The Vaccine prevents Covid and so do Masks !!!!

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sounds like a testable claim. Show us. Checkable sources. What do you have?

2 min vid of Dr. Falsely and the ever shrinking effectiveness percentage.

So nothing but an uncheckable video?

That's how it always shakes out. If you ever do find something checkable, let us know, hear?

Here's some actual data from 2020:

Clinical Trial
2020 Dec 31;383(27):2603-2615

Safety and Efficacy of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine
Results: A total of 43,548 participants underwent randomization, of whom 43,448 received injections: 21,720 with BNT162b2 and 21,728 with placebo. There were 8 cases of Covid-19 with onset at least 7 days after the second dose among participants assigned to receive BNT162b2 and 162 cases among those assigned to placebo; BNT162b2 was 95% effective in preventing Covid-19 (95% credible interval, 90.3 to 97.6). Similar vaccine efficacy (generally 90 to 100%) was observed across subgroups defined by age, sex, race, ethnicity, baseline body-mass index, and the presence of coexisting conditions. Among 10 cases of severe Covid-19 with onset after the first dose, 9 occurred in placebo recipients and 1 in a BNT162b2 recipient. The safety profile of BNT162b2 was characterized by short-term, mild-to-moderate pain at the injection site, fatigue, and headache. The incidence of serious adverse events was low and was similar in the vaccine and placebo groups.

Conclusions: A two-dose regimen of BNT162b2 conferred 95% protection against Covid-19 in persons 16 years of age or older. Safety over a median of 2 months was similar to that of other viral vaccines. (Funded by BioNTech and Pfizer; ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT04368728.).

Not what they told you, is it? It's always good to go to the scientific and medical literature, instead of your uncle Bob's dry cleaner.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wait there's more. Yet another clip of Biden saying vaccinated people can't spread the virus lol.

Except he didn't say that they couldn't. It is true that if you have the vaccination, you are less likely to get infected. And even if you do, you're less likely to spread the disease:

Vaccinated people are less likely to spread Covid, new research finds
British scientists examined how the Pfizer-BioNTech and the AstraZeneca vaccines affected the spread of the virus if a person had a breakthrough infection.
Vaccinated people are less likely to spread Covid, new research finds

Biden knows this, and now you know it. I'm pretty sure you didn't know it before. I think there's even a good chance that the people who spread those falsehoods to you, didn't know it. This, again, is why you should get your information from people who actually know what they are talking about.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And here we are. Less than 2 years from the original jab that worked so well. Booster shot #5

Yeah. It's going to be like the flu shots. They work but there will be a new variant every year or so.

Upvote 0

johnjanuary1984

Feb 15, 2022
Wisconsin
✟8,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced

That's how it always shakes out. If you ever do find something checkable, let us know, hear?

Clinical Trial

Results: A total of 43,548 participants underwent randomization, of whom 43,448 received injections: 21,720 with BNT162b2 and 21,728 with placebo. There were 8 cases of Covid-19 with onset at least 7 days after the second dose among participants assigned to receive BNT162b2 and 162 cases among those assigned to placebo; BNT162b2 was 95% effective in preventing Covid-19 (95% credible interval, 90.3 to 97.6). Similar vaccine efficacy (generally 90 to 100%) was observed across subgroups defined by age, sex, race, ethnicity, baseline body-mass index, and the presence of coexisting conditions. Among 10 cases of severe Covid-19 with onset after the first dose, 9 occurred in placebo recipients and 1 in a BNT162b2 recipient. The safety profile of BNT162b2 was characterized by short-term, mild-to-moderate pain at the injection site, fatigue, and headache. The incidence of serious adverse events was low and was similar in the vaccine and placebo groups.

Conclusions: A two-dose regimen of BNT162b2 conferred 95% protection against Covid-19 in persons 16 years of age or older. Safety over a median of 2 months was similar to that of other viral vaccines. (Funded by BioNTech and Pfizer; ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT04368728.).

Not what they told you, is it? It's always good to go to the scientific and medical literature, instead of your uncle Bob's dry cleaner.

Meanwhile millions of vaccinated people keep on getting COVID.

If you haven't noticed. The Democrat owned Main Stream Media changed the narrative several months ago.

The COVID vaccine narrative nowadays is about treating the SYMPTOMS. Not about preventing transmission and Infection.

2021 is over with.

• Agree
Reactions: blessedmomof5
Upvote 0

johnjanuary1984

Feb 15, 2022
Wisconsin
✟8,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Yeah. It's going to be like the flu shots. They work but there will be a new variant every year or so.

Booster shots for life ??? 2 or 3 experimental shots every year for a virus that has a 99% survival rate ? Lol

Upvote 0

johnjanuary1984

Feb 15, 2022
Wisconsin
✟8,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced

Clinical Trial

Funded by BioNTech and Pfizer; ClinicalTrials.gov

Lol.

"

• Winner
Reactions: blessedmomof5
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In Australia its a pandemic of the Vaccinated.

The guys who put that together confused total number of cases with the rate of illness per category. Here's why they messed up:

SYDNEY, Nov 9 (Reuters) - Unvaccinated people are 16 times more likely to end up in intensive care units or die from COVID-19, Australia's New South Wales state said in a report, with officials urging people to get inoculated as Australia begins to live with the coronavirus.

The data from New South Wales (NSW) health department out late on Monday showed only 11% of people out of 412 who died from the Delta outbreak over four months through early October were fully vaccinated. The average age of those deaths was 82.

Only around 3% of people in intensive care units had two doses, while more than 63% of the 61,800 cases detected between June 16 and Oct. 7 were unvaccinated.

"Young people with two doses of a vaccine experienced lower rates of infection and almost no serious disease, while those unvaccinated in this age group were at greater risk of developing COVID-19 and needing hospitalisation," NSW Chief Health Officer Kerry Chant said in a statement.

Australia's NSW says unvaccinated 16 times more likely to die from COVID-19

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In Australia its a pandemic of the Vaccinated.

Actually, you've got it wrong. Here's why:

Below is a chart depicting the 85.7% vaccination rate in NSW as it was on September 27, 2021, with blue representing people who have not been vaccinated. For comparison, another chart shows the proportions of the COVID patients in the ICU as reported at the press conference. (Current NSW vaccine information here)

NSWchart575-thumb-autox582-3081337.jpg

Notice that these show rates of the general population and rates for COVID-19 patients in ICUs. First thing that jumps out is that almost 86% of people are at least partially vaccinated, but only about 25% of ICU patients are vaccinated. And only about 14% of people aren't vaccinated at all, but about 75 percent of ICU patients are not vaccinated.

So unvaccinated people are about five times more likely to be severely ill from COVID-19, as vaccinated people.

Do you see where your guys messed up? They confused absolute numbers with rates. As a larger proportion of people are vaccinated, you'd expect relatively more vaccinated people in ICUs. If the vaccination did nothing at all, you'd expect to see about 86% of ICU patients being vaccinated. Instead, you see less than 25% of them vaccinated. Likewise, you'd expect that only about 14% of ICU patients to be unvaccinated, but instead you see about 75% of them unvaccinated.

So your data says that the vaccine works very well.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Meanwhile millions of vaccinated people keep on getting COVID.

Hmm... let's take a look...

ABC News contacted 50 hospitals in 17 states, and asked them to share data on their ICU wards' current COVID-19 patients, including their vaccination status. In the surveyed hospitals, ABC News found that the overwhelming majority of COVID-19 patients currently being treated in ICUs were unvaccinated.

Of the 271 total COVID patients in the surveyed ICUs, 255 patients, or approximately 94%, were unvaccinated against COVID-19 in ABC News' snapshot in time.

Further, of the 16 vaccinated individuals receiving care in the ICU, almost all suffered from comorbidities and other health problems, such as cancer or weakened immune systems. ABC News only heard of one otherwise healthy and fully vaccinated individual, with no reported underlying conditions, who was in the ICU.
Vast majority of ICU patients with COVID-19 are unvaccinated, ABC News survey finds

upload_2022-8-10_22-19-37.png

If you haven't noticed. The Democrat owned Main Stream Media changed the narrative several months ago.

But you can't find a documented case? I know why.

The COVID vaccine narrative nowadays is about treating the SYMPTOMS. Not about preventing transmission and Infection.

I started graduate work in immunology in the early 70s. And I ran an immunization clinic for the AF somewhat later. Even back then, the purpose of immunizations was to prevent severe illness and/or death. So you've been badly misinformed about that.

DEC 2020:
A vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is perhaps the best hope for ending the pandemic. A number of biopharmaceutical companies have applied for U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) emergency use authorization for a new COVID-19 vaccine and a limited number of vaccines will be available before the end of the year.

COVID-19 vaccine myths debunked - Mayo Clinic News Network

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If more people are vaccinated, and the vaccine is say 95% effective against deaths, you'd expect more breakthrough deaths. The real indicator is the percent of vaccinated persons becoming severely ill or dying, compared to the percent of unvaccinated people becoming severely ill or dying.

The Air Force thought I was competent enough to operate an immunology clinic for them, as was the university where I did graduate work in immunology.

Retired now, and moved on to more interesting things, so I had to go back and do a lot of reading in the literature to get up to date. But I don't see much that overturns what was known in my time in the field.

Thanks for the reply Yes you are qulified
I will pay more attention to your post on this subject as I am not qualified only offer my opinons from reding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

johnjanuary1984

Feb 15, 2022
Wisconsin
✟8,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
And? It happens. Nothing unusual. I was vaccinated and got Covid. It kept me from being seriously ill.

I thought vaccinated people rarely get Covid ?
How do you know it kept you from severe illness?

What about unvaccinated people who got COVID but only had minor symptoms for a week or 2 ???

Why was the vaccine mandated ? Since it appears to primarily just treat the symptoms??? It doesn't make any sense. Last year it was all about "protection". But now it's all about treating the symptoms ??????

The vaccine mandates were obviously unnecessary.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought vaccinated people rarely get Covid ?
How do you know it kept you from severe illness?

What about unvaccinated people who got COVID but only had minor symptoms for a week or 2 ???

Why was the vaccine mandated ? Since it appears to primarily just treat the symptoms??? It doesn't make any sense. Last year it was all about "protection". But now it's all about treating the symptoms ??????

The vaccine mandates were obviously unnecessary.

I know that it did because I have moderate to severe asthma and they are 95% sure I had the Delta variant. I should have been a lot worse than I was and they said it was because I was vaccinated. My fiance has an autoimmune disease and the vaccine kept her from also getting seriously ill.

I was fine with the mandates. At the time they were warranted and as the virus has evolved, they have learned new things and adjusted accordingly.

As a medical person, I felt they were very necessary to keep the amount of people in hospital ICUs down.

Upvote 0

johnjanuary1984

Feb 15, 2022
Wisconsin
✟8,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
It's impossible to know. Because you never went through Covid without the jab.

Last year the people who questioned this vaccine were ridiculed, critisized and censored for saying the vaccine does a poor job at preventing transmission and Infection.

But now the ever changing science had changed again ??? How can you trust "the science" then ? Lol.

Mean while all these high profile Democrats keep getting COVID

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
It's impossible to know. Because you never went through Covid without the jab.

You can believe that. I will listen to my doctor and what she said. She said because of the vaccine I wasn't that bad. As an asthmatic, I believe her.

Last year the people who questioned this vaccine were ridiculed, critisized and censored for saying the vaccine does a poor job at preventing transmission and Infection.

Not sure I did so, so I can only control what I say and do.

But now the ever changing science had changed again ??? How can you trust "the science" then ? Lol.

As it was the first time seeing this virus, hence why it's called novel virus, yes, the science on it changes as they learn more about it. As a medical professional I have learned that science changes. Yes, I trust the science.

Mean while all these high profile Democrats keep getting COVID

Which really means nothing. Many who weren't vaccinated got Covid and many of them died.

Upvote 0