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand that the Pfizer vaccine is already being rolled out in the UK. There has been no mention of a required chip or "micro-dot" in these vaccinations.

Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I understand that the Pfizer vaccine is already being rolled out in the UK. There has been no mention of a required chip or "micro-dot" in these vaccinations.

There's still a lot of logistics being discussed. The whole world is waiting for the vaccine. Maybe this issue will not be any kind of major catalyst for a microchip implant, but I think it contributes. Some kind of global, economic system, controlled by a "mark" in the hand is coming. I don't think we should be paranoid, be we should be wise.

Upvote 0