The Unum Test and ideas to unite America once again.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only way the US will survive being absorbed into the new world government is to maintain it's nationalism. The whole purpose of the us vs them movement that has overtaken the nation is to destabilize the country and make the transition into just another member of the new world government of Corporatism, easier as your nationalism is lost. Your president, our prime minister, the leaders of Europe and in the British commonwealth and middle East, capitalists and communists alike, the British monarchy and the Pope have all joined forces as supporting members of the new world government of Corporatism and it's Great Reset agenda and slogan of building back better (not for the people but the elite of course). Supposed enemies of old are working together for a common Corporatism cause. The corporate movement may have taken hold in the US over a century ago and destroyed small towns and the rural way of life but today it absorbs nations and their governments. Today, without the divisive attitude of the US, it will not make the transition easily. Your past existence depends on it, but it seems you are destined to just become muscle of a world order. Time to wake up and see beyond your own front yard.
Illuminati Landscaping is offering a Fall special on dethatching and overseeding

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Believers should not be yoked with unbelievers, but in this day and age many are. Especially in the area of politics, which is a den of lies. Not really sure why a believer would seek out this.

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
You present a valid point. Though I recall in 1 Corinthians Paul says we shouldn't associate with immoral people, but in order to avoid them completely we'd need to avoid the world completely. This is not feasible for most people. We interact with pagans and nonbelievers in our society if we choose to leave the house. We are yoked to each other inasmuch as we inhabit the mortal earth together. I reckon my whole point of the thread is seeing if people are willing to search their own moral inventory to find ways to help. It always seems easier to critique the morals and values of others, but this solves nothing. As believers I feel an obligation to heed His will and be examples of faith, hope and love. I am working on listening more and keeping an open mind. I'm working on tempering my honesty with compassion or sensitivity so I don't alienate people. I am learning not to judge everything and leave that to God. Thanks for your reply.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You present a valid point. Though I recall in 1 Corinthians Paul says we shouldn't associate with immoral people, but in order to avoid them completely we'd need to avoid the world completely. This is not feasible for most people. We interact with pagans and nonbelievers in our society if we choose to leave the house. We are yoked to each other inasmuch as we inhabit the mortal earth together. I reckon my whole point of the thread is seeing if people are willing to search their own moral inventory to find ways to help. It always seems easier to critique the morals and values of others, but this solves nothing. As believers I feel an obligation to heed His will and be examples of faith, hope and love. I am working on listening more and keeping an open mind. I'm working on tempering my honesty with compassion or sensitivity so I don't alienate people. I am learning not to judge everything and leave that to God. Thanks for your reply.
Oddly, Jesus mingled with the unbelievers. How does the Great Commission happen living in a bubble?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We set the example, we do not mold into our own image.. But if persecuted for it we are to simply move on.
What about inconvenience? Do you stay or move?

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"We call it the Unum Test. Here’s how it works: put partisan blinders aside and ask yourself which policies would have the long-term effect of uniting—or further dividing—our country."

I think any legislation that is not bi-partisan is counterproductive. Pushing something through just because one party has the muscle to do it will never build unity.
I agree with your statement about partisan bills in congress. That is the state of our politics now. I think it is obvious our current congress isn't up to the task. We could use a strong flushing of many incumbents if we want things to work as intended. Fresh new faces in congress who have actually changed and adapted to this new millennium would do America some good.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like the goal and the idea, and I certainly like our original national motto better than the current official one.

But even some of the reasonable things in the essay have been pre-poisoned. One side sees 'saving the middle class' where the other sees 'SOCIAЛIЗM'.

And I think we'll continue to see in this thread why we can't all get along.
Yes, the alternate perspectives on each side is hard to overcome. This is why qualified, respectable leaders are desperately needed so we can establish some basic truths about our problems. Often both sides are concerned with issues such as free speech yet their perspectives coming into the debate are quite different. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oddly, Jesus mingled with the unbelievers. How does the Great Commission happen living in a bubble?
I am saying the same thing. We are all in this bubble of mortality together, not separately. We separate by choice. I'm merely trying to find ways we can work together to better the lives of the living. People tend to seek out the news they want to hear in their own bubbles, which leads us into two or nine different realities. I think we should learn to winnow it back to one reality before we can effectively solve any problems.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like Marjorie Q Greene?
Hahaha surely you jest? I'm not sure how she's helping her constituents but she's great business for the tabloids. I camped with some Georgia folks down in Talladega a few years in a row. She would fit right into their family. I kid you not, the sister explained how her brother talked slowly because he'd been kicked in the head by one of their horses. The next year I was happy to see that cute girl again. Then she and her brother came up and he explained to me how she was a bit slower now cause she got kicked in the dang head by the horse. I took it as a sign from God to stay away. That nite the kid stabbed some other boys up in the north park. They weren't right. I told em they should get rid of the horse but the damage was done haha.

• Informative
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,117.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think we should learn to winnow it back to one reality before we can effectively solve any problems.
You mean turn off the media Lessening the power of the Adversary and learn to think for ourselves about things that really matter instead of the power and well being of the elite??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean turn off the media Lessening the power of the Adversary and learn to think for ourselves about things that really matter instead of the power and well being of the elite??
That is a wise suggestion. I often unplug. Plus this is a reply I could understand hahaha. Have a good day. Peace

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Evil One must be challenged on every front.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I agree, trump did not invent the partisan divide. Yet we can hardly say he didn’t exacerbate our divisions. Your last statement is the exact polarized tribalism I'm talking about. The dems and republicans project their own behaviors onto the other party equally. I'm talking about a discussion to illuminate and accentuate our similarities. Like how all Americans need food and water to survive. We all want our children to feel safe in school. We all need hospitals now and again. Taking off our tribal lens with which we view the world is not easy I grant you. But finding common ground is nearly impossible if we do not even TRY. For instance, I agreed with your first statement to show we had a bit of common ground. There ARE objective truths in life. Like it is a sunny day in the Shenandoah Valley today. Or stealing is not lawful. I'm looking for folks willing to offer ways to unite us instead of more ways to divide us. Thanks for the reply. Peace
Yes, but I've heard this before, and what happens is that when the left tries to tell the right what they have in common, it is always a narrative, not a question, not a give and take. It is the same you will see on what they call a bipartisan effort in Congress, or when they accuse the opposition of not cooperating. Why cooperate when the whole proposal, claimed to be bipartisan, is only leftist?

But to add to the fun of this discussion, I'm not talking about Republican vs Democrat, but conservative vs liberal, or not even that —it's actually Conservative/Constitutional vs Establishment/Swamp. (Haha, and even Trump wasn't an ideologue —he was just practical. Almost comes to the same thing as 'conservative'.)

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,117.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Evil One must be challenged on every front.
Yet no nationwide Christian boycott of all media. The worldly need their fix thus showing the governance of man is their choice over the governance of God..

Upvote 0