Somewhere on planet earth
✟15,847.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I feel very blessed to be the wife of a Pastor. There are so many good things. Serving God and His people in this place. Watching people grow in their faith. Seeing how the members care for each other and us. When my husband has had a particularly busy week, they remind him to take time off.

Just a few things that are good.

Reactions: Heart4Him
Upvote 0

meganahan

Apr 11, 2006
Texas
✟16,035.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
AutumnDreamer said:
I haven't discovered any of the bad sides yet. We have a very small church, just my family and 4or 5 other people. So it is all still good for me.
That IS small. It makes me think of what the early church must have been like. Church "services" were meeting for dinner at someone's place and talking/learning all evening.

Upvote 0

AutumnDreamer

Jan 6, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟17,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
meganahan said:
That IS small. It makes me think of what the early church must have been like. Church "services" were meeting for dinner at someone's place and talking/learning all evening.

This is what we will be doing soon. The Lord is calling us out of this area, into another state. We will have a home church there, no more then 15-20 people at most. After being an associate pastor in a church of 100 to head pastors in a church of about 10, I definitely like the small home church environment better.

Upvote 0

Heart4Him

I'll still love you, Lord.
Jan 11, 2006
✟31,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the UP side to being a pastor's wife is seeing lives changed and people accepting and growing in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is wonderful to know you are in God's Will and that you are a small part of His plans in spreading the gospel.
The church members that pray for you and tell you they are, the ones that are so encouraging, loving and supportive..and the ones that aren't, too...because it makes you grow, and trust in God even more, and helps you learn to love everyone as Christ does.
Thank you for this thread!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing that I really like about my husband's job is its flexibility. Sure, there is a lot of stress, and he is kind of on call all the time, but he also can be home to help me with the kids if I need him, and we get to spend a lot more time together than most couples who work outside the home all day.

Upvote 0

Ms.Garnet

Apr 13, 2005
✟9,016.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have really enjoyed the many people we have met , both in the pew and those from "on up there" in our world of "ministry". We meet people in the pew who are so deep in their walk with the Lord, they love you, encourage you, they teach you by their life actions, and there are those you know you can say I need prayer and you KNOW that the prayers are covering you. We get to meet wonderful speakers and musicans and fellowship with some very Godly folks. Then there are the kids whose lives you touch in some small way - and you don't realize it until some years down the road they come and ask you to perform their wedding - they name a child after your husband (this really happened)- they ALWAYS greet you with a hug even now that they are grown.

Upvote 0

lostinWA

Jun 11, 2007
Mabton, WA
✟15,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As a youth pastor's wife I love getting to know the kids!!! There is nothing better than just hanging out and know how much it means to kids to know adults care about them. We just had the whole youth group out to our house for an out of school party and wow they just light up when we play and hang out with them.

Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
My wife is the church secretary & we are part of the helps ministry , which at times is tiresome and frustrating ...
I guess it is seeing how much pastor is up against and how the grace of God sustains him ...

For us it seems to be when we are a day away from quitting ...God sends us some fair weather and a thank you ... and we sign up one more time ...

bishop Jakes spoke about some of this type of thing this week , about our daily cross we bear ... James 1.1-2 ; 1 Peter 1.7 days

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums