1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

The Vaccine prevents Covid and so do Masks !!!!

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by johnjanuary1984, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+2,551
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    Exactly! My fiance and I both ended up with Covid in January because a coworker had passed it on to her. We both did end up with Covid pneumonia, but it never reached the point where we would need to go to the hospital. I have asthma and she has an autoimmune disease.

We certainly credit the vaccine with keeping us from having our Covid infection being more serious.

2. Isilwen

+2,551
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    No vaccine is 100% protection.

No, it isn't.

More hyperbole from you. Please stop with the hyperbole.

3. Isilwen

+2,551
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    They were fired because of their choice to not take a vaccine in a hospital that was treating Covid patients. It was a consequence of their choice. Some choices have consequences and this was one of them.

4. Isilwen

+2,551
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    Yes, he made a mistake. Are you so perfect that you never make a mistake?

And believe it or not there are people who are vaccinated against Covid and never get it.

5. Isilwen

+2,551
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    All vaccines can cause adverse effects up to and including death.

6. Isilwen

+2,551
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    That shows the ebb and flow of the virus. We get spikes of high infection and valleys of low infection.

Trump failed because for a while at the beginning he was playing it off as the virus would go away, nothing to worry about. Then as it began to ramp up, he would still play it off as nothing to worry about. He even went as far as asking if injecting bleach into your veins would stop Covid. Some people actually did try it apparently.

Accidental Poisonings Increased After President Trump's Disinfectant Comments

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  7. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli Patience is a Virtue Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+4,881
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    We have to understand that medicine and science have become an idol for many, and many attempt to inject their Idols into politics.

But with that, it doesn't mean vaccinations or scientific innovations/methods are evil in themselves... It just means that having Idols proves itself sinful, by all the noise, irritation and conflict that it causes... Where instead, there should have been peace.

8. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli Patience is a Virtue Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+4,881
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    In Los Angeles, the public health agency went on air and informed Angelino's to wash their hands with "cold" water because they were afraid the hospitals would spike with people coming in with 2nd degree burns across their hands and wrists... And they were probably right!

...I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that.

People. :confused::)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+5,275
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Misleading word games. The injections substantially reduce reduce risk of serious illness. The fact that they may do a less, even much less, effective job at reducing transmission does not change the fact they confer an important benefit.

10. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,441
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Funny, the vaccines that were available in Australia came with warnings about potential side effects, age and other restrictions. They are not new types of vaccines. mRNA vaccines have been studied for decades.

I don't know why such myths persist. Unfortunately there is no vaccine against conspiracy theories based on misinformation, rumour and half truths.

11. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+11,066
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    No vaccine is guaranteed to be 100% safe but it would not be recommended unless the risks of taking the vaccine was much much lower than that of not taking it.
    There are a very small number of people who are sensitive to vaccines and they should be exempt.

12. Original Happy Camper

Original Happy Camper One of GODS Children I am a historicist Supporter

+1,916
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Growing proportion of COVID deaths occurring among vaccinated: ABC News analysis
    Thursday, May 12, 2022

A growing proportion of COVID-19 deaths are occurring among the vaccinated, a new ABC News analysis of federal data shows.

In August of 2021, about 18.9% of COVID-19 deaths occurred among the vaccinated. Six months later, in February 2022, that proportional percent of deaths had increased to more than 40%.

Comparatively, in September 2021, just 1.1% of COVID-19 deaths occurred among Americans who had been fully vaccinated and boosted with their first dose. By February 2022, that percentage had increased to about 25%.

Experts said the increase in breakthrough deaths is expected with more Americans reaching full vaccination status.

So why would I want to risk being in this group, By February 2022, that percentage had increased to about 25%.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,441
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    COVID for sure has been shown to cause adverse affects including death.

14. Original Happy Camper

+1,916
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Mandating, forcing, coercing human beings to do something against their will is illegal, unconstitutional, and un-American.

but that is how satan works
    people who lost thier jobs due to the mandates should be honored for thier dicesions as that type of courage is that will be need to resist the mark of the beast

• List
  15. Isilwen

+2,551
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    Hahaha, thanks for the laugh.

So because I chose to be vaccinated, I won't resist the mark of the beast?

I needed a laugh today after the week of work I had.

Vaccines have been mandated before and very little people batted an eye. There was even a court case that said the government is within its rights to mandate vaccines for the good of the people.

16. Original Happy Camper

+1,916
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Wow I did not see that statement coming nor do I believe it and yes I believe the vaccine is evil

these verses tell us that some did not have the courage to resist the forces of satan due to the lack of descernment of evil

Matthew 7:13-14
    King James Version

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

17. Isilwen

+2,551
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    I do not think the vaccine is evil, and you do. So, I took evil based on your opinion?

Let me give you one of the other reasons why I chose to be vaccinated. God told me so. He was very very clear in that. I understand why he chose to tell me to be vaccinated, because I would get Covid and the vaccine protected me against the worst of it.

So, will you tell me that I took an evil vaccine, even though God was clear for me to take it?

We will know what the mark of the beast is, there will be no mistaking what it is. There will be a clear choice to either take the marknof the beast or not take it. We will know that it is evil without a doubt.

If you want to believe the vaccine is evil that's on you. Many other Christians also believed that and they have now died from Covid. I knew a couple of them. There are some high profile people who were against the vaccine, even going as far as saying that Covid is a scam. They have died as well.

Yet, here I am, still very much alive and healthy, even after the vaccine and having Covid. I think I continue to listen to God on the vaccine and not people like you.

18. Original Happy Camper

+1,916
    United States
    SDA
    Married

I have had long covid (per several doctors) for the past 17 months effecting the ability of my body to absorb oxygen into the cells.

article from april 2021
    COVID-19 alters human genes, explaining mystery behind coronavirus 'long haulers' - Study Finds
    For some COVID-19 patients, getting over their infection is just the beginning of the recovery. Over the last year, COVID “long haulers” have continued experiencing a variety of symptoms months after the virus clears. These include anything from skin problems, to shortness of breath, to losing the sense of taste or smell. Now, researchers say they may know why this is happening. A new study finds coronavirus actually causes long-term changes to an infected patient’s genes.

Specifically, scientists reveal the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19, creates long-lasting changes to human gene expression. These tiny spikes cover the surface of coronavirus cells. They allow the virus to bind to certain receptors on human cells and hijack their functions — leading to COVID infection. Once the spike cuts into a patient’s cells, the virus releases its own genetic material into the cell so it can replicate.

19. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+5,275
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    It is, of course, misleading to imply that since the percentage of all deaths that occur among the fully vaccinated is increasing, this casts doubt on the effectiveness of the vaccine.

Let's suppose the vaccine is effective at reducing serious illness to the degree that getting the vaccine decreases your risk of serious illness by a factor of 10 compared to someone who is not vaccinated.

And let us also suppose this does not change over time.

Let us further suppose that, at one point in time, only 20 of 100 people are vaccinated. Let's suppose that the risk of getting seriously ill for a vaccinated person is 5%. So 1 of those 20 vaccinated people gets seriously ill. This means that of the 80 who are not vaccinated, 40 will get seriously ill - each unvaccinated person is 10 times more likely to get seriously ill and there are 4 times as many of them.

So of the 41 who get seriously ill, only 1/41 of them is vaccinated - less than 2.5%.

Now fast forward in time to a point where 80 are fully vaccinated. Remember: the effectiveness of the vaccine remains the same as before. There will now be 4 ill people who are fully vaccinated. Each of the 20 people not fully vaccinated has a risk of being sick that is 10 times greater than for vaccinated people. So the number of ill unvaxxed will be 10 (remember: the odds of each unvaxxed person getting sick is 10 times the 5% odds for the vaxxed). So of total of 4 + 10 = 14 people who ill, almost a third are vaccinated.

Note that while the vaccine is as effective as it ever was, the percentage of vaxxed who get sick has risen from less than 2.5% to about 33%!.

It is therefore entirely misleading to argue that there is a problem with the vaccine because the fractions of illnesses that occur among the unvaxxed in increasing.

20. Original Happy Camper

+1,916
    United States
    SDA
    Married

Ever heard of

figures lie and liers figure