BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The new look is....different.
It's harder to find the job, pet and char areas, but other than that...it's fine

Who is paying you ?

I am serious, this is very irritating to my eyes- this is straining. People can get used to change, but how long can torture be tolerated.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I've been away for 5 days. When there are major changes I always seem to be away!!!!!

Comments - looks very bland and really boring layout.

Where are all the little icons that tell us about each other (male/female, married etc) ? and the characters.

Sorry to be negative but I'll go with BAFRIEND - AWFUL.

The little icons are called postbit. They were supposed to...to my knowledge..be here. There was a compatibility issue...half the site was a hacked version of actual software. I am checking to see if they will return.

Also...I am checking to see if I can get a list to differentiate between:

• What is not here right now and is being worked on
  • What is not here right now and will not return

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
well...

I still have to use my horizontal scroll bar to view the page unless I change the pixel layout. But that also makes my avatar smaller, so in the event that I want to put my character there, my character will feel too small.

I wanted to character to look large enough. I felt more "real" with it. I'll put it back, but at the same time I wish the characters were as "large" with the new format. I'm not a very photogenic person so that's why. I also miss the customizer feature.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I will be back and forth today. We are one day away from the main due date at the library during exam week and we get about 50,000 returns a day to deal with while having less student help.

I will keep on top of this as best I can. But if I am gone for stretches that is why. I will try to be on, eastern time:

until 1pm
2:30-3:00pm
5-6pm
8-8:30pm

With different breaks and office time where I can multi task...that is what I can do. So responses, answers and replies to Pm's will be in those time zones.

I am trying to keep communication flowing as much as possible.

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would like to offer my ear as well. I will be here this weekend if something comes up that people have immediate questions on. I know I am no Davidnic (who can even come close?) but I would be glad to assist him, and all of you, in any way that I can.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It is a simpler look. I am just hoping that the board itself will become a lot more stable than what has been the case in the past.

I guess all the bells and the whistles weren't that important to me personally. I am just hoping for a board that doesn't eat up too many posts by crashing at the sorst time, and that is not going down as much as it has.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Characters are coming back... its just a matter of what order they are coming back in.

I am around too if anyone needs to talk!

They are?! Joy in the morning. I get my walking stick back. Hope those info icons (postbits ) come back also.

I will survive no matter what, I think. :tutu:

-Peace-

Should make that little tutu icon my character. :D

Upvote 0

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'd like to see the legal limit for the size of sig pictures and graphics reduced. Yes, I know I can turn tghem off if I don't want to see them, and I know it's hard to legislate tase, but they look awful.

Particularly with respect to signatures...it has been. Not sure of the specifics as I don't remember...but the scroll-forever garbage is a thing of the past. Some of those things were megabytes in size and were a huge drain.

Upvote 0

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
The little icons are called postbit. They were supposed to...to my knowledge..be here. There was a compatibility issue...half the site was a hacked version of actual software. I am checking to see if they will return.

Also...I am checking to see if I can get a list to differentiate between:

• What is not here right now and is being worked on
  • What is not here right now and will not return

There was supposed to be an ajax-powered popup of sorts that replaced a bunch of stuff in the postbit (it was shocking to hear how much bandwidth they used)...but that may have been just for staff. I know folks are displeased about the icons...and the ajax fix never got off the ground to the best of my knowledge. so i think folks are checking to see if it is feasible...no promises (such that i've been told).

[eta] there is probably going to be little, if any, movement on template design. maybe some color changes...but that is about it. the navbar was supposed to be replaced with a section in the "quick links" menu...dunno if it has not been added yet or has gone off the rails somewhere.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Particularly with respect to signatures...it has been. Not sure of the specifics as I don't remember...but the scroll-forever garbage is a thing of the past. Some of those things were megabytes in size and were a huge drain.

See Angelldove and RedStilleto's posts in this thread. I like both posters, but their sigs are giant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
How is one to interpret "meh" other than indifference?

I've worked with Tonks for years and I took it as a short phrase before pointing out context. I did not read it as dismissive. But that his personal opinion was that there were others that had a far greater issue. Not that your point was rendered invalid by that observation.

Tonks is direct and honest. But he is not, in any experiences I have had, dismissive of other views. And by that I mean he takes them into account and honestly and fairly weighs them. But he will be direct.

That's how I took it. Seriously, he is here answering stuff. And I appreciate that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.