The US/Russian connection that is only now starting to be investigated.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
there are 20 plus members of congress asking what I am mentioning here.

Perhaps they know something

Are you expressing that you don’t find anything questionable there

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

Perhaps, though it more likely they are trying to distract people from the current Trump administration scandals. Watch the Fox News video that was posted, it will answer your questions.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

That's 4% of congress. Perhaps they have a political axe to grind. Perhaps they want to distract from the Mueller investigation. Perhaps they don't understand the issue any better than you.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps, though it more likely they are trying to distract people from the current Trump administration scandals. Watch the Fox News video that was posted, it will answer your questions.

I can’t watch videos at work can you give me a transcript of what was said

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You can honestly say that you don’t find anything at all questionable about the events. Is that what you want me to believe

Maybe there is, but your theory is predicated on these two ideas: (1) The Uranium One deal never should have happened (2) the lintons are to blame for it happening.

Premise 2 depends on premise 1, and you are unable to explain why premise 1 is true. Everything else you have presented has no focus without knowing these first two accusations are true, you've taken for granted that they must be, and cannot view the situation except from that view.

So let's start with why this deal should never have happened and move on from there, okay?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think it is important to point out one thing:

The Facts on Uranium One - FactCheck.org

The Committee on Foreign Investments has nine members, including the secretaries of the treasury, state, defense, homeland security, commerce and energy; the attorney general; and representatives from two White House offices (the United States Trade Representative and the Office of Science and Technology Policy).

The committee can’t actually stop a sale from going through — it can only approve a sale. The president is the only one who can stop a sale, if the committee or any one member “recommends suspension or prohibition of the transaction,” according to guidelines issued by the Treasury Department in December 2008 after the department adopted its final rule a month earlier.

For this and other reasons, we have written that Trump is wrong to claim that Clinton “gave away 20 percent of the uranium in the United States” to Russia. Clinton could have objected — as could the eight other voting members — but that objection alone wouldn’t have stopped the sale of the stake of Uranium One to Rosatom.

“Only the President has the authority to suspend or prohibit a covered transaction,” the federal guidelines say.
Clinton did not have the ability to stop the transaction - only object. The voice of the State department is one voice - and she was not the one on the committee. Her assistant secretary was.
And she could not force it through if the president stopped the sale.

• Useful
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I can’t watch videos at work can you give me a transcript of what was said

He points out that Clinton did not have the power to approve the transaction, much less to block it. Rather, the nine committee members voted unanimously to approve, and the committee is headed by the Secretary of the Treasury. Hillary was not on the committee, it is actually an Assistant Secretary of State that sits on the committee and he has stated Hillary did not talk to him about the vote. If anyone on the committee had objected, it would not have blocked the sale, only sent it to the President for a final decision -- the committee had no power to block the sale, only to recommend.

He also pointed out that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other federal agencies, had previously approved the sale, with the (standard) caveat that no uranium leaves the United States. Several foreign companies own mines in the US, and all the uranium is sold/used in the United States, mostly to power company owned power plants.

Last, the person who made the bulk of the donations, is a Canadian citizen who sold his stake in the company in 2007.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Don’t chew my food twice.

I'd like to invoke a different metaphor.

You whipped us up into a lather waving a stick in the air, and pretended to throw the stick, yelling "Chase the stick!"

After a halfhearted effort and some confusion, we came back to you wondering what had become of the stick. We stared at you like a betrayed dog. We are starting to doubt whether you even have a stick at all.

Show us a crime, and we'll consider chasing after it.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
good puppy, good puppy!

tail-chase.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That is a political witch hunt to try and go after Hillary and Bill. Anything to distract from Trump.

Informant in GOP uranium probe identified as ex-lobbyist

The former lobbyist, William Campbell, told Reuters he's the secret witness in the investigation into the 2010 sale of Canada-based Uranium One to Russia's Rosatom. He is planning to testify and give Congress documents about the sale, he told Reuters.

Despite the focus on Campbell and calls for him to be allowed to testify to Congress, two law enforcement officials speaking to Reuters expressed doubt that Campbell could provide meaningful information about the Uranium One deal. The officials, who worked in the Rosatom bribery case, said they don't remember Campbell ever bringing up the Uranium One sale when they spoke with him.
Facts again:

Some facts from it and other sources like Politifact:
Hillary Clinton, Russia, and uranium: What you need to know

The initial accusation came from a book written by a Breitbart senior editor, Peter Schweizer.
(I would call that a biased source with a mission.)

The Secretary of State, in fact, all of CFIUS did not have the authority to stop the sale, they just review it.

Hillary Clinton was not involved in that committee - it was her assistant secretary Jose Mendendez who was on it. He said she did not comment on it. Most of the committee members were not the actual heads of the departments.

It was the 9 people representing 9 government agencies or departments make up CFIUS - State,Treasury, Commerce, Defense, Energy, Homeland Security, the attorney general, the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative and the Office of Science and Technology Policy that gave the approval and then it had to be approved by the president, and then by the U.S. National Nuclear Registry and the Utah Nuclear Registry.

Of the $145 million donated to the Clinton Foundation, $131 was donated by Frank Guisfra who said he sold his stake in Uranium One in 2007 - before Clinton was Secretary of State.

And of the uranium itself, it cannot be sold outside the US. It can only be sold in the US to civilian nuclear facilities. The uranium only represents about 11% of the uranium available in the US for that purpose.

Last, there is no evidence at all that money went into the it went into the Clinton's pockets. The FBI already looked at that.

It looks like a desperate attempt to distract from the Russia investigation which is growing.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is a political witch hunt to try and go after Hillary and Bill. Anything to distract from Trump

Yes, of course. That is the latest sound bite from your leadership.

Even though the questions were raised two years before Trump ever decided to run and the Obama administration ignored it.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The whole Uranium investigation is a from soundbites from Hannity and Trump.

Politicizing the DOJ is something third world countries do. That is what is happening. Democracy is dying under the Trump administration.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think this explains it best:

What Is the Uranium One Deal and Why Does the Trump Administration Care So Much?

Why does Mr. Trump care about the Uranium One deal?
Mr. Trump is frustrated with the continuing investigations into Russia’s election meddling and possible ties to his campaign. Last month the special counsel announced the first charges against Trump campaign aides.

The president has said the Justice Department should instead be investigating Mrs. Clinton’s involvement in the Uranium One deal and donations to her family’s charitable foundation.

“Uranium deal to Russia, with Clinton help and Obama Administration knowledge, is the biggest story that Fake Media doesn’t want to follow!” Mr. Trump wrote in a Twitter post on Oct. 19.

His request has triggered a political backlash and breaks with longstanding norms established after Watergate.

Upvote 0